Twirl'N'BurnBooojakasha
121 posts

Posted:
Something that I have noticed alot when I go to big fire meets is that most of the people there are quite alternative, and while I dont fully consider myself a complete mainstream conservitist I do feel that I am not nearly as alternative or a hippy (for lack of a better word) as most of many of the twirlers that I have met. So this got me pondering and thinking that for intrests sake that we could do a little poll.My question to you my friends is, do you consdier youreslf alternative of conservitive ?

Simply an excuse to play with fire.

el beardoBRONZE Member
72 posts

Posted:
during the day i wear a suit, even if not at work. i have a shaved head, a goatee thats about three inches long at the bottom which i wear tied up. at the weekend i wear a hoodie, baggy trousers and go to underground hard housse clubs, sometimes with a spot of invisible uv paint, and spin glowsticks to my little hearts content. so, to answer the question, during the week i look anbd act pretty mainstream, tho its obvious if anyone bothers to look that im not entirely mainstream. and at the weekend, i wouldnt say im alternative or hippy, but i am a clubber, and a very serious clubber. wel, for the first time in my life i've justified/explained where i think i stand in relaton with those around me. i feel stranegly........just the same as before. oh well------------------Flame on!

May your staff spin fast and your poi always miss your balls.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Depends. I go to my sons school stuff, was the bench coach for his t-ball team, etc.In that respect, I am very "normal" or "conservative" or whatever.When I meet people, they think I am this really shy, quiet person (believe it or not).Alternative, to me is something outside the social norm, and in the context of my friends and the life I lead, everything is perfectly normal...unless you are an outsider looking in.My answer...yes I am!..both with pride...I am just me, no more, no less.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Hmm, it's all relative isn't it.I suppose I'm a happy medium between the two, I'm more conservative than some people I know, but more alternative than others.Giving myself labels doesn't really make much difference to me though, I am who I am and I'm not going to change smile------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
I'm with TheLiquidCowMonkey on this one. I find that it's realy hard to catagorize people if you know anything about them. I would say any usefull clasification (usefull as in ease of identifying who goes where while providing enough differentiation between the two so that they don't overlap too much) has to be, by nature, too specific to place a human into.I have met very, very few people who, when asked, will tell you which classification they belong in.------------------'There is a fist pressing against anyone who thinks something compelling'

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Yeah, it's hard to catogarize one's self. There are alot of factors which go into who you are. Apparel wise I look fairly alternitive, I got this skater/raver thing going. Oddly enough, I suck at skateboarding, although I'm decent at snowboarding. Sidewalks scare me more than snow covered hills. The Raver thing is appropriate, since I feel comfortable in and enjoy out of club dj parties. Clubs normally don't work for me, and I avoid them unless they got a big name dj in town. Plus I love big pants, they're fun and comfy smile So cloth wise is really the only catagory I can easily put myself into, everything else is too complicated.------------------Ambiguous

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I am me ...or so I've heard wink

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

RavingLunaticmember
286 posts

Posted:
really? i am me too cassandra, i think we have it figured out.------------------~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

~whoosh whoosh whoosh~

TanzenBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
I'm FAR from being considered "alternative" or "punk". Though, I used to skateboard (until I broke my right wrist in a few different places while skating).I snowboard and surf, but I don't fit into what you would catagorize people who do those.I guess I'm just a regular type of guy during the day, with a raver edge to him at night.Tanzen------------------Ravers don't share glowsticks!

Ravers don't share glowsticks!

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
im a sexy bitch...yeah baby yeah!!!"S"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
large mowhawk, very heavy guage facial piercings, swings fire, works for a "rave" nightclub as a cellar manager.listens to hard techno, trance, punk, ska, metal. some one help me here i dont think i can be catagorised!PKhttps://uk.geocities.com/poi_in_the_park_sheffield

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Depends on the day, at dayjob i wear a suit, but usually leave it at work and get changed into skatey-type unicykling gear to ride to and from work.Sometimes I need the suit so I unicyle home in it, whichmust look pretty stupid, but I don't care.I often wear my super bright perfomring clothes and sometimes my stupid sunglasses if I've forgotten to wash my normla clothes, or lost my usual sunnies.Sometimes, (while firebusking) I look like a homeless chimney sweep. Thats what 3-5 hours of kero-busking does to you, so i wear the same old shitty clothes anyway...And sometimes i make clothes out of twisting balloons,but normally over existing clothes.Hmmm.....I guess I'm probably the true meaning of the word "alternative". Because now punks and goths and all over pierced people are labelled that but fit into their own groups just like a jock or a yuppie or whatever.Interesting idea, and me as usual blabbing on too long... grin------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I was kinda wondering about that too.Guess I am fairly suit wearing conservative during the day (if a bit scruffy round the edges, I have this thing against ironing, but nothing against irony). The rest of the time, well, at my worst I have been described as preppy. I think it is more that I am non-pierced, non-tatt (going to change that one soon), and not nearly funky enough. The scruffy thing is a constant though winkR.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

4,224 posts

Posted:
Raving Lunatic... WOW... you are me too ? how many of you guys are me too winkAll right ... sorry about that poor joke Twirl'N burn !shine onCassandra

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I don't think I am alternative and I don't want to be classified as conservative.I guess I must be cassandra then!

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Twirl'N'BurnBooojakasha
121 posts

Posted:
Well that has certaintly been a mind bending funkadellic trip into ones inner self !!Though the whole issue of who you are is alot more complicated than I origionally thought. I am still picturing Charles in a suit on a unicycle. Hmmmm I think it would make a funky billbiard advert for something, I don't know what though.[This message has been edited by Twirl'N'Burn (edited 09 February 2002).]

Simply an excuse to play with fire.

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
I would say that I'm a professional by day, free mind by night. I have conservative finance theories, yet I'm a conspiricist. A lot of my views of the world are a "hands off" kinda mentality that as long as what you do doesn't hurt me, it shouldn't concern me. I was raised a R. Catholic, but have been questioning my faith and belief in anything that is absolute. If peeps at work knew who I really was, they'd be freaked. I've got piercings and tattoos, yet a corporate mentality at work. Generally, I am ME!!! smile We're all freaks in normal clothing... what does it matter anyways, it's what's inside that counts... wink

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
well im certainly not mainstream, but im certainly not alternative either, god, at the risk of being repetitive im gonna have to say im me again...thats really the one answer i can think of, no ones quite like me, and i drift between many different "cliques", so "me" is the only way i can describe myself...(this should be everyones answer by the way tongue )[This message has been edited by Whiffle Squeek (edited 09 February 2002).]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
It's getting crowded inside cassandra blushReminds me of that quote:"I'm an individual, and so are all my friends"Which in turn reminds me of a really bad song by an ex-footy player Mark "Jacko" Jackson:"I'm an individual ya can't fool me!"------------------Where's the foetus gonna gestate? You gonna keep it in a box?

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Ahh, Rebelion isn't free, but it's on sale at the mall.As I am blue collar, a machinist, by day, no one really gives a flying fu*k at a rolling doughnut how I look at work. By night I usually hang out at the *Puppy cringes* "Goth" clubs. I really have issues with the Goth scene in general, but I really like industrial music and that is where they play it. I guess to look at me you would call me a Punk. I had a foot and a half long mohawk up until about a year or two ago. Now my hair is just messy, but carefully so. I like to wear leather, PVC, spikes, chains, and bondage gear. I like to go to shows and walk out stumbling drunk and bleeding. If that makes me a punk then I guess I will have to accept it gracefully (even though I firmly believe that punk rock needs to be shot in in the head). But give me a pack of Lucky Strikes, a Skinny Puppy CD and a handle of Jim Beam and I'm happy, and blissfully so at that.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

4,224 posts

Posted:
WoW, Bendy , you're right, I never realized so many people were cassandra winkI know now why I've found myself to have gained quite a lot of weight lately smileROFL !!