Forums > Social Chat > Valentine .... Are you in love ?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
It is soon to be Valentine ... actually .. for all the shops around here, it's been valentine ever since it was no longer Xmas winkI don't know what to think about valentine cause it's never been that good a day to me (pathetic love stories wink)but most of all because of its commercial aspect which I do not like too much !that being said I love the idea of celebrating love .. only I want (and try .... dunno if I succeed wink ) to make everyday a Valentine's day... (yeah ... I know these kind of sentences sound so cheesy ... but remember I *am* from the country of cheese wink )that just got me wondering if you people are in love and happy ? I know personal details are NONE of my business, it is rather just a general question... maybe all I meant was to take the time and ask the simple question :How are you ? smileShine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Ah, Cassandra, the irresistible topic…I have been in love for some time now (about 16 months), having had one of those “love at first sight” experiences. Actually, I think it was more like a “don’t-go-near-him-he’s-trouble” experience, but they are the same thing really! winkThe truth is he is trouble, but no-one else has ever managed to keep me interested in quite the same way or for anywhere near as long – usually I’m the queen of three month relationship…and the great thing is the more I know him, the more wrapped up it all becomes, but that’s the way it’s supposed to go right? (Aw…sweet!)Our relationship has been rocky, to say the least…especially since I decided to kick it all in and dump him in August last year. We had a five month break before he convinced me to come back to him…the truth was that I missed him more and more over the months, not less and less as I had hoped…We don’t celebrate Valentine’s Days, or anniversaries, or anything like that. We have never even said the “I love you” words to each other either, which I think is odd. But we do manage to always have very special evenings or days in each other’s company, which I think is just the point of being together really.I could ramble on for ever here I fear…So, to all you love birds out there, I hope your fella treats you the way you want to be treated 24-7…and if he doesn’t, give him the elbow – nothing like a stay in purgatory to teach a man what he’s missing out on… winkHappy Valentine’s Day…C

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I am so not *in love and happy*. I love my (now ex) boyfriend very much but he has decided that he would rather sleep around than have a deep and meaningful relationship. I see him every week at the spin meet flirting with all my friends and this makes me very upset, but i try to ignore it as much as possible for the sake of peace. Friends try to make me feel better by saying that I am worth more than him but I LOVE him and wanted to have his babies so this is litle comfort. This whole valentines thing is great if you're in a loving relationship, but I think if you are alone it just reminds you how lonely you are. There is far too much onus in society to be part of a couple. If you're not the images you see make you feel like an inferior human being. Also I agree that it is too commercial. If you love some one you should tell them every day at every opportunity, not because the capitalist money grabbing card industry says you shoud today.On a happier note though I am the mother of a teenage daughter who I love and respect more than words can say and the relationship we have is great. I thought the teenage years were supposed to be harder than any but we just get on beter and beter. There are more things we can share all the time as she matures. Only this morning I recieved a call from a friend who's son is sniffing lighter fuel and collapsed in the bathroom (His parents are strict and everything is a no-no so he can't talk to them to help him come to an informed decision about anything). Because of this his stepdad became violent with him and he has run away from home refusing to return. When I got off the phone H said whats up with ***? when I told her she gave me big hugs and said she was so glad I am her mum and she can talk to me about anything and I won't get angry or judge her. This made me so happy I cried. Her friends always think I am * a freak* until they get to know me and then they wish their mum was like me too.Happy valentines to all you lovers and all you singles.Onelove, Thistlefirepixie smile

Are we nearly there yet?

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
I am madly in love with the enchanting Pele. We have been together for over 4 years and I love her more now than I did then. She continues to get my heart racing when we're close and sometimes I still get nervous when we're alone.I count my blessings each day because sometimes I still can't believe that someone this exciting is with me.Cass, we're not much for Valentine's day either. If a man needs to be told that he should buy her gifts then he doesn't really love her. I try to buy gifts on weird days just because. Taking her out on dates becuase you want to celebrate "Tuesday" or just because.This year her son and I will be taking her out to dinner for V-day.Actually, this Saturday we're going to a strip club with my truck club. So maybe that's an early Valentine's date? shocked------------------FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB."Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique"Pyromorph.com - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
N8...will you be my Valentine?hee hee grin"S"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

4,224 posts

Posted:
::runs to warn Superman's wife that something weird's happening to her husband:: wink

4,224 posts

Posted:
Thistle, you go girl !!! keep shining the way you do smile I too wish that over 10 years ago in my bad teenage years I'd had an understanding mother. It is really wonderful ! And please allow your heart to heal and recover... smileshine oncassandra

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i am deeply in love. i have been for the last 2 years. shes a very bright lady, red head, very fiery, and always makes me feel warm inside...my fire...

anyone got a light?

4,224 posts

Posted:
Pozee baby ... you must be bisexual though cause I heard you had an affair with some blue and green glowstix too wink[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 07 February 2002).]

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
actually i hate valentines day since it really rubs us habitually single people the wrong way.but if all my non-single troupe guys want to send me flowers i will be happy smilePere

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Ah! Amour! *sigh* L'amour fait le monde tourner. (corrections?)I'm not going into my love story, but for various reasons I won't be doing anything for Valentine's Day. Here's my thoughts on Valentine's day.It's a sweet idea. It allows you to anonymously declare your love for someone. Just knowing somebody cares is a wonderful thing. However it's an odd spin of our society, because on any other day of the year sending someone anonymous gifts and words of love could be considered stupid, odd or worse: stalking and sexual harassment! It's a sweet idea, I dig spreading the love!However, in my opinion, the extremely cheesy and forced nature of romancing someone just because convention dictates invalidates the act and occasion. I've had girlfriends who acted mortally wounded when they weren't showered in gifts and flowers on Feb 14th. They didn't last long! It's the old complaint - Why should I pay over the odds just because of one specific day?If you really love somebody, they know, you know, and that love is 24/7. You complete each other. Each day is a special day. With true love there is as much romance in any average day spent together than a 'romantic' trip or expensive dinner. You can still have expensive dinners and romantic trips to Rome or wherever, but don't let them be dictated."Why love if losing hurts so much? We love to know that we are not alone." CS Lewis

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
wheres your proof?oh no, you have video dont you...

anyone got a light?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
*le sigh*Very much in love with Whipping Boy, and it grows by the day, hour, minute....We've known each other five years and have been dating over four of it. Our evolution seperately as well as together is really quite remarkable. (I really hated him when I first met him and then he turned stalker on me until we became friends!) I can not imagine my life without him.As for Valentine's Day. It is a Hallmark Holiday. I think that it's a coporate trumped up day to make money. I don't need a reminder to express my love. I do that anyway everytime I see him.And as for the strip club thing...that's my way of keeping my options open! tongueI'd offer to be your Valentine Pere but I think I am a little inadequate! smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
"Ill grab every ass in here girl or boy,...cause im comfortable with my sexuality""S"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
You know.......i have never really celebrated valentines day. I don't think its all that big a deal down under (please feel free to correct that statement).As for love.......no im not in "love" with anyone in particular. But thats ok because i feel loved all the time. Its what you get for a good strong freindship group, and a loving faimly. But you can't ask your mum to be your valentine.....i think thats illegal in most states in australia (except tasmania) winkCheersAPB

Good on usGood on us all

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I'm like Ausi, I don't believe in Valentines day. Only things with deep roots like Thanksgiving or Christmas I believe in dedicating a single /day/ to giving. I give all the time I mean.I guess I'm to young to really understand =/ hehe oh well! I'll wait dun wanna grow up to fast.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I'm in love.I'm engaged.I'm giving up pork, alcohol, 95% of all fast foods and most types of soft sweets so I can get married.And I'm happy about all of it grin grin grin grin------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I was in love once *sigh* but the doctor gave me this cream and it cleared right up winkStill waiting for the infection to break out again...

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

tallicaburtonmember
51 posts

Posted:
I read the title of this thread, and I KNEW it was my favorite, cassandra, who seems to make the worst situation better with her *sparkling* personality. Thanks! I'm going to stay after school to tutor other students on Valentines day (that means I don't have a date wink), but I'm okay with that smile I have lots of friends I love, so thats good, they're the greatest! peace (and thanks for being you cassandra) - johnp.s. *I start using an outrageous french accent* Do they make a bigger deal of Valentines day in Paris, since it is the "city of love"?p.p.s. Sorta off topic, but cassandra, have you seen Moulon Rouge? (Hope I didn't butcher your language smile) Know it isn't french, but it was really good, and was SET in Paris, even though the people in it spoke with english accents...hrm....p.p.p.s. Did you see "Brotherhood of the Wolf"? That has been sorta popular here... I saw it, and it was French.... Guy Flick=D how did that American Indian in France know martial arts? Okay, I'm done now. Everyone have a great valentine's day, be you partnered or no.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Tallicaburton...if I didn't know better I would think you were flirting with our lovely Cassandra! winkShame on you sweet guy, for hitting on a claimed woman! smile(you know I love you and am just picking on ya!)------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
::COUGH::LOLSuperman, you better stick around this time, your humour is unsurpassed smile You nearly made me cough Kim Chi all over my monitor!I treat Valentines day as just another excuse for lovey dovey stuff.Josh

4,224 posts

Posted:
Pozee, sweetie ... sorry to break it but *everyone* here knows about your glowstick affair ... winkDom, you made me realize that somehow there is a big difference between valentine in different countries. in france it is only for couples and basically it is all about offering chocolates, jewelery and going out for dinner. (Any single AVOID restaurants on valentine's day : too painfull... I personnaly usually used to go for good old Tex Avery cartoons and disgusting candies, pop corn etc...). I forgot that in other cultures it is the opportunity for people to anonymously say "I love you"... I think that this is sweet. Yep ! APB, you're back ????? YAY !!!!! Hope you find your princess regardless of that irrelevant valentine issue smileBendy, this cream is definitely the worst thing I've ever heard of ... get rid of it QUICK !!! I've had it for 3 years and it cured me too well... Now I am cream-less again and deeply infected by love and happy smileTallica , sweet one, thank you for the compliments smile As for your "PSes"...- dunno about the deals in Paris... cause i'll be in the USA actually on valentine
Non-Https Image Link
- Sorry, have not seen Moulin Rouge yet, was told it is good but each time I see N. KIdman I want to puke (sorry all you N. Kidman fans ... or all you scientologists out there wink )- Yessssssssssssss I've seen "le pacte des loups" , 'tis a French movie. Not so good, but the pitures are BEAUTIFUL About martial arts ...a) French is a country where martial arts are extremely popular. (over 1 millino karateka, same amount of judoka...)b) BUT ... the indian guy is actually Mark Dacascos who happens to be american for as far as I know ... that's about it for now... smileshine oncassandra[This message has been edited by cassandra (edited 07 February 2002).]

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Moulin Rouge is a cool film, all Baz Luhrmann films are. It's set in Paris, but typically, it's more set in an idea of Paris, everything exagerated. That's part of what makes Luhrmann films cool. Anyway, point is Cassandra, in the film Nicole Kidman dies, so that may be an incentive to see it winkAnother Luhrmann film is Romeo and Juliet, probably one of my favourite films, even though it does have Leonardo DiCaprio in it (but Claire Danes makes up for it). Obviously it's the classic romance story and perfectly cheesy for single people to watch on the 14th!

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Thanks Cassandra smile

Are we nearly there yet?

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
valentines day always ends the same way for me... without any cards... this year I am going to the dentist though to have some teeth pulled, so theres a chance I might get one of those little cars with my next appointment written on it...think I'm probably perma-single, ever since my last girlfriend went back to the states about 2 years ago... no luck since; perhaps I'm loosing my sex appeal along with my hair!happy valentines everyonecat smile

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

4,224 posts

Posted:
Come on catboy, come on !!!!! who knows... maybe the dentist assistant's will be this beautiful, classy, hot babe with a heart of gold , a sharp mind and a pure soul and you'll be happy ever after etc... or maybe not wink either way, don't you worry, love's around the corner somewhere and the less you look for it, the more it is likely to fall in your arms ... And also ... I think guys with little hair look *very* sexy... smileQuestion : do people actually tell their loved ones "will you be my valentine" ? how does it "work" in your countries ?shine onCassandra

Auger282member
81 posts

Posted:
EDITED_BY: Auger282 (1429498088)

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I am not much for the "Love" thing. As some of you have seen from other posts that I would rather have not loved than loved at all. That is if you are talking about an other than friends relationship. I love all my friends and would die for everyone of them. I was in love, once, she was a few years younger than I and I had been around the block a bit more than her. I told her that I felt that if our relationship was going to grow to what I was hopeing for (marrage) that I would have to come out and clear my consience with her. This was supposed to be an act of love that would show her that I was to be truthfull and trustworthy in all aspects of our relationship. Of course it didn't go that way and now she wont even speek to me. There is my little sob story and know you know more than you had ever wanted to know about Raymund Phule.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

4,224 posts

Posted:
YAY ! the kiss kiss bears !!! I got them as a Xmas present too... they are so sweet smile I did not know they could do all those kinky stuff too... allthough sometimes when I come home after work I can see something has been going on between the two while I was away , dirty little b****rds winkRaymond Phule, what do you mean by "clear your conscience" ? tell her about previous stories or stories you had while you were still with her ? Not judging, just asking ... maybe you can use that story to learn from it and get ready for the next princess. I know how I hated hearing from my friends that "there are so many great guys out there, why focus on that one " (well... they actually referred to my boyfriends as assholes wink ), but I must say they are damn right. Anyway, I ain't no doctor Ruth winkand you are welcome to not pay attention to my rambling here smileshine onCassandra

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Ouch Raymund, that must hurt bad!I know what that's like from both side. Years ago, when I was young and not so intelligent, I dated an amazing girl who I loved dearly. Her past wasn't sordid, but it was a lot more 'interesting' than mine wink I had a hard time with this sometimes. Maybe it was through a combination of shock, conservatism and jealousy. Anyway, it affected our relationship.Now, I'm older and wiser, and belatedly made my own mistakes. Now I know some women are put off when I'm honest. For some reason they often ask if you've ever cheated on someone. Being honest and saying 'Yes, once, and it was the stupidest, most painful thing I've ever done.' doesn't go down well. But you need honesty in a relationship, otherwise it will fail. Sadly not everyone can cope with the past of someone they love, and it changes how they percieve them, even if the past is the past and they know the soul as it is now.I still go for 'It's better to have loved and lost, than never loved at all', as long as you focus on the good times, not the bad. But we ain't getting into that discussion! wink[This message has been edited by -Dom- (edited 08 February 2002).]

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
not that i never fall for people, I am just picky and fall for people i can't have....people who are married or seeing other people, guys who are leaving the country in 3 days, guys who are gay and not likely to change... actually, this applies to nearly every single person i have liked in the past.its sort of a bummer, but at least it tells me i have good taste smilePere

Page: