Forums > Social Chat > Sitting at home thinking about yo-yos

Login/Join to Participate

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Could have 2 yo's, throw them both out and make them sleep hard, then spin them into a standard weave, then come out and bring them back up?just wondering if anyone has tried it."S"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
ooooo... yo-yo's. I'll have to try that!*scurries out and get a helmit before trying*I hope I actually have at least 1 yo-yo...Kinudin

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
strangly enough, I was trying just that last night. the yoyos where of different brand, and one would sleep longer than the other. and the one time the yoyo whipped forward as it came in, wrapped around my arm and gave me decent rope burn tongue

I smell something burning.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
It's really hard to allow yo-yo's to sleep and then do poi with them. For some reason, a yo-yo that I can make sleep for quite a while will die if you try to do more than one "lunar loop" with it.Even those "cheat" yo-yo's with the clutch that sleep forever will stop spinning if I do a revolution with them. For some reason they don't want to rotate and revolve at the same time...Maybe it's just me.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
[15 minutes later of yo-yoing later...]Yeah, I can't even get a traditional yo to sleep while rotatating more than once around. That is, by the time I get it around twice, the yoyo has magically stopped spinning.The best I can do is one lunar loop with both yoyos. That is: shoot them both out in front so they sleep while doing a single "reverse" poi spin and then pull them in when they are in front again. Still they're almost dead from just that. If I got two yomegas and REALLY kicked them out hard I MIGHT be able to JUST squeeze out a sad looking weave, but it'd be kinda cheating. And I'd probably lose some teeth trying. smileI'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that you're forcibly disrupting the gyroscopic effect by moving the gyroscope in a plane that it doesn't want to move in.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
You might be able to get a kind of butterfly going, throw them both out sideways, spin them round for a bit then bring them back in.I'd give it a go myself, but I've sprained my wrist. Having a pair of yo-yos would probebly help too smile------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.