Forums > Social Chat > Strange and unusual payments

Login/Join to Participate

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
Hey all,Just did a search and couldn't find this one so apologies if it's been discussed before.I just did a show for a friend's wedding and as payment had accomodation for 3 night at the Hunter Valley (wine making district in NSW, Australia) for me and my girl and little fella. Also had a baby sitter thrown in for the wedding night so we could both go and not have to worry about our boy.This got me thinking about times I've recieved slightly strange payments for performing. These range from free entry to a party to a half finished schooner of beer that some dude had just sneaked out of a pub with. Also had a guy give me a pipe forged from the foil around the top of a cigarette packet and some very average pot. grin winkJust curious to see what others have experienced with people's stranger methods of payment????

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
When busking, I've been flashed (She didn't ask if i wanted it, just said she had no money so... eeeewww), had lollies, blunts, lighters, pamphlets, condoms, a feather, an apple, two banana's ...the list goes on!I don't really take anything except cash, although once i did a contra deal for an accountant who did my end of year taxes for me, that was pretty good...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Berzerker!!!! Haven't seen you for ages!!!This actually was posted awhile ago, under some title of What's the strangest...? Or some such thing. Basically it was, what's the strangest offering/tip/payment you have received for a performance.Umm...for me... I only accept cold hard cash for performances but I have been offered sex to spin for someone. Turned it down cold.(Yuck!)I have been tipped...-A silk leek (the vegetable)-Some guy showed me his ass, which had a tat of the moon on one side and the sun on the other...nicely done art too!-A handful of old foreign money and a sword that is being remade for me-food and drink of various kinds-hugs and kisses, some wanting to be of various kinds (ummm...no!)And those are the ones I remember without looking at the "shrine" I have! They still make me laugh, which makes their oddness worth it!If it wasn't for the Sept 11th thing I was supposed to perform for a resort in the Carribean, all expenses paid invluding resort lodgings, for myself and my saftey. Then Sept 11th hit and it was cancelled. frownOh well, next time!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
i just traded some art for two sets of poi smile check out www.irishpoi.com to see it.

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
Pele I've become.............(looks ashamedly at feet) a lurker smile