Page:
KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
This thread is for all of those people out there, which have to live an everyday life and be normal. Lots of us use twirling as an escape, and its great fun. But what about all those silly stupid, silly things you want to say to people or wonder about??? Or silly, stupid, silly things you have done in your life??So if you have anything silly to say or have done, then this is the thread for you…Example: I like to Moo or Meow at people in Supermarkets, you get great reactions from them.------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
Silly? .......... you want silly?Try spinning poi while snake boarding (or staff in one hand, pint in the other). smile"life shrinks and expands according to ones courage."

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
I don't know how silly this is, but I personaly enjoy partaking in such activities as playing in sandboxes and in playgrounds whenever the situation presents itself. I also enjoy a good frolic/skip in public and love toy stores. I'm a 2nd year male college student.------------------Ambiguous[This message has been edited by Jello (edited 30 January 2002).]

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
In really big supermarkets, try playing turkey curling.you need:1 large turkey2 brooms6 packets of frozen peassome stringan empty isleyou tie the peas to your feet, and to the feet of 2 friends so you can slide around.the person with the turkey slides it down the isle while the other 2 people slide along with the turkey sweeping the floor in front of it.That's more or less all there is to it, there's no scoring or anything since you very rarely get more than one go before getting kicked out.------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Hmmm.. lets see.. me VERY silly sometimes !!I like to:Shout 'TAXI' !!! at every other car that drives past (except taxis).Wave casually at every other car that passes as if I know them. (That gets some pretty funny looks sometimes)Answer the house phone with a phony accent (usually Arabic)Put huge quantities of bath bubble stuff in the cisterns of toilets in nightclubs. (Always a laugh)Repeatedly throw invisible sticks for those less intelegent canine friends of ours.Traffic lights... oh yes, traffic lights pose EXCELLENT opportunities to make other drivers think 'what the...' Like putting some tunes on and bouncing up and down with a HUGE grin on my face directed straight at the guy next to me..(without overstepping the mark and causing a road rage incident).The best one though... take two (2) x kittens.. (about 10 weeks old). Make them all cute & sleepy so the settle down and start purring. Place one (1) x kitten over your left ear and then repeat the same with kitten #2 (two) on your right ear.What you get is a REALLY wierd mega-stereo purring sound that reverberates RIGHT through your head !! Awesome !!! grin------------------Kato

Kato

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
It's always fun when you're trying on new clothes to make funny grunting noises for a few minutes, then reach your hand under the dressing stall next to you and say, "Can you hand me a roll of toilet paper? Mine's fresh out... " wink

Haydukemember
11 posts

Posted:
I enjoy going into laundramats, and pulling up a chair to the dryers - the big ones, with the glass front where you can see the clothes spin. I then stare at the spinning clothes with rapt amazement, occasionally giggling and pointing, as if I were watching television. I also usually carry wherever I go a bottle of soapy water and a wand for blowing bubbles. Sitting in traffic, waiting in line to renew your drivers license, it comes in handy on many occasions. It also seems to brighten the day of people around you, and then they want to play, too. The Unexpected and Silly can be very good medicine. Besides, its nearly physically impossible to frown while blowing bubbles.Hayduke

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
quote:
By Mushinkato: The best one though... take two (2) x kittens.. (about 10 weeks old). Make them all cute & sleepy so the settle down and start purring. Place one (1) x kitten over your left ear and then repeat the same with kitten #2 (two) on your right ear.What you get is a REALLY wierd mega-stereo purring sound that reverberates RIGHT through your head !! Awesome !!!
hehehehe, awwwww for cute smile------------------Ambiguous

FirePoi-boymember
71 posts

Posted:
When the phone rings I like to answer it and before the person can say anything ask for information on snail racing. I love the sound of confusion over the telephone.Also when ordering a pizza:"one with everything, hold the anchovies, hold the pineapple, hold the mushrooms, hold the pepperoni..." and so on until your left with a cheese and tomato pizza.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
placemat.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

SurlochSILVER Member
64 posts

Posted:
Well, I'm lucky enough to have a mad group of friends, we are always pulling stupid stunts in the Queen Street mall in Brisbane.Some favs: Get two or three people to stand in dramatic poses on escalators back to back, and go up and down, up and down. Dramatic poses include standing on one leg like the crane thing, standing back to back with arms crossed and heads in the air (tough guy pose), pretending to embrace except you are a few feet from each other etc.Playing this cool game where you have to try and step on someones toes - basically you hop around the mall trying to stomp on each others feet, the trick is your only allowed one foot on the ground at any time.When going up a glass lift in the Myer centre get a group of people to pretend you are being gassed to death, choking and sliding down the walls etc grinAnd plenty more smile

Ní mar a síltear a bítear

“Things may not be as they seem to be”

DIANNAmember
55 posts

Posted:
one of the sillyiest things i am know for is when a sales person calls i will do 1 of 3 things.! pick up the phone and act like im 3.2 sing a song like (i know a song that get's on everybodys nerves and this is how it goes bom,bom,bom i know a song that get's on everybodys nerves and this is how it goes bom,bom,bom)3 pick up the phone and say in a loud voice we don't want any!!!!once i sang that annoing song for 2 hrs. the guy never hung up!

Phuhzzzie Wuhzzzie the Pumpkin Kingmember
141 posts

Posted:
I have a few favorites: Cartwheels in public,Playing solitare in elevators, having three other friends with you and pretending you're driving a car through the shopping centre, re-enacting scenes from Titanic in shopping trolleys, shopping trolley races and putting slinkies on the escalators. To name a few. ------------------A wise man once said to me, "Hey! You! Get out of my wardrobe!" and in a way, I guess he was right.

A wise man once said to me, Hey! You! Get out of my wardrobe! and in a way, I guess he was right.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
The best game I play is called "Chinese Fire Drill" although it goes under different names. Basically when you are driving (preferably in a 5 door car) whenever you get to a red light everyone (except maybe the driver) gets out the car and runs around it as many times as possible, when the lights go amber everyone just piles into which ever door is nearest and you drive off. Generally the dirver stays put unless he's got good insurance. So far we've done this is tuxedo's infront of an army truck, in drag in front of a police car and the current record is about 11 laps...------------------https://welcome.to/thehugbubble The Mug Shot Gallery MSN Poi Community Words to memerise, words hypnotise, words make my mouth exercise.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Chakanmember
68 posts

Posted:
well I have a few things I do..I answer the phone either "pixie sanctuary" or "insane asylum how may I direct your call" Works wonders with wrong numbers.I also stare at people in elevators until they ask me "what??!?" and I say "I have a new pair of socks" and wink... strange looks.When people cut me off or pull infront of me in the road.. I race up next to them and smile and wave and give them the thumbs up. Get some really strange looks from these people.

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
Hahaha you guys are giving me plenty of great ideas grin Heres a few of my own silly pastimes:Antiquing is lots of fun. All you need is a handful of flour and an unsuspecting friend. Throw the flour at their face and voila! Your very own antique bust.My friends and I also are on a mission to be exceptionally nice to shopping attendant. We have a sort of competition going on about who can come up with the most obscure and polite way of thanking someone. Whenever my friend is asked by people to show them whats in his bag to make sure he hasn't stolen anything, he takes out every single item in his bag and shows it to them, empties out his pockets, etc.I bought a santa suit the other day, it was only $3.50! I put it on after I bought it and went around wishing people merry christmas, that was great fun!I also enjoy making little paper boats and sailing them in fountains around the city, it makes for hours of endless entertainment.Theres much more where these came from but I think I've written enough.

ERiC FiELDmember
1 post

Posted:
Try this one with a friend. Get into an elevator (the longer the ride the better and hopefully in a professional building) and ask your friend what the doctor said about the rash. Your friend of course will reply that it is really bad and that he can't have physical contact with anyone for about 2-3 weeks. Just watch people move to a "safe" distance. One of my personal favorite things to do... while driving around I open the window (I am usually the passenger so makes it a little more fun for me) and just yell at people walking "I want to be a race car!!!" Wow... the looks that i get!

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Apologies for the long post, but I have selected the best ideas from a 3 page document I have. smilePush your eyes for interesting light show:See a variety of blobs, stars and flashes. Try to make out things - is your subconscious trying to send you a message? Can you control what you see by pressing different areas with different forces? Would it be possible to somehow see the same effects on TV? Or for that matter, watch TV with your eyes shut doing this?See how long you can hold your breath:Play with a friend, or try to beat your own personal best.Look at something for awhile, shut eyes, study after image:It takes about 30 seconds of staring to create an after image, and the image is then viewable for about the same length of time. This works especially well in a dark room and a quick camera flash with eyes wide open.Get yourself as nauseated as possible:Best achieved by looking straight up and spinning around. Try to be so dizzy you can't even stand up.Step off a curb with eyes shut, imagine it's a cliff:To get any benefit out of this one, you have to have a good imagination. Don't step off immediately, build up to the jump. Study the ravine below. Feel the winds at that altitude. Step off and... AHHHHHH!!!!!Have a water drinking contest:To give your event an old western theme, slam the cups upside down on the tables after you have emptied them.Have a "Who is less competitive" competition:Trying to win at this will make you lose.Trying to lose makes you win which makes you lose.Not trying at all makes you lose which makes you win which makes you lose.Pour water in hand, make sneeze noise, throw water on back of person's neck:For an even bigger reaction out of the person, act like you're not sorry at all for what they think you did. Comment instead on how big that sneeze was or about how there was a lot of mucus in that one.------------------Where's the foetus gonna gestate? You gonna keep it in a box?

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
oooh!!Virtual Bubble WrapNeed I say more??

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
heh heh.well now that i have my computer i dont do much of this anymore but theres the off day...taking pool noodles (though long styrofoamish neat pool floaties) with a bunch of friends and proceed to beat each other sensless with them in the store.. wehn you get kicked out just buy them and carry out in the parking lot.sitting in elevators and asking people if they wanted to see my new socks. going to order lobster . but not eating it instead rock it to sleep make it dance etc. then when i was done inform the waitress that he will be coming home with me. then sticking it in some red neckks tail pipe. heh heh. he was well loved. *sniff*my friend tom and i debated standing otu infront of the the local goth bar with a hair drier and gas masks imitating photo radar.. heh heh. the list could go on but should it??oh yeah stinkymeat.com is pretty funny[This message has been edited by SorchaTheFlaming (edited 31 January 2002).]

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
The styrofoam floaties in the store is loads of fun. I take the 6-yo through the large local store and test the "softness" of various products. We'll walk around and I'll grab a pillow and bap (light hit) him with it. "Is this soft?"Then I'll let him get one and test it on me. We'll do this throughout the entire store. The above mentioned floaties, pillows, bean bag chairs, large inflatable ball toys (the 3' diameter ones) etc.With the phone solicitor. Wait till they finish their entire speach. Then ask they repeat it again. Repeat. Works best if you can set it down, put on speaker, or have a headset.I like the "acting 3" one for the phone. I'll have to try that."No, I don't WANNA!"I liked "may I speak with the man of the house?" and I'd hand the phone to the child (he was 4 last time I did this.)Pele the other day threw a temper tantrum at her son in a parking lot. She was quite loud and immature sounding. She ended with "THAT is how you throw a tantrum" to him.------------------FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB."Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique"Pyromorph.com - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

chookmember
3 posts

Posted:
hey here some that help me keep mysanity, i a shopping centre, when a voice comes over the loud speaker, jump on the floor and asume the fetal position and yell "it those voices again, their back in my head", and hold your head and look paranoid!!!i live on the gold coast so when walking down the street, i oftern point down the street and ask " is this the way to Melboure" if they say yes thank them, if they say no mutter about a wrong turn a couple of streets back!!!or yell out of the car window at those skin tight pro bike rider " tour de France"try trippng over in to larger stacks stuff in shoping centres, if you get in trouble try the sueing treat!!!thats about enough out me...i got more

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
I like to walk up to people and ask them serious questions about life."Excuse me what do you think justice is"Exscuse me how do you think the world is going to change in the next ten years.Excuse me do you like my new socks.You have to be pateint with people and respect their ideas but you get some really interesting answers.(i threw the socks in their coz it seemed like it was the topic of choice winkCheersAPBp.s. this is what aristotle used to do before he was politely asked to drink hemlock

Good on usGood on us all

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
Well I like to shoot people with with water pistols from a 2nd floor room. You have to make yourself in full view and you should let them walk to about the middle of the pavement letting the gun follow them exactly. You get some funny reaction

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
If you were feelin' a bit wacky, you can ask a guru how to make sparkly poi.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
A good one i do sometimes at the traffic lights...
You re in a full car with your friends at a red light, and someone pulls up next to you (it works best when the people in your car are 'normal' looking family types). Stare at the person next to you with real serious freaked out looks on your faces and over dramatise the action. When the person next to you looks over at you, all of you look straight ahead and lock the doors with a serious look on your face... it creeps them out a fair bit...

Another one to do at the lights is put a balaklave on your head and lean out the passenger window at the people next to you (make sure there healthy enough not to cause a heart attack). Just stare at them and pretend to pull something out of your pocket... freaks the shit out of people! this actually was done to me by someone once and it freaked me out real good!

a short one is when youre walking along in a heavily populated space with people walking in both directions and someones walking towards you, just before they move out of your line of path, abrubtly jump out of their way, like youre dodging a fast moving vehicle...

My final suggestion is to just approach strangers on the street and pretend to be an animal of choice (birds work well, especially chickens and flamingoes). gets people laughng too.

[ 15 April 2002, 19:59: Message edited by: sarah... ]

Fire... A bushmans telly

claremember
82 posts

Posted:
its good to know theres silly people around still.
i carry bubbleblowing liquid for boring situations
a pez dispenser for meetin new people (NOONE refuses pez lollies)
one day i went out a bought a packet of chalk and me and 3 friends played hopscotch up and down the cappucino strip in freo (major cafe street, in full view of lots of people). one friend played all his turns walking on his hands.
that same friend carries a toy rabbit at all times, and one day we went on an expedition once to photograph Mr Funny Bunny in all manner of situations. Our best was him being dispensed from a train-ticket machine.
and i skip down the street singing lots. linking arms for the 'we're off to see the wizard' song is fun, as is getting thrugh the entire of Bohemian Rhapsody, with miming and actions (did that yesterday)
try walking up to religious reps on the street and asking about their religion. The Mormans i approached were so surprised they could barely answer me. we ended up becoming sort-of friends

Traceredmember
71 posts

Posted:
This one works well alone, but even better with friends:

Find yourself a busy streetcorner to stand on, hands clasped behind your back, feet spred to shoulder width. (Also known as parade rest, to those who have marched before). Now, stay there, absolutely still for a good deal of time. Pretty soon people will start to talk to you, ask you what you are doing. DO NOT RESPOND. People may even begin to pokeyou gently, or to try to get your attention. Most of the time they walk away very, very confused. If you have a friend with , make them stand one shoulder width to your side doing the same thing. The key here is not to move a muscle. Freaks people out sometimes, I tell ya.

peace

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind - Mahatma Gandhi

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
I dont know if anyone else has what we call roundabouts on your roads, but basically they are a circle with four roads coming into it to direct traffic more quickly then a four way stop. now me and some of my friends will get a group of cars (3 or more works best) and all of us continue to drive around and around looking confused at the fastest speed we can (5-10mph). still gets strange looks with only one car.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
roundabouts, or traffic circles.

what's scary is when someone drives into one the wrong way....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
the city where i live was originally designed not to have any traffic lights, only roundabouts at every intersection necessary..... didnt work, we still have traffic lights, but mostly roundabouts...
a great silly game to play is find a reasonably small, busy roundabout and just stand in the middle of it, in a pose of some sort, or get a group of friends and choreograph a dance (either pop or ballet works best) and dance like a MOFO!! some people even stop and watch, and our loverly addition to society, the sexually frustrated youmg (and old) males yell out some pretty funny remarks!
Another one is to find a public space and stand there, staring up.. get some peopl you know to join in and tally up the ammount of people who look up...

Fire... A bushmans telly

Page: