Forums > Help! > Wholesale glowstick distributers?

Login/Join to Participate

Big AndyBRONZE Member
186 posts

Posted:
First of all, I've done several searches both here and on various search engines. I know there are thousands of companies that give bulk pricing breaks on glowsticks!

My problem is, I want them under 50 cents a piece. I know it exists, I've seen the sites before, but I can't find them again. Someone posted a site that sold them for somewhere in the area of 38 cents each in a thread that didn't get transferred from the old message board. I found the thread in the old message board archive, but only the first page of the thread is saved, and it was a multiple page thread. No link ubbcrying

So if anyone knows of glowstick distributers that sell 6 inch glowsticks for less than 50 cents each, I'd appreciate it if you could post the link. I've already searched through pages of search engine results and haven't come up with anything. I'm hoping someone who just happens to know of a cheap resource could post a link for me.

Thanks in advance for the help!

weavesmiley

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!"

"Welcome to the U-S-A,
We'll treat you right, unless you're black or gay, or Cherokeeeeee!!"

-Brian Griffin from "Family Guy" (the dog)

KristieEBmember
108 posts

Posted:
this is where i get mine ...

https://www.glow-necklaces-light-sticks-raves.com/product.asp?0=203&1=212&3=13

they aren't *under* 50 cents each but neither do they have a minimum order size. so they may not be what you are looking for but perhaps it will be useful for someone else smile

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I think you may be going about this the wrong way...if you want to get bulk discounts, searching for price is unlikely to get you under 50c.

The best thing is to approach the larger distributors you know of, and find out what their BULK BULK discounts are. Of course, if by bulk, you are talking hundreds rather than 20,000, you might find the higher prices are likely to be the only way to go (hopefully i'm wrong on this).

The last hope is to approach the manufacturer directly, but they would normally ask for a BIG bulk order, and cash upfront!

Also, why the 50c price tag? Is there a specific reason for this, or is just a benchmark you've decided to set for yourself? Be aware of the actual costs of these items, how much it costs to ship them, store them, advertise, pay bills etc etc.

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Big AndyBRONZE Member
186 posts

Posted:
Thanks Kristie, i hadn't run across them in my searching yet.

Charles, I'm not talking serious bulk or anything, and I know what the normal prices are +or-. I'm just searching for the best deal possible, and I know there is at least one site that sells them for around 50 cents or less. And I remember that they didn't even have a minimum order, which is odd, especially for that cheap. I just wish I had bookmarked that page dammit! So i know it's out there, and someone here linked about it.

As far as why I want them that cheap, I'M BROKE!! But me and my best friend can scrounge together some cash and get a several hundred of them, and be set for a long time, and even sell them to our friends and people we know at a profit for us, but still cheaper than typical single prices, giving our friends a good deal as well as making a couple extra bucks.

"Welcome to the U-S-A,

Big AndyBRONZE Member
186 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Originally posted by KristieEB
this is where i get mine ...

https://www.glow-necklaces-light-sticks-raves.com/product.asp?0=203&1=212&3=13

they aren't *under* 50 cents each but neither do they have a minimum order size. so they may not be what you are looking for but perhaps it will be useful for someone else smile

Wow, just went to that site, and if I buy 500 of them I can get them for 50 cents a piece. That's a good deal. I might just go for that. I've used those sticks before too, good and bright if memory serves. Thanks Kristie. Hell, they'll sell singles for 54 cents a pop, with no minimum order, I might buy 20 of em, and see if I wanna buy more.

"Welcome to the U-S-A,

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Oh..hang on...you are talking 50c US huh? That makes a considerable difference (oops).

also, if you are broke, I would seriously consider the glowsticks Malcolm sells here, soley based on the fact they are electronic and have on/off switches! If you only use it for an hour or two each night, they could last you 3-4 nights each...

The batteries are also replaceable, but as far as I know, the replacements are dearer than you get the sticks themselves for over the site...

Something to consider anyway... smile

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

KristieEBmember
108 posts

Posted:
I ordered 80 from these guys (20 each of pink, blue, orange and yellow). very quick delivery and no problems with the product. smile the glow often lasts for 48 hours too which i like! plenty bright for spinning and entertaining small children ...

i too thought about selling them to my friends. but they were so cheap i just wind up giving them away ... beerchug ... and get smiles instead of bucks and dollars.
EDITED_BY: KristieEB (1070915055)

FyreFlyemember
26 posts

Posted:
I don't know if y'all know this allready...
If when you are done with your lightsticks for a while, keep 'em in the freezer. The cold slows down the reaction. You can make a set of sticks keep going a looong time!

Yesterday I thought I could not.
Today I am certain I can.

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Or before a performance, put 'em in a bucket of really really hot water, they'll glow ~25% brigher biggrin

Big AndyBRONZE Member
186 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Originally posted by Charles

Oh..hang on...you are talking 50c US huh? That makes a considerable difference (oops).

also, if you are broke, I would seriously consider the glowsticks Malcolm sells here, soley based on the fact they are electronic and have on/off switches! If you only use it for an hour or two each night, they could last you 3-4 nights each...

The batteries are also replaceable, but as far as I know, the replacements are dearer than you get the sticks themselves for over the site...

Something to consider anyway... smile

Yeah, sorry, I should have specified 50c american, lol. my faultspank I probably will get some of electronic sticks malcom sells, but I also need to go ahead and get some traditional glow sticks as well.

And Kristie, my friends go to walmart and buy all the glowsticks off the shelves for 1.50 to 2 bucks a pop! I can sell them these sticks for 1 dollar a piece or 2 for 1.50 and they'll be ecstatic! Won't make much money, but ya know, it will help offset the cost!

"Welcome to the U-S-A,

Blue light hunterGOLD Member
stranger
22 posts

Posted:
I would also suggest the ones sold here. I ordered four and one came throu broken but i was sent a replacment! Am dead impressed. When i get round to arranging them, the first pics i will put on here are done with the blue glow sticks ubbrollsmile

There are three rules about the monkey in the cage. The first is “we do not speak about the monkey in the cage”. The second is “we do not speak about the monkey in the cage!!!”
The third is not to feed him after midnight or ever get him wet......

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
How are the glowstick pictures, Blue Light Hunter?

Are they on the site yet?

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
i tried to buy some of the hop glow stick things, but my card didnt work! frown so i am changing the type with the bank!!

he he

then i am buying them alll!! hehehe

passing through, this world still lives.