Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Ok; this might sound REALLY far out to some people, but on the contrary, might be quite familiar to some..Out of the top ten wierdest experiences I've EVER had, the one I had at Headcharge (Sheffield - UK) on Friday 25th, has to be in the top five..I have a goatie and pretty thick eyebrows to match. Nothing out of the ordinary. I decided to have a little fun with some bright yellow UV latex paint; painting only the goatie and the eyebrows. I put tons on to get a nice thick even spread; made them go really bushy. If you can imagine pictures of an Aborigine in Aus with a big bushy beard and bushy eyebrows and dark skin, thats kinda how it looked. I have a near shaved head as well so the beard and eyebrows stood out a mile ! When I looked in the mirror for the first time under UV light I almost freaked out !! I genuinely didnt even recognise myself !!!! shockedThat was WIERD !! But what followed was even stranger..
Non-Https Image Link
To put you in the picture; I know, and am know by the vast majority of the crowd that go to the Arches nightclub in Sheffield. I worked there for nearly two years; up until about 8-9 months ago when I quit, but still go every other week. ... nuff said..NO ONE... and I mean NO ONE who didnt see me walk in recognised me !!! There were people Ive known for three years +.. big hugs and handshakes every time I see them type people, that didnt have a CLUE who I was !! It blew so many fuses it was unreal! All the blank looks .. as if to say "who the.." . Then I delibarately went up to all familiar faces with the customary.. "Hi, how'ya doin..!!" etc etc.. People were like.. "Uhh.. yeah.. hiya... [squint..tick tick tick] ... .. FUUUUGINNELL ITS YOU" !!!! WHHOOOAAAA !!!!!I have to confess it was SOOOOO much fun and once I realised nobody had a clue who I was, I played on it BIG TIME !!! grin (I think one of the things that threw people as well, was the fact Ive only had the goatie for about a week and a half)Has anyone else out there in the ether experienced anything similar..?? I know there are a lot of performers who wear costumes and stuff.. [Pele ???] smile smile smileps: and oh yeah.. I had one of THE best nights spinning EVER to top it all off !!! Thanks to Mr.Derry.. he the man !! wink------------------Kato[This message has been edited by Mushinkato (edited 27 January 2002).][This message has been edited by Mushinkato (edited 29 January 2002).]

Kato

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
I really can wait to get my uv body paint!ive had some previous fun with uv bubbles etcbut i saw this one girl who had this tribal thing done all over her body it was bizzareit looked so cool i saw the girl in the light and some guy made a comment like holy that chick isnt as thin as i thought! (ok i cleaned the phrase up alot casue it made me mad) but the paint did have this bizzare slimming/supermodeling effect on her.it was really cool.it alien technology i swear

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Kato, you make me smile. I get that all the time actually...and from two shows I do more than any other. One is the Christmas one I finished last month. I wear this big, baggy, dirty costume. I put char all over my face and tooth black on my teeth. My character has a strong Cockney dialect, hair in braids under a big floppy pink hat (mind you, the show is set in 1842). No one recognises me at all. It is an absolute trip to watch people stare and look very confusedly for a spell, some never figure it out.The other is my Ren Character. No make up involved, just costume and attitude, and a Scottish dialect. I went to a coffee shop once after a show closed to meet with a friend of mine who was the director. This couple walked in stared at me for a good ten minutes before the girl exclaimed."Oh my god, you're Lily from faire!" When I answered her that yes, I played the character Lily, she was even more surprised I had no dialect. Like I said, all the time for me, but that is part of the point. I know I am doing my job as an actor well if someone has to really stop and think whether or not it is me. And it isn't always about make-up. SOmetimes the littlest change in appearance can bring out a change in posture and attitude that changes your, for lack of a better word, aura. Even that can make a world of difference!Have fun and nice topic Mushinkato!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
This is defintely one of the fun parts about being a performer who has different characters.I play on it a lot, especially the little kids who are locals or hang out where i do a lot do different gigs.I've convinced a good number of them that Sparkles is the "good twin", who hasd all the money and INFERNO is the "bad twin" who is always broke and keeps hitting up Sparkles for cash and to borrow his unicyle.It's starting to actually have a life of it's own, I've heard a few kids on the street (when i'm in civvies) explaining about hpow there are two twins and th eother is a bad one.With a little luck, they might even realise that good people get th emoney and the girls, so it doesn't pay to be bad...Anyway blah blah blah...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
Yes, Kato, you are an Alien. winkI certainly didn't recognise you until I saw that split time ttn weave business (or whatever you call it) - very nice. Give us a call if you fance a spin some time soon - I've just got a new phone but it will be the same number when it goes through in a couple of days.seeya,Jo.ps. my friends were asking me if you were my poi teacher!

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Funny you should say that matey.. there were a couple others who only recognised me by the spinning. I have to say, and not wishing to steer the subject of the thread too much, but out of all the people I have come to know that spin, I can spot them a mile off by the way they move. (Especially you Jo wink )ps: (Jo) Forgive me for taking that as THE best compliment Ive ever had.. grin------------------Kato

Kato

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
You are crazy in the coconut! I thought you looked like a manic UV Father Christmas! hehehe. Did you see Steve the latex lizard too?

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Thats 'Cyber Santa' to you mon petit chouffleur.. winkps: YEAH MAN!!! He must have had a hell of a job getting all that off !! (Just imagine the colour of his bathwater !!) Eeeuugghh !!------------------Kato[This message has been edited by Mushinkato (edited 29 January 2002).]

Kato