Forums > Social Chat > Performance and website

Login/Join to Participate

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
For eveyone elseWe have a website!! Wahoo!!! It is not completely finished, pictures and the rest should be up in a couple of weeks, but check it out and send me your feedback. The url is...www.ignisdevoco.comI hear the word so far is that it shows up crappy on netscape, but on explorer it is just fine.I would appreciate your thoughts on it (constructively, no flameing).For the Seattleites, We are performing at Fuseball tonite. Fuseball is a Masquerade benefitting consolidates works, the chicken soup brigade, and the nw aids foundation. It starts at 9pm at consolidated works more info below,Donia LoveDirector of Creation, Creator of DirectionIgnis Devoco Industrial Fire Circus"Where there is sorrow, I seek the flame."RumiFuseBall A night of explosive joy in the depths of winter -- a sexy, sultry, surreal masquerade benefit for Fuse Foundation, Consolidated Works, and Northwest AIDS Foundation/Chicken Soup Brigade. Saturday, February 3rd, 2001, from 9:00 p.m. until dawn. OUTRAGEOUS ATTIRE EXPECTED https://www.fusefoundation.org/fuseball IQU LA MOVIDA SELECTOR DUB NARCOTIC OTA PROTA DJ MASA FCS North Bill Horist sub_sonic Plastiq Phantom *Polar Crystal Radio Intoning Silence Intonarumori DJ Free DJ jjustice DJ Tim Two stages and a DJ'd lounge... Tropical concoctions, wine and beer... Artistic creations by Pie the Clown Shooting Gallery, P.A.N., glassbones ensemble, Susan Robb, Cathy McClure, Ned Beebe, Anna Lange, Thermogenesis, Animated fusion, Ignis Devoco and Others.... stilt walkers! fire artists! drag queens! scavenger hunt! art installations! pinatas! -- EXPECT THE IMPROBABLE! Tickets are LIMITED: $30 advance; $35 at the door, if available... we strongly recommend purchasing your tickets in advance. Order by phone: FuseBall Hotline (206) 654-4452 Or purchase online at TicketWeb: https://www.ticketweb.com/user/?region=wa&query=schedule&attract=46079 The Fuse Foundation awards life-changing grants to extraordinarily talented emerging cultural innovators and artists from all disciplines. More at our website: https://www.fusefoundation.org questions? Email: fuseball@fusefoundation.org volunteers sought. Email: fuseball@fusefoundation.org (please feel free to forward this email to other friends who enjoy this sort of thing) FuseBall honorary co-hosts are Dan Savage and Judy Nicastro. FuseBall is being sponsored by RedHook, the Stranger, I-Spy, Talking Rain, Habitude, Cafe Flora, and a host of other great local businesses and individuals, and is being produced in conjunction with SIL2K.

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hey Donia...i think the web-site was a great idea (mmm i can't wait to see the photos smile ) - you are right however about Netscape; i use Netscape 4.72 and for some peculiar reason i can't see anything written in the 'Home' section - in the 'About' section i can see most of the writting, but in the wrong position - the blue background (at the sides) is not where it was supposed to be either so you might want to have another look at that...oh and the fonts look different on Netscape... on my Internet Explorer the site looks the way it was meant to be i think, everything is in place; IMHO the fonts in the 'About' section are a bit on the small side and difficult to read - maybe it will be better to use other fonts if you want to keep the font size the same; maybe it's just me though - just thought i'd say what i think smile - good luck with the website, i am sure it's gonna be a great one when finished and as i've said before i can't wait to have a look at those pics winkhappy swinging,Simos

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Donia, Did you use FrontPage extensions for this site? I've heard that as part of their competition, Microsoft has created their server-side extensions so they don't work in a Netscape browser. All,If you want your site to be available to search engines, don't use frames when creating them. Most search engines are not able to crawl framed documents, because they're actually two documents in one. Diana

Ignis Devocomember
67 posts

Posted:
Thank you guys sooo much for the feed back. I will use this to keep making the website bigger and better! I really appreciateit!Donia"Where there is sorrow , I seek the flame."Rumi

Ignis Devocomember
67 posts

Posted:
P.s. Hey Diana,We didn't use frontpage. It was all coded by hand by my husband who used homesite. We are still chuggin away at it, to work out the kinks and will keep redoing it until it looks good in both netscape and explorer.Donia