Page:
DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I was replying to another thread and one of my pet hates came up (lip balms). Just wondered if anyone else had any wierd pet hates / compulsive things they do?

Mine are:-
Twisted coil phone cord.
I have, and mean HAVE to untwist any phone cord that gets all twisted around itself. Not sure why.

Lip balm:-
Too addictive and horrible to kiss

[ 14. December 2002, 02:24: Message edited by: Durbs ]

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
My pet hates corn chips, but loves potato chips.

[ 12. December 2002, 11:15: Message edited by: Rozi ]

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Like Pele I'd have to agree with traffic queue jumpers who stay in the closing lane just long enough to overtake twenty people and piss off several hundred more. The only problem is when you miss the sign or are in the wrong lane and you end up doing the same thing by accident and then have to get in the right lane...

People who say "It's none of my business but..." - Well f~~k off then!

Popstars/Pop Idol/Fame Academy: I went to music college and 90% of the people there could wipe the floor with these retards who win, but don't get deals because they didn't go on some poncey show. (Although a friend did get to the final 16 of PopStars)

People who don't say when you've pissed them off until completely the wrong moment several weeks down the line, often in crowded noisy clubs when your so drunk you think the curtains are looking at you funny...

People (well ok, my lovely girlfriend but I'm sure there are others) who won't tell you what's upset them and say "It's nothing" - Of course it bloody is, that's why you're upset.

My I am tense today. Need a spodlet.

Can I also say, on a side-note, that I'm very pleased with the increased use of the word "wanker" by all you Americans - Keep it up, it's a joyous, beautiful word and it's nice to see you're still learning from us Brits

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
umm I know its off topic and Im really sorry but I HAVE to ask... Could you please educate a little Kiwi as to what a SPODLET is?? my mind is reeling at the possiblilties...
(a baby potatoe pronounced with a brit accent?)

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm:
Pet hate = Finding 7 tea bags floating in my cup of tea. Do I really need it that strong ?
i think malcolm spends too much time at his desk, and the blindness caused by the screen made him forget about removing the other teabags,
either that or the cat had soming to do with it? [erm have u been giving 7 mashing lessons malcolm?] spit of milk, one sugar

Sweet Pixiemember
24 posts

Posted:

I would have to say that my pet hates are as follows

- Computers that don't work
- Junk mail (in the letter box and my e-amil inbox!!)
- People who don't understand the concept of personal hygeine and insist on sitting next to me on the train!!!
- The stickers on apples (once you have peeled them of, you can't even be bothered eating the god damn apple)
- And last but not least...... my flat mate's socks lying all over the living room floor

Well, that's my two cents worth for the moment....
Ta ta

Sweet Pixie

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched...they must be felt with the heart...

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
anyone who wakes me up for no good reason.

If they wake me up to tell me that i've one the lottery or a parcel i've been waiting for has just been delivered then thats fine, but if they're just being inconsiderate then that's when I lie awake thinking about moving out....... One of my housemates has an alarm clock which in her room, with the door closed, is louder than my alarm clock that's 10 inches from my head. It takes over a minute to stop by itself, and will repeat 4 times unless you turn it off. She also leaves it set for 7am on the weekends when she's gone out. I swear its going out the window if it goes off again.

Jimbamember
131 posts

Posted:
I reakon that being left on hold on the phone for more than a couple of minutes is a real teeth grinder.

I heartily agree with all the gripes regarding drivers and traffic. I am not yet on my full licence and I hate it when someone passes me on the road, dangerously (I gotta hit the brakes so they can get back in the right lane and not be in a front on collision) when I'm doing the speed limit, and when they are in front of me they slow down to under the speed limit and sit there, because they don't want to be 'stuck' behind a p-plater - Ooooh and I hate when 14 year old boys drive around town on a Friday night with the music blaring, stop where you are walking and practice their pick up lines and call you a b#tch for not running home to bed with them!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
claiming houseing benefits or benefits of any kind.
u'd think working since u left school u'd expect soming back right. wrong they keep u in suspence for 3 months then kick u in the teeth.

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
okay.. just HAD to add this in cos it REALLLLLY urks me. Unless said to me when I am already in a good mood. (which obviously doesn't happen.)

Someone tapping me..and then saying "Hey, SMILE!" .. (when I'm feeling a little blue) I HATE that. I mean.. if I felt like friggin smiling I WOULD be. I'm not going to smile just to please some dumb f#%@ who can't stand seeing someone not smiling.

And here's the thing.. I am seriously normally a fairly smiley kinda person. I mean.. not a lot urks me to pieces. I'm usually in a pretty good mood by default. grrrrrrrrrrrr

Yup someone said it to me very recently. Someone who's actually staying over, and who likes to (a) tell me how to drive (cos he's a little older than me...big deal) (I hate that too).. (b) have 100% control of EVERY conversation ALL of the time... (c) be RIGHT all the time.. (d) interrupt ppls... (e) invite themselves along to things.

Okay all of the above gets to me bar ppl who invite themselves along to things cos I love other ppl joining in to stuff..lots of beautiful energies joining together is fantastic.. its just when they're blatant and rude about it...

*HUGE* sigh!

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
having to be reminded to love on more channels

with all of mine,

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
*bump*

I think I'll add:

People who use 'lol' instead of a fullstop.

In fact, Bad use of punctuation...

Also bad spelling (when there's no excuse for it). Especially those in Higher Education. How did you get into University if you can't even spell?

People Who can't speak their own language, let alone chew on it and spit it out... This letter: 'T' isn't silent!

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Eww kato eats his frosties with custard eek

Chicken - sorry it's a bit late, but a spodlet is a baby spod biggrin

Or else it is something Durbin made up. Either way i think it would be icky and you wouldn't want to step on one...

Meh

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
bad wigs. ubbloco

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
people quoting vast swathes of people's posts when they only need to quote the specific bit they are referring too!

Meh

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Written by: Cantus

people quoting vast swathes of people's posts when they only need to quote the specific bit they are referring too!

ditto

wink

jublianGOLD Member
x
108 posts

Posted:
People who idolise pop musicians for their amazing skill and will refuse to acknolege that there are more skilled people in the univers. This particularly applies to Mark Hoppus, granted he has inspired many people to play bass but he is in no way more skilled than some one who has been playing for 1 or 2 months.

This applies to Travis Barker also, granted he is an above average drummer, he is still no where near as skilled the majority of Jazz/ Metal/ Folk drummers out there.

Same applies to Joey Jordison and that whole mess they call a band Slipknot. He is an OK drummer but this is only compared to the people that idolise him. He has been playing for 20 (i think). HONESTLY who wouldn't be good after that long and for some one who has been playing that long he is quite sloppy.

phew.... meditate

"Quote coming soon..."

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
People who go to a concert as to a social meeting place, sitting in first row, or standing in the crowd just to enjoy a loud conversation and their petty jokes.... umm
We had the one and only Prem Joshua live open air concert in India last night at the ridiculous price of a western pack of cigarettes and I really wanted to enjoy it in silence... mad2

Also people suffering from "verbal diarrhea", unable to shut up for even 5 minutes (to listen to others)... *grrrrrrrrrrr*

hug

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
Written by: Leaning_Towards_Corruption

People who use 'lol' instead of a fullstop.

clap clap clap

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Pet hates hmmmm....

Oh dear I hate people who drive below the speed limit in the damn fast lane, I hate tailgaters (people who sit no your arse when you are in the car).

I hate the rudeness and impatience of some people like the other day this prick ('scuse my language) was behind me and another lady in the queue (of only two people) to go through the train station gates and the lady in front was having problems instead of being patient or offering her help he pushed me out of the way then went through in front of her...I mean how rude (and I told him that too).

I also hate any strange bodily noises that people make...explanation: people chewing like cows and you hear the lips smacking together and the awful chewing noises....and also that horrible hocking sound just before doing another revolting habit of spitting...

Also people who can't chew with their mouth shut, manners people.....

I have come to realise there are not a lot of people who use their manners anymore, a simple please, thank you or excuse me can go a long way, I wonder what happened to those words in most people's vocabulary!

I also hate feeling like I am invisible or invaluable, people pushing me out of the way like I don't matter which constantly happens when just walking down the street.

Zauberdachsenthusiast
220 posts

Posted:
My pet hates (haha, I'm British) right now include:

1. People who pull up and stress about minor and pointless details, the kind of details which (a) cannot be sorted or even thought about properly out until x, y and z really important details have been done anyway or (b) do not exist in realty, i.e. "but what happens if..." details.
2. People who try and have a long indepth talk to you about something when you are obviously in the middle of something else that is more important and has a deadline ending in a hour or so. Their attitude: "But I have time right now, why don't you?" Your attitude: *slap*
3. Along the same lines as the above; people who having had their quota of 8hours sleep feel the need to wake you up after you've only had a few hours and act really upset that you don't want to listen to whatever s**t they want to tell you.

The insults of your enemy are a tribute to your bravery wink

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Anyone who leaves doors open! mad2 spank

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
People who don't realise their mobile is ringing, often in public places, only to finally realise after it rings back for the fourth time, crap ringtone ensuing.

'Pretend' coffees- lattes, mochas etc. Its coffee.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
People who repeat the same point in 10 slightly different ways: I got it the first time, thank you!

People who just walk into you without saying 'sorry'

People who talk endlessly in a pretentious fashion on a subject about which they know nothing, and refuse to acknowledge any further comments as they 'know it all'

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Tabloid Newspapers.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Twiggymember
162 posts

Posted:
The way when you click to open a thread it shoots you down to the last comment and you have to scroll back up to see what it was all about in the first place. You can probably change that somewhere but i havent found it.

Getting drunk because its 'cool'

DrBooBRONZE Member
I invented the decaffinated coffee table.
453 posts

Posted:
Written by: Medusa

I also hate any strange bodily noises that people make...explanation: people chewing like cows and you hear the lips smacking together and the awful chewing noises....

I totally agree with this one. I hate hearing people eat. It really grates on me.
I also can't stand people snoring, or making odd noises in their sleep. Or even breathing too loudly.....
A common conversation in my bed:
"Oi! Stop snoring!" *kick*
"But I'm awake!"
"Then breathe quieter!"

My poor fiance! He puts up with so much!
Note to self: Must work on my bedroom talk. wink

Boo x

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

If it costs "a penny for your thoughts", but people give you their "two-pence worth", who is getting the extra penny?

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
People who leave their lights on all day, and their computer, or TV, or radio, or anything electrical on all day, WASTING ELECTRICITY, CONTRIBUTING TO CO2 EMISSIONS.

Especially people who argue that "we don't pay for bills, we can leave it on if we like"... so because you don't pay, you can just waste it, and use it when it's not needed?

Willy - is bad for your health...

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
people moaning about trivial things..................it's like they moan for the sake of it. either that or they love the sound of their own voice

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Not getting my own way wink

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
Written by: Valura

* EATING/DRINKING NOISES... the whole crunch,crunch and the slurp,smacking of lips and guzzling of drinks..MY GOD!!! If we were meant to eat like pigs we would have been born as pigs!!!

ditto
someone was so obnoxious i reached out and grabbed them by the throat (i knew him) and told him never do that again mad
my mother chews her ice cream and scraps her teeth on the spoon
people who smack their gum, i had a teacher who compared them to sheep chewing cud only louder
people who talk really loud on the cells on the bus (especially the late night buses) usually about the party last night or who they slept with, stuff i dont care to know-or even better "omygah-no way-nooooo-what a slut-no way-i cant believe it-noooo"---SAY SOMETHING INTELLIGENT censored censored censored

ok i feel better

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

Page: