Page:
DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I was replying to another thread and one of my pet hates came up (lip balms). Just wondered if anyone else had any wierd pet hates / compulsive things they do?

Mine are:-
Twisted coil phone cord.
I have, and mean HAVE to untwist any phone cord that gets all twisted around itself. Not sure why.

Lip balm:-
Too addictive and horrible to kiss

[ 14. December 2002, 02:24: Message edited by: Durbs ]

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

BozBRONZE Member
sober
109 posts

Posted:
actually, speaking of ipods....

headphones that REFUSE to stay in my ears but still cost AT LEAST £8

the best set i've found so far was the cheapest pair of hmv own brand ones for 4 quid

*produces sandwich- is happy*

flickyBRONZE Member
70 posts

Posted:
someoen cmae up to me and told thast poi was just the fashion just now... i hate it when ppl do that

BozBRONZE Member
sober
109 posts

Posted:
yep, unfortunately that's how it is, yesterday i went into one of the cool shops in town, saw some poi. They didn't have 'em or even know what i was after when i went in 18 months ago!

ahh well, don't worry, trendy ppl haven't the patience for poi, but if i keep talking i will end up in some sort of philosphical conundrum about people who are just spinenrs waiting to happen, eek!

pet hate of the moment:

when you go for a pooh, and half way though wiping when you're all 'ah, finished' a little bit more pooh comes along. ARRRRRGH and then you have to wipe all over again! frown
EDITED_BY: Boz (1143797575)

ThumperabbitBRONZE Member
Zebberdy and Jack Daniels
278 posts

Posted:
Erm, Thanks for that lovely piece of information, i'm sure we can all reflect on that experience biggrin

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

BozBRONZE Member
sober
109 posts

Posted:
aw, come on, you know everyone else was thinking it! wink

278 posts

Posted:
Well now they are!

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Speaking of iPods I detest the people (mainly kids) walking or standing around with the iPod in hand - not actually changing the song but just holding it in their hand to show off.

They're just asking to be mugged...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

BozBRONZE Member
sober
109 posts

Posted:
social darwinism? ubblol

278 posts

Posted:
Same goes to mobiles. Also I laugh at sport's car owners. Most sport car owners enjoy the thrill of driving fast, but then you get the egotistic ones that drive at 20MPH while revving the engine.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
I hate it when you're out walking your mutt and its got the squits, even with a poo-bag, you cant pick it up as it's all watery. and every few yards the doggy stops, sqats, and squits. Watery.
And people just stare at you and mutter what a horrible dog owner you are. frown

BTW-this happened yesterday as i was rescuing a poor dog and taking it to the vets, update-its owners were found this morning biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
aw Jo thats icky...

I hate when a kid suddenly gets the squirts in a pool

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
i find it more ironic than annoying....but that london bus shelters have a big poster saying not to get your phone out at the bus stop cause you wil get mugged, and then on the little diplay thing say

'for latest travel updates, visit wap.tlf.......etc. on your mobile phone'

duh.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Managers or Supervisors who ask you 'Would you mind doing this for us please?' in a manner that suggests that you even have a choice of saying 'no' without consequences.

What really gets me is when they apologise for giving me a job to do as if I am unwilling or previously incapable of doing the job they are paying me for.

I know they're only being polite but there are times when I wish they would just cut to the s**t and just say 'do that please!'

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Back handed compliments get me...just don't say it...please.....

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

BozBRONZE Member
sober
109 posts

Posted:
I just got very angry at the amount of raisins in fruit n' fibre type cereal, if i wanted to eat raisins i'd buy bloody raisins, there's supposed to be more to the world of fruit than that!
ahhhhhhhh

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I dont have Pet hates, I have OCDs biggrin

Oh, and Valura, are you still walking around without shoes on? umm

wonderloeyenthusiast
255 posts

Posted:
People that look at me as if I have some kind of particularly stinky STD if I say something silly.. I enjoy saying silly things.. Its not a reflection on my intelligence, just on my favourite brand of humour...

"You've gone from Loey the Wonder Lesbian to everyone wondering if you are a lesbian." - Shadowman

Yesterday is yesterday. If we try to recapture it, we will only lose tomorrow.

MojojoGOLD Member
wandering dingo
167 posts

Posted:
At traffic lights - people who stand there and push the button for the pedestrian crossing repeatedly. Drives me mad!!

Poor spelling and punctuation. If you want us to read your post, at least make it intelligible. It doesn't HAVE to be perfect, but at least recognisable as English.

The driving equivalent of not using punctuation - not using indicators.

When people throw cigarette butts out the window while driving. Or dropping cigarette butts on the ground at anytime for that matter.
EDITED_BY: Mojojo (1146193537)

Only three things are certain: Death, Taxes, and that England will not win back the Ashes in this lifetime.

TabtI Doubt, Therefore I Might Be
1,007 posts

Posted:
my major hate has to do with the bath.

if im enjoying a nice relaxing soak, its all lurvely doverly untill someone comes into the bathroom and does a crap in the next cubicle!

ruins the mood totally and it don't half smell!

EUCHHHHH! mad

you'd think that if they noticed there was somebody in the bath that they would use a different bathroom!

Owner of Dragosani's right side.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
i really hate it when you're first in the line for the bus queue, but when the bus pulls up, all these old grannies push you out the way and get in front and start snarling! its scary!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Buses

Enough said.,,,

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Dripping taps!

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: jo_rhymes

i really hate it when you're first in the line for the bus queue, but when the bus pulls up, all these old grannies push you out the way and get in front and start snarling! its scary!

it's amazing to see how fast thew can move sometimes ubblol

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
God forbid you try and hurry to work on a bus during 'OAP Rush Hour' (usually between 9-11am) when EVERY....SINGLE....STOP... is full of pensioners stumbling onto the bus!!!

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
bmw drivers! I'm sure there are some considerate and defensive 5-series drivers out there but a lot of them don't half make me swear.

I think it was mentioned near the beginning but people in busy shopping centres or high streets that stop dead in front of you for no apparent reason angry

another one that's already been mentioned, bad manners and rudeness. I was brought up with 'please and thankyou cost nothing and hurt no-one'.

Idiotic lawsuits brought against companies that have ended up in things like warning notices on bags of peanuts that say 'This product contains nuts'

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Australian slang wink

I don't know, there's a certain way that some people talk which really gets to me. Where did all these silly words/phrases come from anyway?!

(And yet I find myself using all the slang words and phrases just as often as the people that I'm getting so annoyed with)

Damnit! redface

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
oops, forgot one.

any kind of reality tv show like Big Brother, Shipwrecked, X Factor, I'm a Celebrity.. the list goes on.

mad angry mad angry censored angry mad

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

will_ukBRONZE Member
83 posts

Posted:
I hate it when elderly people get onto the tube and younger people don't offer them their seats.

I think its incredibly selfish.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
i hate it how i am too lazy to look after my hair, so i just get it all cut off and end up looking like a lezzer!! ubblol

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
I hate it how I am too lazy to look after my hair, so I just have crap hair

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

Page: