Page:
DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I was replying to another thread and one of my pet hates came up (lip balms). Just wondered if anyone else had any wierd pet hates / compulsive things they do?

Mine are:-
Twisted coil phone cord.
I have, and mean HAVE to untwist any phone cord that gets all twisted around itself. Not sure why.

Lip balm:-
Too addictive and horrible to kiss

[ 14. December 2002, 02:24: Message edited by: Durbs ]

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
On the escalater up from the tube to Charring Cross station yesterday some bugger decided to stop and tie his shoelace at the top! Biiig pile up of people at top of escalator..Silly man.

Pet hates? Rude people in crowds. Crowds in general. People in general..London in general?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Written by: Leaning_Towards_Corruption

I think I'll add:

People who use 'lol' instead of a fullstop.

In fact, Bad use of punctuation...

Also bad spelling (when there's no excuse for it). Especially those in Higher Education. How did you get into University if you can't even spell?

You must go crazy on this bb then. How do you stand it? wink
I didn't have to take a spelling test to get into uni, btw.

Have a couple more to add.

People who ask for your advice, even pay for it, and then when you give it to them they make up tonnes of excuses why they can not do it/listen to it. Don't waste my frickin' time if you don't really want to hear what I have to say PLEASE!

Being dismissed with a catch phrase such as "Fair enough." or "Okay." They aren't answers. They aren't even part of an intelligent discourse. At least acknowledge what you've just heard, if in fact you listened to it at all.

BIG ONE that has developed for me in the past 3 years, being watched over my shoulder. Whether I am on the comp, doing paperwork or sewing or whatever. If I'm not actively teaching, then don't linger. It feels like I am being spied on and I am not so intriguing as to be a the spy masters greatest hits thanks.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Blue players with counterspells.

Irritating illnesses that won't go away.

Blue players with Bribery.

Chavs.

Blue players that mill you.

Pop up ads, especially the ones that aren't blocked by anti-popup programs.

Blue players. Period.

ubbangel

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Pele

People who ask for your advice, even pay for it, and then when you give it to them they make up tonnes of excuses why they can not do it/listen to it. Don't waste my frickin' time if you don't really want to hear what I have to say PLEASE!

Being dismissed with a catch phrase such as "Fair enough." or "Okay." They aren't answers. They aren't even part of an intelligent discourse. At least acknowledge what you've just heard, if in fact you listened to it at all.

BIG ONE that has developed for me in the past 3 years, being watched over my shoulder. Whether I am on the comp, doing paperwork or sewing or whatever. If I'm not actively teaching, then don't linger. It feels like I am being spied on and I am not so intriguing as to be a the spy masters greatest hits thanks.

ditto to all three!

This is possible the most grumpy post i have ever made but I can't sleep and i've been lying awake thinking about stuff that has annoyed me recently so i thought I'd bump this thread and write it all down. Hopefully then i'll be able to get some censored sleep!

Hypochondriacs and people who say they have the flu when they have a cold.

People who dish out sarcasm and piss takes but as soon as someone takes the mick or makes a sarcastic comment about them they suddenly loose the ability to take a joke.

People who put themselves down continously so that people will disagree and say things to make them feel better - Fishing for compliments.

People who do good deeds for people but only to get recognition for it and then bringing it up at every possible oppourtunity so that others will think that they are good person. *I don't mean that these people shouldn't do good deeds, just that they should do them because they want to do good and not so that everyone will praise them for it*

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
flakiness. all of my other pet hates pale in comparison to my hatred for this!

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
People who make tea and dont clean up afterwards, leave tea bags on the counter top, spill sugar before they get it in there teacups, leave tea rings, then dont bother to put away the milk so it goes warm then sour! Worse of all are those people who leave the milk bottle caps on the counter too!

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
People who talk in theatres.

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
People who leave their cellphones on in theatres, and still answer the stupid phone loudly during the movie!

I threw popcorn at the last guy who did that...

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

BozBRONZE Member
sober
109 posts

Posted:
people who are proud of their ignorance (yeah, chavs, you know it)

when my housemate turns his radio on at midnight, smokes for an hour or two (non-smoking house) and then when i get up in the morning, the radio's still on and the house stinks of cancer.
and he gets stroppy if anyone says anything.
and lives off someone elses shopping because *I'm totally skint* yet mysteriously has money to buy cigarettes and take-outs.

when people take a book off the shelf in the library, and then leave it somewhere around the building, or put it back in the wrong place, lazy censoreds

freshers who talk about how drunk they were/are/are going to be, loudly, in the library, while i'm trying to write a dissertation.

when something makes me angry and i know i'm going to get wound up over it for weeks, and i just want to be chilled out confused

*produces sandwich- is happy*

jeff(fake)Scientist of Fortune
1,189 posts

Posted:
All of the above (I've never met the flatmate but it's p!ssing me off just reading about it)

and gastroenteritis.

Gastroenteritis sucks.

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ex boyfriend's new girlfriends randoming thinking you're gonna be friends with them when in fact they were sleeping with your (ex) boyfriend before you even broke up angry

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Juggling Jack FlashGOLD Member
Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
One thing that really grinds my gears is when people park on the sidewalk. As a vehicular challenged individual, I find myself walking a lot, and when I have to move off the path and onto the busy road to get around a car, I get a bit hacked off. Oh, and people who don't clean the sink.

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you land among the stars

fefiSILVER Member
10 posts

Posted:
i hate it when someone on the bus answers their phone (after 11 repeats of their annoying ringtone) and says "hi...Im on the bus" really loudly and then proceeds to have a loud and annoying conversation in your ear punctuating each sentence with "lol!"...... grrrrr

i also hate it when people breathe loudly especially behind me on buses. but my pet hate is when their nose whistles! its horrible. maes me want to punch them. i would even prefer a person sniffing to having a whistley nose frown

democracy- the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip
<3

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
Lol? People actually say that now?

Gods, it's worse than I thought...

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

ThumperabbitBRONZE Member
Zebberdy and Jack Daniels
278 posts

Posted:
I bloody hate those idiot chavs that suddenly run to the back of the bus, and start waving to their mates that are on their little mopeds behind the bus. AND THEN they start shouting stuff like "ANWSER YOUR MOBLY", yeah because their mates will be able to hear him...

Also I can't stand those little welsh idiots (seriously I don't mean to sound racist, but I got a reason for ranting about this, not indicating that ALL welsh people are idiots) but I hate it when they turn around to me and say "You're english, why don't you live in your own country?". They bitch about the English living in Wales, and yet English is the only language that they can speak.

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
hiccups....grrrr

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

BozBRONZE Member
sober
109 posts

Posted:
when my dinner won't all fit on one plate.
when my sandwich wont all fit in two bits of bread halfway through and i have to get more bread with one hand while supporting the sandwich with the other.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Boz

when my dinner won't all fit on one plate.

ubblol biggrin me too!!!

I really hate not being able to sleep because a) I can't turn my brain off or b) i'm too excited about something!! GRRRR!!!

Also when you got a lush cuppa tea and you're dunking choccie biccies in it, but you wait too long and half the biscuit falls in...it's too late!! you cant get it out coz you'll scald your fingers, and you get soggy mush tea. yuck.

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

ThumperabbitBRONZE Member
Zebberdy and Jack Daniels
278 posts

Posted:
Old Rude People. Again not saying all old people are rude, but recently i've been noticing this more and more, you step back for them, you hold doors open for them, you allow them to go before you in the supermarket checkout, they step on your feet, they catch the back of your legs with their wheelchairs and all you get is a look like "What do you want?". What is this? I am a polite person in most cases, especialy to strangers.

The only reason i'm scared of little kid's is because I know in ten year's time they'll be mugging me.....

BozBRONZE Member
sober
109 posts

Posted:
quiet houses that make lots of noises and scare the living sh*t out of me
*looks over shoulder...*

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
BOO!

ubblol

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
naughty sym, stop scaring Bozwell.
one of my pet hates... when my boyfriend puts on my clothes and looks better in them than i do!!! he's just too hot!!! angry mad2

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
and that anoys you!?

for some reason i hate when people get up way too early for their stop on the tube...like, calm down! you're not gonna miss it!

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
i really hate it when i miss my stop on the tube, so i get up extra early to make sure i catch it!!! :P

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Tao Star

and that anoys you!?

for some reason i hate when people get up way too early for their stop on the tube...like, calm down! you're not gonna miss it!

i don't hate that but it makes me think.................we all get there at the same time, why not sit down 'till the train stops and save some energy ubblol

BozBRONZE Member
sober
109 posts

Posted:
eek*AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH* eek *jumps out of skin, flies into a panic and beats sym to a pulp with his ipod*

?!

eek*returns to senses*

WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!???

new pet hate, the fact i cannot legally kill someone who just broke into my house and scared the living sh*t out of me wink

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
NOOOO! Not the iPod! You really know how to hurt a guy, don't cha?

BozBRONZE Member
sober
109 posts

Posted:
(it was my ipod.. first thing that came to hand. ubblol i have two knives and a scalpel on my desk and the first thing to hand for my own defence is the ipod ubblol)

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
I guess it's not true, but:

https://community.allhiphop.com/showthread.php?p=3855978&mode=linear

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
“It took him a while to die,” Dr. Klamut said. “She must have stabbed him 40 to 80 times with that iPod. His death was not instantaneous, that’s for sure”

I hope the ipod is ok.

Page: