Forums > Social Chat > All Hail...Praise of my newest toys

Login/Join to Participate

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I have been stuck inside, trapped by this incredibly slippery layer of ice under all the snow on the ground. I practice with comets inside, but I find their tails annoying because of how easily they tangle and rumple, and besides, they don't have that cool rushing noise, you know? And practicing with them all tied up is just not as fun.And staff. Now that the windows are closed all the time I can still smell the kero scent on the heads, through the multiple coverings on them. It gets discouraging. That is until today.First let me say...Malcolm is my god. I will adore and worship him forever more, not that I wasn't before, I just needed to say it again! You know I love you Malcolm!! winkFirst of all the Electroglo Staff. Really an ingenious design. I admit I thought it would be heavier than it is and making the transition from my three section fire staff (another tool I love) to this light weight thing was pretty funny, but I love a good challenge! The piping it is made from is very durable (as it sped to really strange speeds and then seemed to take flight from my fingertips only to crash into the carpet!). I ordered the green and found it was easily seen in the daylight, so I can not wait to try it out tonite in the dark! Someone had the opinion blue was the most vibrant color, and if this is so then it must be truly amazing. It is not overly long either, making it easy for transport. I also happen to be a technilogically challenged person and was able to very easily figure out off/on, battery change and such things. This is a great indoor/rave/non-fire tool! I can picture many hours of fun here (I have already played with it for an hour or more)! grinNext...I have a ton of comet poi. I use them in my shows when I bring people to the stage but, like I said, the tails tangle so easily and they really lack in the noise department. They also tend to be extremely light, which can sometimes go astray. So now I have these Buzz Poi. Now, let me tell you I had some horrible experiences with Zuni poi and am very leary of bean bag style poi, until now. These things are awesome! They are nicely weighted so that they lead very easily. I found they went, my arms followed and it was this nice smoothe flow. The design is ingenious. The bags come out and the nylon can be washed. Thank god! The tails can also be tucked inside the bag for when you don't want them, which is so great. It beats wrapping tails in rubber bands! AND, those tails! I adore them. Because it is one broad piece of fabric they make the best roaring type noise next to fire I have heard. When you go slow it is like when a flag snaps in the wind but when you whip them they roar, very nice!!!! The tail is also not so long that it is unmanageable, which I found was a problem with some other types I have tried. They are so soft that indoors is not an issue. They use the same swivel as most of the other bean bag type things which means you can attach a glowstick, or, now that I am thinking about it, if you have a particularly bright set of sticks, I bet you could even tuck them in the bag head. I really enjoyed using these today and feel a renewed sense of mission to my spinning now!The only thing I didn't like about the Buzz, which is easily replaced, are the handles. I am not a fan of double finger loop at all because I do tosses and releases and such and I find the double loops make it more difficult slipping in and out of this. But that is very easily replaced! This was a real find Malcolm, truly!Yet again, Malcolm and HoP come to rescue!Many kudos and boundless appreciation!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SurlochSILVER Member
64 posts

Posted:
Well, after reading this I couldn't stop myself lol. I have put in an order for a green glo staff. Can't wait for it to get here, now I can take twirling where no fire has ever gone before!

Ní mar a síltear a bítear

“Things may not be as they seem to be”

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Surloch,I garuntee you will enjoy it. We even did some Star Wars type playing. It was fun!And, btw in the night it is really phenominal. Darkness only makes it more gorgeous. It messed with my eyes more than fire does but it is well worth it!Enjoy Surloch!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
They look awesome as doubles too. I have a red one and a green one.

Meh

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
This is cool.. I was just about to post something saying that my new Buzz Poi are in the mail!! I really can't wait for them to get here now.. I'm glad to see that you have all good things to say about them. I have a pair of training poi (which are still the coolest things ever) and a pair of beaming poi. While I love my beaming poi too, I finally gave in and decided that they are more work than they are fun. I think that I will just use them when performing, but for when i'm just looking to have fun and swing around.. YAY FOR BUZZ POI!! smileMatt

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

SurlochSILVER Member
64 posts

Posted:
Argh Cantus smileI haven't even got one yet and here you go telling me I have to get two!Well, if I like this one, I have a feeling a blue one will be on it's way in another few weeks (have to budget for it first lol)

Ní mar a síltear a bítear

“Things may not be as they seem to be”