CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Well, actually a song by Natalie Merchant...but I love the words...Anyone care to offer a meaning?(Please excuse me if some of the words are wrong...)Thick as Thieves – Natalie MerchantRemember how it all beganThe apple and the fall of manThe price we pay, so the people sayDown the path of shame it lead usDared to bite the hand that fed usFairytale, the moral endWheel of fortune never turns againNever turns againThe worst of it has come and goneIn the chaos of millenniumIn the falling out, of the doomsday crowdTheir last retreat is moving slowThey burn their bridges as they go homeHeretics beautifyTeach the harlot's child to smileCracked again by indecisionShould we make that small incision?Testify, to the bleeding heart insideWe carved, we scratched, we ran, we slashedAnd when he opened up at lastFound a cul-de-sac, deep and blackOf smoke and ashDeep and Black, Smoke and AshThe wicked king apparently isKissing all his enemiesOn the seventh day, on the seventh weekThe tyrant's voice is softer nowBut just for one forgiving hourBefore the rise of HellIron fist againFist againI've come tonight; I've come to knowThe way we are, the way we'll goAnd to measure thisWith the wider kissI come to you in restless sleepWhere all your dreams turn bittersweetWhere, fool and all philosophiesTake low holy trinitiesThe crooked raft that leaves the shoreFerries drunken souls aboardPilgrims march to [Compestello]Visions of their saint in yellowFollow deep in tranceLost in a catatonic danceNo no future down the passBlind, born, ecstatic, safe at last

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I think you'll find that the pilgrims march to CompostelAAs in Santiago De Compostela (St James in the Field of Stars) - a holy town in Spain. Where St James raised a banner and rallied the people.Thought you might be interested grin------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Thanks Cantus! I'm in love with this song at the moment, so more understanding of it is great....and thanks for your email btw.Hope you're enjoying the lovely weather.(Well, being pessimistic never helped!) winkC[This message has been edited by Carrey (edited 24 January 2002).]