PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
So everyone seems to want to see bloopers, yet no one wants to be part of a video compiled of our not so greatest moments. I know we would all think the humiliation factor would be astounding, right? (I do)But, if we are all on it then it wouldn't be so bad, besides, get the video, wait a year and then watch it when it'll be funny, right?Malcolm says that he doesn't have permission from anyone to use the "blooper" footage. He also said that some of the stuff looked dangerous, which I agree isn't always funny.So what I am thinking is this...if, and this is a **huge** if at this point in time, I decide to send in a video for the next compilation, I will also include footage of my rehearsals, which must be pretty damn funny really. My rehearsals are unlit primarily, so the danger effect is mainly how I beat myself up for stupid mistakes.What do you think? Who would be interested in a completely unlit blooper video?No offense to anyone but I would rather see that than a COL3, simply because, while watching styles is very cool, sometimes I can only see the weave so many times. Part of the thrill of fire is being there, and video can take that away. But bloopers are just fun, laugh at yourself and with your friends in a completely safe way (unless you are using beaming poi!)And Malcolm, not to make more work for you...so if you want help, I am sure I can figure something out. I just think this is such a good idea. It is so easy to learn from watching other people. If you can see how they mess up then when you find yourself in the same situation it is easier to find a solution. This, I think will also help people to feel more at ease with thier own spinning, as so many feel inadequate. I also think it would help to keep ego's to a minimum in some cases.Anyway, I wanted to pull this away from the competition thread so that mode of thinking can stay on track.I am curious to see how you all feel about this though...Night!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
heh heh that would be funny. id be so in.. but i dont mess up.. *lmao* wink j/kbut really how many times can you watch people crotch themseves with beaming poi?heh heh heh. wait never mind let do it..now all i need is a video camerabeaming poi are great for learning with.although i find i dont use them often.. heh heh

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

cryogenicmember
34 posts

Posted:
i agree that a large part of the thrill of spinning is being there, but personally i'd prefer to see a COL3 than a blooper reel because i love watching other peoples styles... that being said, i'll contribute to a blooper reel, cause i know i make enough stupid mistakes.. smile------------------If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

getzaphixmember
8 posts

Posted:
I'd be willing to submit some of my blunders for video release, but only with the concession that there is cheesy circus music in the background and running commentary by Bob Saget.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Bloopers!?! Mistakes!?! I never make mistakes! I'm the best spinner in the world! I can spin faster than anyone else in the world, so there! I do not make mistakes, never! winkSeriously, I don't think spinning bloopers are going to be that 'hot' wink Although I agree you can only see the weave so many times, I reckon you can see people drop their staff or set themselves on fire a lot less before getting bored.So maybe if anyone does have something awful happen while being filmed it can be whacked onto the end of COL3?

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Oooh, I opened a can of worms grinI think a whole vid of bloopers would get kinda dull, that's why I suggested a tack on at the end of COL3.But I agree that some bloopers may be dangerous, and I wouldn't want to think of anyone making silly mistakes on purpose.I guess a good judge would be to watch a funniest home video show and see if you are still laughing after the 10 crotch whack in a row.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
You people never get tangled?Never do one too many spins and do a little disoriented?Never get stuck in ground work or a dance move?Never release before you should and find you or your tool in odd places (a tree...a bush..coming straight down on your head?)?Never have your strings/chains get wrapped around your hair? (I have seen this happen alot to people I have met and to myself)And the list goes on.......Truly I would pay to see someone set themselves alight with unlit tools (as per my original post) and if all the mistakes you all are making is crotch shots, then there are going to be alot less children in the world someday!!! tongueHmmmm, and my idea of a blooper real is not just one mistake out take after another. You have to have the build up...so you have the moments of good spinning and then ruh-roh raggy. I could watch that for about 30 min.I think the circus music idea is hilarious!I don't know, it just seems to me that everyone is so serious about getting moves right, getting that 11 beat bhb weave and getting lost in the flow that this would lighten the spinning side of things up a bit, especially since it has been mentioned for *every* video comp that has been announced.I think the reluctance is people not wanting to show they make mistakes!!! winkOh well, another idea bites the dust.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

JaedenGOLD Member
220 posts

Posted:
I don't think an entire blooper vid would be funny, but a segment at the end (perhaps mixed in with the credits - see Jackie Chan)could be humorus. Should I get a video togheter there will most defitely be some form of oopsie or alot of editing on my part.Perhaps we could have a pole on this?------------------'There is a fist pressing against anyone who thinks something compelling'

The world is not out to get you but if you fight it you will be eaten alive

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i never make mistakes either..I thought i did once, but i was wrong.I think they woul be funny. As long as the person wasnt seriously hurt, it should be ok.Like skateboarding and bmx bail videos. Those are the coolest.Just as long as you send in bloopers of yourself, and not some one else, i say go for it."S"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

HitokageSILVER Member
70 posts

Posted:
Hmmm...I know the funniest thing I do when practicing a new (or just difficult) move, is the faces I make. Hehe. A tape of my strange faces could at least keep you occupied for a minute. Then there's my "dancing" who knows why I even try...I think it's just habit. Still, I look quite silly. Personally, I think that a tape like this would be quite amusing. Just make sure that there are both screw ups and good moves. Start with a routine of good moves, that leads into the blooper. Just bloopers could be a bit much.Also...there could be a nice long section of crotch shots...one right after the other. Trust me...this is one of those things that will make you hurt in your sides while laughing. Especially if the person is a ham...and takes the shot well. The faces can be great...just as long as the person isn't hurt bad. Yeah. Just my 2 cents.------------------"Burning--the process of breaking things down into a simpler form." -Hitokage---FireStorm---(jimidawg@snet.net)

Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever -Mahatma Ghandi

Burning--the process of breaking things down into a simpler form. -Hitokage-

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
s#*t... I could make a 3 hour tape of my bloopers.... since christmas! some of my non-poi ones are funnier tho'... ...most of them end with me getting a whack in the pills too! grin

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
I would definitely be down with the bloopers, but like it was mentioned, a build up then= WHACK, ah, hahahahaha. You could have a contest: worst tangle, worst nut/face/boob/crotch shot. What about a wet t-shirt/underwear blooper section wink I'll sign up!

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
i agree with jaeden!bloopers at the end of the col3 vid would be great that way you arent watching and entire video of people getting crotched with beaiming poi..as funny as it is sometimes...

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Quite possibly the coolest idea on the board...EVER.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Spin Doctormember
34 posts

Posted:
I agree... Bloopers = good! grin

Imagine something witty or profound was here.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Bloopers would be a brilliant idea. Almost every video for "extreem" activities has a bloopers section. The Totally Bored snow boarding videos all have bloopers as does every skate and BMX video I've ever seen. I saw a motor cycle stunt video caled Las Vegas Extreem that even had a bloopers section, and there was some crazy shit in that one.I seriously doubt that mankind will ever tire of seeing their fellow man take one in the floppy bits, or tire of seeing things (people) catch on fire. There is an old saying that goes: "It's funny 'cuz it's not me"Perhaps whom ever compiles the video footage could shoot all the participants an email asking permission for use, or you could just make the use of the individual's likeness in a bloopers reel a condition of video submission. [This message has been edited by SickpuPpy (edited 23 January 2002).]

Jesus helps me trick people.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Pele, u are a genius (or we are all stupid).This is a great idea, that I strongly support, because it means even i might get on the COL things.Besides, if the Extreme Unicycling video has bloopers on the end, why can't COL???I do agree totally that a whole video would not be the way to go, and also, NO PRIZES FOR BLOOPERS.I really don't want people messing up on purpose to win things or gain notoriety. That's just not cool, and there are plenty of people I know who would do it.I vote for a bloopers vid at the end of COL3, official vote = 1 (cmon guys, vote away)PS you also have to vote with your wallet, and buy the video! possibly at a higher price because more editing work will have gone into it... (hee hee hee)------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Are y'all suggesting it should be called "Circles of Light - TO THE EXTREME!!"hee hee tongueLegally I think Malcolm has the rights to use whatever is submitted, unless the spinners explicitly say "Don't use this bit!"vote = 2 (?methinks wink )

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

cryogenicmember
34 posts

Posted:
vote = 3i've got a camera now, so i'll contribute as well..seems that most people want something on the end of the next COL vid.. i love the idea of the jackie chan style thing... smile------------------If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Malcolm, you mean where she kept messin gup lines and tried to trim the tree above her with the beamers? grin She was so cute, the way she kept giggling!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

Loleenamember
25 posts

Posted:
He he he, yeah a bloopers film would be kinda cool. I can see other peoples point tho about having it at the end of a vid.You ever watched a skateboarding video where they have loadsa trix then they play a few where they stak it? Maybe you should have it on that kinda basis. So u get a bit of both worlds. It would make the vid more interesting smile

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead, where there is no path an leave a trail