Aethermember

Posted:
Um, A friend of mine reccomended me this site to work on my glowstringing technique... There's alot of rad stuff here about flire twirling, but I don't see that much about glowstringing. Am I just, um, stupid, and missing it, or is that part yet to be constructed, or what...? And if there's no info here, does anyone know of other good sites for learning more qlowstix/glowstringing techniques?? Thanx alot...

Silly kids, trips are for rabbits!!

Aethermember

Posted:
I mean I know that fire-twirling and glowstringing are alot the same, but I'm looking for a site that's SPECIFICALLY about glowstringing... thanx

Silly kids, trips are for rabbits!!

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
Aether it's exactly the same - one of the raving sides i found on the web, had lessons on glowstringing; i thought i'd have a look and what did i find out? it was just linking me to the lessons on this side! a lot of people here swing glowsticks - once you get the moves you can adopt them to the music you wanna dance to...i suggest you stick around grin...happy swinging,Simos

HephGOLD Member
79 posts

Posted:
i think simos is right. the moves are pretty much identical. the main diff is just whats on the end of the string, you know? weight of glowsticks vs. poi causes you to adapt your speed and style, but otherwise i think they're the same.-heph

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
And of course, a fire-twirler using glowsticks can always just add weight to the chain with a practice wick, to maintain the same feel. Or use *a lot* of glowsticks to make up the difference {g}.------------------Adam Rice :: www.fire-gear.com

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
And of course, a fire-twirler using glowsticks can always just add weight to the chain with a practice wick, to maintain the same feel. Or use *a lot* of glowsticks to make up the difference {g}.------------------Adam Rice :: www.fire-gear.com

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

emptysetmember
98 posts

Posted:
i sugest also looking a thread intitled glowsticks further down the page------------------bring light into the night

Its all in good, clean, light producing fun.