Page:
MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
Last night I was practicing my moves for about 2 hours and i didnt really over exert myself to the point where im sore but at like 2:00 in the morning i had the biggest craving for chineese food.
Non-Https Image Link
I was just wondering when everyone builds up an appitite after spinning, what are your prefered foods/restraunts?
Non-Https Image Link
------------------"come with me to a land of fantasy, take my hand down into techno wonderland"parents say video games affect teens I dont think they do,if they did, take pac man for example, we'd all be running around darkend rooms munching magic pills listening to repetitive music. PLUR

Its not easy being green....

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
mmmmmmm mangoes.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I love spicy food. Indian, Thai, Mexican etc.And if I am really hungry after expending lots of energy, pasta grin

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
I'm with Bendy.... I like Indian, spicy stuff, not heaps hot though, I am a bit of a wooz when it comes to Chilli.I like pasta too, but only if you require heaps of energy soon.------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Starches are good but they do not work through you system as fast as you think they do. None the less I just ususally want to fill the void in my stomach with just about what ever I can get my hands on. Though a good plate of spaggetti sounds really good right now.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
One word:PizzaMmmmm grin

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

Moondancermember
10 posts

Posted:
Cold sausages and tomato sauce!!!! Yum Yum Yum... smile smile smile

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Perhaps you could try my recipe for... wait for it... Katos Spicy Rice Crispies !!!Yep.. not as crazy as it sounds. If youve ever made your own popcorn, its almost exactly the same in terms of method.You will need:1 A cooker 2 1 average size saucepan (Approx 7-8")3 A METAL seive (use plastic like I did the first time and see what happens.. [dont in other words]4 A wooden spoon5 Another saucepan to drain hot oil intoIngredients:Cooking oil (I like to use olive oil - with extra virgins)Plain dry rice (any kind will do)Spices of your choice (although the whole thing can be done with sugar)Method:Place about 1cm (just under 1/2 inch) of oil in the pan.Place the heat on high, put the pan on and let it heat up to the point where you can just about see faint whiffs of vapour rising. (You will also be able to smell it by this point)Put a couple of grains of rice in the hot oil to test.If they just sit there fizzing slightly, the oil aint hot enough.When you put a couple of grains in and they go 'FFFFSSSSHHHHWWWWWWSSSHHHHWWWLE'... the oil is ready.For an average breakfast bowl full, I suggest using about half a cup (perhaps a little less) of dry rice.Put the whole lot into the hot oil and stir viggorously with the wooden spoon. It should go 'FFFFSSSHHHWWLLEFFFSSSHHH... FFFSSHH.. and FFFFSSSSHHHHLLLOOOOOOOFFFSSHH' quite a bit with a full pan load.Most of the oil should dissappear, but keep stirring!The colour will go dark quite quickly, so as soon as you feel the crispies are all done (I estimate about 30 second TOPS), tip the whole bunch into a metal seive and drain the oil out into another pan.Shakyshaky shake shake the hot crispies until you feel you cant get any more oil off. They stay HOT HOT HOT for ages so dont be tempted to taste them straight away!!While they are still hot though, thats the best time I think to put your sugar or spice on.Shake them around a bit longer and put the desired quantity into a cold bowl.They should be ready to gobble within about 5 minutes.Conclusion:I love my spicy rice crispies. They make an ideal munchie snack for those after spinning chilldown sessions. Having them with sugar on in a bowl of ice cold milk (when theyre still warm from the pan) is GORGEOUS too.Incidentally, just thought of an alternative method of shaking exess oil off. No prizes for guessing how.. YUP.. SHAKE THE OIL OFF YOUR RICE CRISPIES IN A PAIR OF STOCKINGS BTB FORWARD 9 BEAT WEAVE OVER THE HEAD DOOHDAAH MOVE THINGY !!! smile------------------Kato

Kato

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Damn I'm feeling hungry reading about all this food. I think it's about time to launch an assault on the fridge...that lovely wirring sound....cannot resist.....must...mmmmmmmm

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Simply the best home made cake ever:Boiled Chocolate Cake250g butter3 cups sugar (a lot I know!)2 cups water4 tablespoons cocoa1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda4 eggs (beaten)3 cups self-raising flourPut the first 5 ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil slowly – keep an eye on it as it expands on reaching boiling point and can make quite a mess! Simmer 5 mins. Allow to cool.Put mixture into a bowl, add the 4 beaten eggs and the 3 cups of SR flour. Beat for a few minutes.Pour into a greased BAKING dish (large roasting pan), lined with greaseproof paper.Bake for approximately 40 minutes at 180°C (350°F).Turn on to a cake cooler covered with foil.Ice if you want.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Still-warm freshly baked bread is always my favourite.Even more so now it's always cold outside smile------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i am a pasta phanatic. I thought i luved italian food, but when i went to Italy on my Honeymoon...Sweet Jesus, that was the best food i had ever ate!!! Those litle maw & paw places off the beaten track we soooo good!"S"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Foolproof Pancakes, by Mrs RushThe Basic Mixture (multiply evenly for more pancakes):1 Egg8 Tablespoons Flour (Plain flour probably best here)4 Tablespoons Sugar (If you want sweet pancakes)Pinch salt1 Cup of milk (can be adjusted to suit your preferred consistency)For savoury pancakes, substitute a half-teaspoon of vinegar for the sugar.Mix the egg into half a cup of milk. Add slowly to the flour, stirring continuously. Use the “well in the middle” method for best results. Mix to a smooth mixture, with minimal beating to avoid an airy mixture. Folding the mixture works quite well.You can use butter or oil in a non-stick pan, but I prefer butter – better flavour.Go create your toppings, savoury or sweet. There’s nothing quite like cinnamon and syrup pancakes after a good spin…plus, to give your wrists a good snapping action while Poi-ing, make sure you flip the pancakes. Experiment with height and rotation speed – a liberating experience, guaranteed...Happy munching and flipping everyone… winkC

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Favorite place to eat: Jay's Oyster Bar in Old Portland, Maine. God I love it there.I am such a creature of mood it is really sad. I usually can only eat what I am in the mood for, and I have yet to find a type/style/food culture that I truly hate, though there are things out there that I wonder "why?" about (chilled monkey brains for example).Lately for me though, I have been in the mood for my homemade soups, quishes, salads and fruit(all fruit is wonderful!).I ***love*** to cook!Crabmeat Quiche1 9 inch pastry shell3 eggs-slightly beaten1 cup sour cream1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce3/4 tbspn salt1 cup freshly shredded cheese, (experiment with what you like, I like swiss and locatelli)1 cup flaked crabmeat or finely chopped1/4 fried onion strips, crunched uppreheat oven to 300 degrees F/ 140 degrees C/ gas 3.Place pie shell in standard 9in round pie dishCombine eggs, worcestershire sauce, sour cream and salt. Mix real well. Fold in cheese and crab meat and onions. Pour into pie shell. Bake 55 to 60 minutes until knife inserted into center comes out clean. Goes very well with a white wine and a romaine salad with balsamic vinagarette dressing. smile ------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Gruffmember
106 posts

Posted:
My absolute fave is what we in our house call "munchies" - Just mention the word and people come running from all corners!!!Take 1 or 2 slices of bread (I prefer wholemeal for this) and toast lightly.Spread with Mayo, then green pesto and top with grated cheese - the stronger the cheese the better!On top of this put some sliced sun dried tomatoes and sliced olives.Grind over it some black pepper and salt to taste.Place back under the grill for a bit to melt the cheese and warm the whole thing through!MMMMMMMMM! PERFICK!!!!Gruff wink

Gruffmember
106 posts

Posted:
Me again!!!Just remembered another one of my favourites!!!Its called "The Brian". (Dont ask!!)Take two slices of bread and spread with margerine/butter etc...Spread one slice with peanut butter (preferably crunchy)Spread the other with Marmite (yeast extract).Slice or grate cheeseSlice 1/2 an onion.Put it all together as a sandwich and enjoy!Absolutley gorgeous hot or cold!!Methinks im off for some now!!!Gruff wink

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Marmite on a nice big wedge of freshly made toast so the butter and marmite melt and mingle and ooze through the crispy toasted exterior into the hot bready centre. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm....... grin grin grinand a lovely cuppa steaming hot tea .....[This message has been edited by Ros (edited 22 January 2002).]

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Ros, Marmite truly is the food of the gods...However, try this one as well...Take some large buns, hamburger, long rolls or even a small uncut loaf...and steam it in a steamer for a short while (the bigger it is, the longer you steam it).Take it out and using a broad flat knife, squash the bun/s down into a flat piece of heavy,hot, steaming fresh bread, cover in butter (it will melt instantly!) and then slap on as much marmite as possible.This is my favourite "eats" of all time, a great way to finish of a four hour staff session...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
my favoite food in the world is chicken saytay with spicy penut sauce... with coconut rice.. YUM!!!! after spinning i eat anything that i can get my hands on.. perferably fatty and salty heh heh.. dont want to go wasting away into a super model or something.. wink pizza is good and lately ive been eating 3 square meakls a day of spicy chicken ichiban.. (no pun intended ((square??)) )

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

693 posts

Posted:
Wow, some of these recipes are great. Keep it up people, c'mon, your favourite food that you can cook and the recipe.I am gonna have to try that crab meat quiche. yummmmm.....------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
i never measure this, you might need more stock if you want it more liquid than porrige-like.Red Lentil soup:cup of red lentilsonion, choppedcarrots, chopped (however many)1 tomato, peeled, dicedcan of diced tomatos3? cups vegetable stocktsp cumin to tastesaute the onions in a little olive oil with the cumin til tender and set aside.bring stock to boil, with lentils and then carrots...add tomatos and onion when lentils are tender. simmer! serve with sour cream on top.good for camping food, you can use it for dip when its cold or put it in pita bread.Pere

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Wow, it's just like the old "What food do you crave after sex" conversation. Anyhoo, I usually get a massive craving for sweets after a hard work out. That or a really big bourbon and garlic marinated steak. Actually, the other day I had a massive craving for a cornish pasty, salt and vinager chips and a bottle of Lilt. So my friend and I wanderd down to a pub called Streets of London..... and they had none of that mad While pasties aren't exactly common in the US, and neither is Lilt, I really don't understand how you can claim to have anything close to a British pub and not have salt and vinager chips. When I asked for them the waitress looked at me like I'd completely lost it. I had my heart set on having some too. frown And thier beer was totaly over priced too.Gruff, is marmite anything like vegimite?------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

claremember
82 posts

Posted:
SpicyCajunPotatoNachoscut spuds into small cubes.chuck on cajun seasoningcheese on top. lots of.bake till cooked.or pasta and pesto. mmmmm....thats probably better actually.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Sick - Marmite is like the evil twin of Vegemite. It is the Loki to the true Aussie Thor, Mary-Kate to Full House's Ashley Olsen, Ralph to the Honeymooners Norton, the... well ok maybe not. It is sort of like Vegemite check this for a less biased opinion: Vegemite vs Marmite discussion

Qmember
42 posts

Posted:
Two things that are totally mad good:Cookie dough! Either by itself or in ice cream, its amazing!Fluffernutter! I just tried some of the stuff about a month ago, and it was sooooo good! I loved it! There was so much stuff left over too, my friends and I had it for the next 3 days!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
For those interested, carbohydrates (starches) actually produce the excess bit of energy about 12 to 24 hours after consumption, depending on your metabolism. If you have a big show, eating pasta with a light sauce and some veggies the night before will really kick you into gear!A great recipe for this is Pesto PennePesto sauce:About 1/3 c olive oilAbout 1/4 c finely chopped fresh large leaf basil(if you like) about 1/8 c finely chopped pine nuts.Blend well in processor or with whisk. An awesome idea for keeping this is to put it in an ice cube tray until it freezes. Then put the cubes in a freezer bag for storage. Simply thaw and toss with pasta for easy light meal.Pasta and VeggiesPenne pasta- cooked A nice variety of sliced fresh veggies (I like yellow squash, zucchini, broccoli florettes, red peppers and broken spinach leaves) Melt your pesto cube in a frying pan, toss the veggies in sauce until tender, dish over pasta for a wonderful and light meal. This will carry over and really give you an energy boost the next day! For a little extra boost try fruit salad before and after a spin. The natural sugars kick in pretty quickly and last longer than caffeine or processed sugars, and aren't heavy so they won't slow your body down quickly.For during a spin, if you hate water or the watered down effect ice has on your drink when working out, freeze juice or tea into ice cubes. It flavors the water, or keeps your beverage from being watered down and helps to gently maintain that energy boost!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
confusedI can not believe that that many people spent that much time spouting the merits of vegimite, Bendy.Not to offend any Aussies, but vegimite is the most vile thing that has ever been in my mouth. And the taste doen't go away for like six hours. So if marmite tastes anything like vegimite it is coming no where near my mouth. Seriously, some one needs to get you guys a jar of peanut butter, and quick winkOne of the greatest foods after a good spin or a good .... is a giant plat of lasagna.God damn! if anyone has ever invented a better pasta dish, I've never heard of it.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Pele, isn't pesto suppposed to have a crap load of garlic? I've never actually made it myself, but I seem to remember that eating it will distroy your breath.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I guess you prolly need to grow up with Vegemite to truly appreciate it, I can eat it straight from the jar, mmmm.Falafels are really nice. Was introduced to these just over a year ago, lotsa garlic in there! It may stink but garlic tastes good, and methinks it is high in antioxidants too.

693 posts

Posted:
mmmm straight from the jar vegemiteand Falafel'sguess it depends?Falafel house...or Falafel king on Rundle st. I have had that argument with a few people now....Same to me, but to others apparently not..------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Sickpuppy, I find that the garlic over rides the wonderful flavors and aroma's of the olive oil and basil. If you want it though, I recommend a clove of freshly roasted garlic (bake on baking sheet at 200 in oven for about 15 min)or a touch of garlic paste if you so desire.That was just my recipe for pesto. I've had it with other kinds of nuts too, which isn't for me as I am not a huge nut fan.(that sounded naughty didn't it? wink)MMMM falafels...with sour cream!Anyone else a hummus fan out there? Now that is a great protein food for those tired muscles and it is soooo easy to make. Just shove a bunch of rinsed, plump garbonzo beans in a food processor and smooth them out. You can add anything to it for diverse flavor...garlic, black olives, herbs...and it is so amazing with oven-warmed pita bread.(I have alot of gadgets in my kitchen! grin)I think I know what I am having for lunch tomorrow!!! smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

Page: