Page:
MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
Last night I was practicing my moves for about 2 hours and i didnt really over exert myself to the point where im sore but at like 2:00 in the morning i had the biggest craving for chineese food.
Non-Https Image Link
I was just wondering when everyone builds up an appitite after spinning, what are your prefered foods/restraunts?
Non-Https Image Link
------------------"come with me to a land of fantasy, take my hand down into techno wonderland"parents say video games affect teens I dont think they do,if they did, take pac man for example, we'd all be running around darkend rooms munching magic pills listening to repetitive music. PLUR

Its not easy being green....

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Well the Earthcore Falafel was my first and I fell in love.The next best is the Burger Bar on O'Connell St Nth Adelaide (admittedly it is the only other one I have tried!). They also have deep fried mars bars and snickers to wash the falafel down! grin

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Flambabemember
16 posts

Posted:
After spinning I am ravenously hungry. I will snack on whatever I have but I prefer red meat. There is just something about spinning fire and then eating rare steak that feel so primal.Remember...if god did not want us to eat cows, he would not have made them out of meat. He would have made them out of drywall or asbestos.

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
I love being an aussie, vegemite and falafels!!But after a big spin, I'm not at all hungry, but I do want about a litre of water to drink!

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
hey syneysiders....Is the salad guy still at Glebe market? he had THEBEST pasta salad/greek salad with orange vinagrette dressing.someone told me glebe market got gentrified though since i was there, so maybe he's not...Pere

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Isn't Pesto meant to have parmesan cheese in it? Gives it that tang to the taste.

cryogenicmember
34 posts

Posted:
I'm pretty sure nothing has changed foodwise at Glebe markets in the last few months.. Never bought anything there, but I smell the satay every week.. mmmm.... smile

If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Here's a recipe which might solve the peanut butter vs marmite vs vegemite debate. Cheese on toast with a personal touch:Get bread. Toast one sideGet cheese (preferably cheddar but any cheese that melts is good) Slice/grate cheese on to untoasted sideGrill till bubbly. Personal touch: cheese on toast works really well with peanut butter, marmite (and presumably vegemite too though I haven't tried it), lea & perrins, branston sandwich pickle or anything else that takes your fancy. Put it on top before or after you grill the cheese depending on if you like your topping hot or cold. Put tomato sauce under the cheese: instant pizza!Whohoo! Toasted cheese rocks! The possibilities are endless... grinSunbeamps. Pesto and toasted cheese is a fab combo too (see Pele's recipe and add parmesan if you like it, as Dom suggests)pps. Q, fluffernutter???? Please explain.ppps. Ros, I totally agree but please try it with toasted cheese. I promise you'll be converted. smile ------------------Life in the circus ain't easy but the folks on the outside don't know yeah well the tent goes up and the tent goes down and all that they see is the show and the ladies on the horses look so pretty and the lions are looking real mad and some of the clowns are happy and some of the clowns are sad. Welcome to the freakshow.. here we go (Freakshow by Ani di Franco)

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

Solmember
33 posts

Posted:
Toast with strawberry jam and grated cheeseGood for sharing too (noone else wants it so you can eat it yourself)

Sol

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
well I was last at Glebe Market in 1998, at which point they kicked me out of the country since I had finished my degree, end of student visa...sad, very sad. and, I used to be a TWS Koala too once...ooooh you know I have brought it up before when i posted my thai coconut stirfry recipe, America needs Sweet Chili Sauce. yes, as an omnipresent condiment, it has just not caught on. in fact you cant buy it anywhere which is annoying because I used to put it in everything...America would be a better and nicer place if we had sweet chili suace. that must be it, our overdependence on regular chili sauce. smilePere

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Basicly anything I find in the fridge that's leftovers or I bust out the Microwaveable Burritos. Wanna spend as much time on Homework and Poi as possible!!//edit Or I'm just lazy... but that's outa the point wink[This message has been edited by Kinudin (edited 24 January 2002).]

Dru Lee Parsecmember
78 posts

Posted:
Here in Southern California we've got "RUBIO'S" Home of the Fish Taco! Absolutly awesome. A few years ago a couple guys from Rubio's left to form their own company called "Fins". Fins has Shrimp burritoes and Fish tacos and they're awesome.Yummy.Yep, I gotta go get a few of those Fish tacos and go home to make some quad-damage margaritas (3 shots Cuervo Gold Tequilla and one shot of Tripple Sec over ice. If there's any room left in the glass fill it up with Margarita mix).

For a good Prime, call:29819592777931214269172453467810429868925511217482600306406141434158089

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
I seem to remember hearing of "seafood tacos" before, but I don't think I should discuss it here. winkAlmost everything is better with either margarine or american cheese on it! Or both! grinMunchie foods would have to include peanut butter melted over popcorn, and damn near *anything* from Waffle House! grin Especially a double order of hash browns "Raped and Pillaged" That is what my best friend BC and I came up with on the 13 hour return trip from Woodstock. Double covered, diced, chunked, sliced, stacked, and smothered, and then drowned in ketchup and mayo! shocked B is still the only person I have seen to completely consume a waffle in less than 20 seconds.And lately I have been on a buffalo kick. Buffalo wings, buffalo strips, buffalo chicken sandwiches, buffalo shrimp, buffalo ANYTHING!!! Just make it extra hot with an extra side of Bleu Cheese.WORD! Sorry for all those who don't live in America. You don't know what you are missing. This crap is WAY better than Marmite! tongue------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Oh Pere, no sweet chilli sauce - how do you cope!!! I can't have wedges without piling the stuff on! Love it.

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
oh oh oh oh there is a place in Katoomba called the Blues Cafe which had potato wedges with sweet chili sauce and sour cream....oh i want some NOW *sob* I'm dyin here.Pere

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Dru has a good point with the fish taco's. There's a place here off of 15th and Wazee st. called Wahoo's. Brilliant! (although Glowshow's idea of fish taco's has some merit as well grin)Hmm.....After reading this thread I'm starting to believe that Aussies will eat anything........"Hey mate, whats this black stuff?""Dunno...... Let's put it on toast and see" wink------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
this was and is a cute topic so i dicided to reply even though it's 2 months late.how can you people have the powers to make those foods after spinning?i go for the all american sandwitch-peanut butter and jelly... um...can't get any better...of-course if you have something lying around...but seriously now

life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans John Lennon

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Obviously you haven't had a real marmite sandich then.Take two slices of bread, spread the marmite at least 5mm thick on one side, slap em together, lick the knife clean (carefully) and prepare your tastebuds for the ride of their life.(FYI most people have tiny little scrapes of marmite, but its real power isn't used to it's full potential) grin grin grin grin------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Sol, right on wiht jam and grated cheese.Or you could try what i did when i was flatting once and there was hardly any food in the fridge.Cheese Sandwichs.Cut two thick slices of cheese, and put crisscrossed angular slices on one side each.Spread lots of thick jam into the slices.Press both pieces of cheese together.ENJOY------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I enjoy the occasional cream cheese and jelly sandwich. Also one of my favorite snacks:Take a slice of turkey breast, smear with cream cheese then wrap it around a dill pickle spear. Heat it in the microwave for 5-10 seconds and enjoy.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Chocolate Milk.

claremember
82 posts

Posted:
i met a guy who swears that although microwaved food is shitey, bread-vegemite-cheese-vegemite-cheese zapped till melted is good....do they have soy sauce in america? id miss that more than sweet chilli

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
clare - have you tried the Fountain(tm) Soy sauce with garlic? mmmmmm that is a tasty soy sauce!!

Dru Lee Parsecmember
78 posts

Posted:
There's an awesome resturant here called L'Affair. They have a dish which is a chicken breast wrapped around feta cheese. It's baked and then served in a rasberry sauce. Yum!

For a good Prime, call:29819592777931214269172453467810429868925511217482600306406141434158089

purplemonkeymember
8 posts

Posted:
I tend to go for spicy foods almost any time, and after a nice long poi session, it's no different. I make some damn fine Indian food..But if I don't have the patience for cooking anything, toast with slightly melted peanut butter and honey spread on it is delish. And a big ol' glass of milk. Oh, yeah.------------------LillyMy finger is an instrument of death!

LillyMy finger is an instrument of death!

LiL MiSS SiNmember
5 posts

Posted:
I honestly have got to say this is probably one of the coolest topics I have seen in a while.... AND WITH RECIPES.... BRILLIANT... Id have to go with homemade hummus... This is how I make it...one can of garbanzo beans into a blender... Fresh Dill or dried to tasteGarlic eith 2-3 chunks or if already diced 2-3 teaspoons full or to tastePaprika to tasteLemon or Lime juiceAdd to toasted bread or pita if ya got it... Somewhere I have a pita recipe but Id have to find that one...Of course hummus IS the easiest thing in the world to make but I have decided I like this combo best of all smileciao------------------Bass is the Virus...Vinyl is the Cure...

Bass is the Virus...Vinyl is the Cure...

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Oh my God, Dru. That sounds insanely good. I love feta. If I'm ever in Santee you'll have to show me where that place is.

Leximember
1 post

Posted:
Does no one else think this is an odd topic to have on a fire twirling site? Although i do agree that Falafals rock

Solusmember
2 posts

Posted:
Yes it is a strange topic to be on a fire site but then again it seems we are all people who are off the "norm"Anyway, my new favorite pick is sushi at Blowfish in SF. GREAT music, atmosphere and the food is good too.

From the fire we came, and to it we will return

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
sausage rolls are highly underrated. I think they are called "pig-in-a-blanket" in the US - funny name!and I don't know, but if you only have the small bite size ones, you are missing out. I just ate a foot long (approx) one! mmmmnow if I only had some hot sauce...

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
I do have to agree I am quite fond of sausage rolls myself. I used to eat them nearly everyday back when I was at school and University. You gotta have sauce on them though. Although I am weird and I actually quite like them microwaved. Yep that's weird.------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Page: