Forums > Social Chat > CUTS BRUISES and HEALING

Login/Join to Participate

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know of any good creams or ointment thats heal cuts or bruises really quick. I don't mean 2 weeks quick,, i mean 1-3 days quick. Some one was telling me about some sorta thing called 8 hour cream,, but it just sounds like crazy talk to me. Anyways anyone know of sumthin?P.S. it for smalls cuts not a deep gash er nuthin

We are defined by the choices we make

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
IT all depends on what you mean by "Heal" and how wide the cut is and how deep the cut is. Generally, the wider it is the slower it takes, deep cuts made with a monofilament will heal very quickly as long as there isn't too much bleeding, but a gouged piece of skin an inch wide will take much longer.If by HEAL you mean scabbed over enough for it to stop hurting but not enough to stop being careful not to rip the scab off (ouch) then some aloe vera and a plaster would work fine.If by heal you mean knitted back so that it doesn't need the protection of the scab then that will depend just as much on your body, how stressed you are, if you are eating the right food, the exposure of the cut to the atmosphere, where there are any contaminants in the atmosphere that will prevent/assist healing, etc, etc, etc.Some products, particularly Aloe Vera based ones (or AV on its own) promote healing and will make your body fix itself faster, as to time limits, that depends on you and the product and how you treat it, etc,etc,etcGee, THANKS NAG!I haven't talked seriously about gross stuff like this for years grin grin grin grin

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
comfrey.ask any gardener and they'll probably be happy to let you pick some from the scragally bits of their garden as it is a weed whose root runs 1-5 feet deep and one itty bitty peice of root will grow into a bush in a week! thus making it extremly prolific. the leaves work well put in a blender and applied to skin where cut is. OR root is prefered but must be cut into tiny tiny peices and put in blender or better for bruises cut up intotinytinypeices, dried and made ito tea. if you know no gardeners...go to a big city. find the health food/naturalhealing store and ask for dried comfrey (nowhere near as good as fresh) pay a fortune. try it it wont work.( well okay it'll kinda help) WARNING this stuff tastes horrible.my herbology teacher blended a small cup of fresh comfey leaves, and put it into a pot. then added water. then blended one raw steak and aded it to the pot. left it for two hours while she did her class. when we looked after class the meet had re formed to it's original shape. no shit. this stuff is amazing. ok im done.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Phuzz...? Reformed to it's original shape? Did you look into the pot to make sure she hadn't had another steak already in there?Perhaps the blender just spun the steak around in the cup instead of mulching it (might look like a mulched steak when it was spinning) and then she tipped the whole steak into the pot without you guys noticing?Or was the "original shape" of the steak a loose, watery collection of tiny pieces of mulched up meat, because then it would be easier to believe.Not trying to be nasty, I just find the fact that a plant can heal a piece of meat that is already dead, kinda disturbing and not part of my particular version of reality.If it such a great 'erb (being facitious now ain't I) then why aren't they using this stuff in hospitals and farming it by the ton...Like they do with Aloe Vera...(looks thoughtful)Not that I'm biased towards Aloe Vera or anything, I hardly even capitalise it sometimes...Doobee doobee doo grin grin grin grin------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz[This message has been edited by Charles (edited 21 January 2002).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
dearest mister carles...try it. you can eait it after. if your into meat. carol mcgrath is my herbologist teacher. she is no charlotin. she is one of the top 10 herbologists in the world. go get some comfrey. cut youself. be healed the next day. promise.

claremember
82 posts

Posted:
vitamin E cream. it's good stuff.aloe vera is fine for sunburn, but vit. E rocks on cuts and bruises.the stuff you may have heard of, (i think, from memory, i was using it a few years ago and cant quite remember) would be a particularly strong form of Difflam gel. go to a pharmacist and ask about it. I'm pretty sure that's the stuff i used.If it's bruising that's a particular problem, homeopathic bruise-tablets are MAGIC. i think they're called (oddly) Nervatona. You suck them under your tongue daily (they're all sugary and yum) or when doin an activity thatll bruise you, or straight after you think you bruised yourself, and THE BRUISES DONT APPEAR! its good stuff.

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
sorry fuzz, but really??? You blended a steak into little pieces...stuck some comfry onto it and it stuck itself back together?? What the??? Really?? No? You are just kidding right?? I mean how did it know which piece went where...like a jigsaw puzzle??Homeopathics do rock...can help no end!! I am sure that Comfry would work wonders too...------------------fe fi foo fun

fe fi foo fun

Flambabemember
16 posts

Posted:
I have had success with using Arnica Cream in conjunction with sublingual arnica. I used it after my knee surgery to get rid of a hideous bruise where they put the tourniquet on my leg...the bruise was about 8 inches long, 3 inches wide and was very deep. The morning after I started using it, the bruise was already breaking up (turning yellow in the center).

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
I've found the best thing is Lavender Oil...it stings a little, but it's one of the greatest anti-bacterials, and works wonders for healing little scratches and scrapes.Also, works very well on pimples, btw.And, it smells great!

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
I just want to share my new experience with anyone who is interested. I recieved my first staff related black eye yesterday. Thanks to a good friends quick thinking......and a bag of frozen pea's I don't look too battered (but I'm not sure my boss thinks the same. smile

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
well, i had a herbology class last night and i asked my teacher about her magic truck(it was two years ago for heavens sake). she corrected my story a hair and showed me a steak she had done earlier in the day for a beginner class. she had cut the steak into cubes, not blended it. sorry. she also told me it's called 'knitbone' i didn't know this before.

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Alright, I find this interesting. Does noone else wonder why Naganootch is trying to get rid of battle scars so quickly? What happened, man? Or was it just a general question? tongueIf you want the easy way: Neosporin and a band-aid. Vitamin E helps alot with the scars and bruises. For a little more effort, you might get better results. Try a homeopathic shop or an herb shop. Homeopathic remedies will often surprise you. I don't use them often, so I don't have that much to say. Eat more bananas or take potassium supplements if you bruise easily. How serious are the cuts? As long as they don't pour blood when you take a bandage off, let them breathe at night. If you keep them bandaged and wet with cream, the platelets in your blood don't close off the wound as effectively as they should, and it takes longer to heal.And wet tobacco or meat tenderizer in a compress takes the pain and swelling out of bee stings. It can also help control allergic reactions if applied quick enough. I know that was a little off topic, but if everyone is reading for medical advice, they probably won't forget it. It works.------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
I use comfrey, too. It is truly amazing. I grow it in my garden, eat it in my salads (it is second only to garlic in being good for you), and put the crushed leaves on my cuts, bruises, and tendonitis.It's name comes from the Latin word "to heal," and medieval soldiers carried it with them as a "vulnary" -- a plant used to heal battle wounds. Modern science has found it to contain large amounts of allantoin, which is used to treat burns, cuts, and ulcers.I have read of, but never tried out, the meat-rejoining experiment.There is a traditional burn salve that is made from one part dried ground comfrey root, one part honey, and one part wheat germ oil. Mix it on the spot and apply. Burt's Bees hand salve contains all these same ingredients. I also use arnica cream and aloe vera and skin lotion with vitamin E. Works good. Add to the list tea tree oil.And although I am an herbalist, I do use commercial triple antibiotic ointment and commercial antiseptic mouthwash for cleansing wounds and burns.Here's one you may not have heard of. In the case of a third degree burn to the surface of the eye, there is only one thing that is safe to put in the eye: 100% pure jojoba oil.Maximus

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
Glowshow==== I don't wanna get rid of battle scars. They are fun to show off. I wanna get rid of this blasted cut on my lip. It impairs me when i am alone with my special lady. Can you now understand why i want it healed ASAP?

claremember
82 posts

Posted:
arnica! oh, homeopathic god of my delicate capillaries!

Tailsmember
16 posts

Posted:
Tea tree oil works wonders... 'nuff said

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Witchazel (Witch-hazel?) is the poodles doodles when it comes to bruises. I once crushed my fingers in my garage door - the kind when it leaves a huge blue dent in your finger. Went in and put witchazel ointment on it and within half an hour there was nothing there. It really is wicked stuff.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Durbs - apparently that stuff is good for hickies (love bites) too, apparently rolleyes

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

SteelWngsBRONZE Member
169 posts

Posted:
Has anyoe tried this stuff?I have talked to a few of my friends that have used it for sore muscles and it says that it's good for burns and other stuff.https://www.bluestuff.com/HomeMoreInformation.htmlIf it works good for burns and sore muscles I might pick up a gallon or so. smile------------------Blessings to all, Peter "In motion, move like a thundering wave. When still, be like a mountain.Rising up, be like a monkey. Land swiftly and lightly like a bird. Be steadylike a rooster on one leg. One's stance is as firm as a pine tree, yetexpresses motion. Spin swiftly and circularly like a wheel. Bend and flexlike a bow. Waft gracefully like a leaf in the wind. Sink like a heavy pieceof metal. Prey like a watchful, gliding eagle. Accelerate like a gusty wind." Wushu Proverb

Blessings to all,
Peter
When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon ...you just have to outrun the halfling.

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
AAAAAAAHHHHH! Well, in that case, neosporin all the way! As long as it's not a deep cut, you should be fine by the next day. I use it all the time for chapped lips, when they split. The reason it works so well on your mouth, is because it is white-petroleum-based, so it won't wear off easily. If it is a split lip, try using carmex lip balm to keep it from happening more in the future. Or, I think it is chapstick that has out a new lip balm that contains a lot of aloe-vera, and moisturizers. Comes in a blue tube. p.s. I was joshin' ya before. Hope you make a speedy recovery!------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
grrr, don't get me started on lip-balms. oops, too late winkReally, really, really, don't get into the habit of using lip-balms. The more you use them the less natural moisturisers and protection your lips/mouth produce. Once you start using it regularly, it's becomes very hard to stop as your lips dry out and split/chap very easily. Using it occasionally as a preventative (not a cure) is fine - lets be honest dry cracked lips hurt like heck - but don't use them to prevent something which won't happen...errrk, where did that come from? sorry, it's a pet hate of mine. That and twisted phone lines.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
Durbs--actually i think i remember reading in Mens Health last month that lip balms don't reduce the moisture your body produces,, it's just the fact that you start to get used to the constant moisture of the balm and you are stuck using it because it feels better than the natural moisture.

Insatiable fire-faerie (Angie)BRONZE Member
150 posts

Posted:
Homeopathicly speaking...... Arnica!!! tincture/cream/tablets is the way to go.I havent read the above ....but Im sure someone will have already mentioned it. Its the best!With loveHugsn HealingAngie xx

"You've got red on you!" Shaun of the Dead

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
All this was about a cut on your lip and your girlfriend wouldn't kiss you?*pfft*Okay, try hydrogen peroxide, full strength.Kiss her through a sheet of cellophane in the meantime. (Damn good thread, though. I learned a lot!)Maximus