Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > A plane I hadn't played with before...

Login/Join to Participate

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
In my quest to spewforth every iota of poi knowledge that I obtain with the hope that it will contribute to the collective...

I found a new plane that I hadn't played with before. I'm sure that most of you guys have played with it but it's my flavor of the minute.

Whenever I had been doing butterfly stuff, I'd always kinda pictured it as either being in front of me (like the first type of butterfly newbies learn) or behind me (like over the shoulder or btb.)

I recently found that when you're behind the back, you can either have the poi spin totally behind your back and behind your hands, like most people do... OR you can have them spin behind your back but between your butt and your wrists (if the chain is short enough)... this gives a VERY different read to the behind the back and I think allows for dancing as you're alternating between behind-the-back-and-behind-the-wrist to behind-the-back-but-in-front-of-the-wrist. It tends to move the shoulders and would look hot on someone hotter than me. biggrin

This plane also exists in front of the body and is what you go from/to when you're doing a watermill.

So I think there's 4 distinct 'depths' of planes that exist (IN MY MIND ONLY) for one poi to exist at when spinning in the wall plane. There's the poi in front of the body AND in front of the wrists, there's the poi between the chest and the wrists, there's the poi behind the body between the butt and the wrists behind the body, and then the poi behind both the butt and the wrists. Of course there's infinite possibilities of the X and Z planes with this... can I call it the Y plane? I probably shouldn't. wink

Just playing the "Where can we move the poi?" game...

(Edited by Dom to remove ’ and stuff)

EDITED_BY: Døm (1070629615)

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
i understand sir, i've been toying around with that 'plane' for a while but not really got too far on reflection. But please tell me why there are random bits of *8790 and stuff hidden in your thread? confused

Tennis

My cat's breath smells like catfood

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Yea, it's groovy. I've played with the same direction one more than the butterfly. It seems a bit mad to see someone contantly be able to have the poi going the same direction in front of them. ubbtickled

I found I started looking at buzzsaws a little different than I had been before because of how nice the turns and transitions are.

I haven't tried inverting BTB though...hmmmm...cool idea. ubbidea

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Quote:

please tell me why there are random bits of *8790 and stuff hidden in your thread?

Oh yo can see that too? It's everytime he does and apostrophe or sommat. I pm'ed doctor fixit anywho...

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
I didn’t reckon much to " ’"

but the "…" was my favorite bit of the post,
I cant believe that you edited it out.
ubbrollsmile

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Screw Dom and the rest of the facist HoP Censors!

Free the ’!

Freedom of speech! Freedom of Speeeeeech! I have a god given right as an American citizen to spew forth all of the ’ on the private website of some guy from New Zealand! Ain't no pansy Brit gonna hold me and the rest of the ’ world forever.

Liberate ’!
Bomb Dom!
Let the ’ be free!

Oh... and for the record, I was having issues with my computer crashing when trying to post so I typed the post in microsoft word and then cut and pasted it to HoP. Henseforth the ’.

But Dom is still a facist pig. mad

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
real quick... somebody called this inverted... this is inside, not inverted. insides are planes facing same way, between arms and body, as above, wall plane or side plane, inverted are planes facing each other, wall or side. just for term clarification smile. BTW i highly recommend practicing these a lot. wink quadruples moves in the future

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Um... nobody called it inverted. biggrin

But thanks for the clarification.

And stop talking like glass with this vague "moves are possible" "You will see someday" crap. It only makes it more frustrating. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Um... nobody called it inverted. biggrin

eek

Quote:

I haven't tried inverting BTB though...hmmmm...cool idea. ubbidea

spank

ubblol

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
deep soul sheep doesn't count. : tongue

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Inverted, perverted, Inside, outside, westside, shmwest side. I must polish up my terminology before I'm forced to go hang out in the war forum ubbcrying noooooooooo!!! rolleyes

Hey I invented the move so I get to name it whatever I like!! tongue

Quote:

inverted are planes facing each other, wall or side. just for term clarification

I still don't know what this means....anyone enlighten me so I can give it a name other than inverted? wink

Quote:

deep soul sheep doesn't count. :

Oii!! Just cause I don't care for beats doesn't mean I can't count. I just choose not to so there tongue

Bet I can do this faster than you anyway!!