dj_retromember
87 posts

Posted:
Hey real quick question....do any of you play dance dance revolution? im not sure how big it is in the UK but in japan and the USA its HUGE! (among the few that play it smile ) Well for those of you who have no clue what im talking about www.ddrfreak.com will help some. the basic idea is that you have four arrows up down left and right on a metal "pad" along with the game screen. as the arrows flow up the screen with the beat of the music you step on them as they pass over the stationary ones. sounds and looks easy untill you get the the harder songs. anyway im almosted as obbseded with this game as i am with spinning and im still trying to work out some way of spinning glowsticks while i play...they call it freestyleing when you add exrta stuff. yea...im really bored eek ubbloco

<( ' ' )>
Fear the Kirby

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
It's pretty popular in south africa.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

ElannaSILVER Member
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
2,293 posts

Posted:
ooooooooooh! DDR!!!! love that game! biggrin

unfortunately the only version i have right now is the origina... o_O

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Pies Jesu Domine *whack*
Dona eis requiem *whack*

Come join us and chat - we're bored! irc.newnet.net #homeofpoi

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
omg!! I havent played DDR for a long time! But I spin to DDR music a lot!! We just got a little community of DDR machines building!! hehe!

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
I've used DDR music in some of my shows, and I've played the game and do pretty well at it after a bit of warming up. Also got a few friends with Japanese sequels and different mixes ("Disney's Rave" is a rather unique one - they made techno mixes of all the Disney animated showtunes). Lemme know if you're ever up for a tournament, as we can throw together a huge one at the drop of a hat up here.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
I am the DDR queen! I've had the home version for a few years now and just last sunday I spent an hour straight and roughly $15 on it at an arcade that just got it in!^-^ DDR Extreme is the best, since it has Butterfly, Cartoon heros and Dynamite rave.
*bounces around singing dub I dub....* ubbrollsmile

P*L*U*R

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Haven't we in the Uk had it for a while? Never heard of disney rave though....
And I suck on dance machines, no foot eye coordination at all tongue

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Quote:

*bounces around singing dub I dub....* ubbrollsmile

AHHHH! I love that song! The fist time I saw the name... oh, it was funny! "Dub? Like dubbing a movie? Dub *I* Dub?" ubblol I'm sooo stupid sometimes!! ^_^

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier