Forums > Social Chat > What do you play with?

Login/Join to Participate

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Alright, this one is for glow and fire, and everything else. I want to know what everyone has in their bag of tricks. I'm not trying to steal ideas here, so if you have your own special toys, you don't have to list them here. I am just interested to find out what kind of stuff people come up with in their spare time. So far, judging from everything I have seen and heard up to this point, Dangerboy is in the lead. wink I'll start. I have a set of racquetball practice poi; alternate colors of UV Zuni (I think I am the only person in the world who still has the same pair still intact!); a pair or ropes that I braided out of 3 different colors of Nylon cord; a set of BIG UV flags/scarves; a set of smaller scarves; a drawer full of glowsticks; christmas light balls (they are about 7-8 inches diameter, and swung by the cord, so they don't go too many places. Kind of like beaming poi all jacked up on crack! shocked ); the cords that light up and flash (can't remember what they are called); bicycle lights; fluorescent finger tubes; UV body paint; my beautiful, beautiful chains; and probably my favorite-my 4 RAV'N lights all wrapped up in bubble wrap to make the light bands bigger. grin And that is why I go by Glowshow, in case anyone was wondering. cool DON'T ERASE THIS THREAD!!! AGAIN! wink wink------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---[This message has been edited by glowshow (edited 18 January 2002).]

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
YAY!

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Here it is!!!!...Finally! wink...As for me...the list is shorter of what I don't use.I don't use juggling torches, clubs or juggling fire balls, mainly because I don't juggle!As for what I offer to perform with...Non-fire: Comets, glowsticks (multiples), LED, non-fire staff, getting Electroglo Staff next week in mail (thanks Malcolm! wink), flags, fluff cuff poi (yes I have a pair wink),A ball python named Goldie (I don't swing her, but I dance with her), bola's, laser pointers, veils..which are similar in use to flags, meteor, devils stix, contact juggling stuff, and a bunch of other little tricks up my sleeve!Fire: Poi (multi length), multi-wick poi, staves, jump rope, torches (eating, breathing, trailing), working on meteor, whips, fire sculptures, fire fans, I tried fire fingers but didn't like them at all, working on firettes, and I have several tools of my own design including (but not limited to) a "fire ray" and "whip it".For general knowledge, meteor can be used like a rope dart, so I don't need a seperate tool for that.You are only limited by your imagination! smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 19 January 2002).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
non fire- braided cord with attachments for 1. three glow sticks using key rings and pony-tail streatchy things, with leather finger loops.2. A medium length and a short length set of thin dog chains with a glow stick on each end. 3. two pair of nunchucks that I can use just like poi4. and many varients on the chain with leather finger loops theme, including: a)soft baseballs, b)tennis balls, c)steel, and not to forget my d) doggy toys dipped in black rubber coating that look just like spiked flails, great for mideavil shows!e) cane poles for twirling (all sizes) f) I twirl damp towels too (provides cooling actrion and a work out!)Fire? never heard of it... winkactually...a)double fire staff made from 3/4 inch electrical conduit piping (steel galvanized) b) my non fire poi have a "quicklink" mini carabiner (screws tight) that can be used to transform any of my poi into fire poi.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Ok my toys: Voltron figurines, Transformers, Matchbox Cars...Oh wait - different kind of toys tongueI don't have a large list, but here goes.Fire poi (cable, I really want some chain/ballchain ones though) is the limit of my foray into the world of fire.I have a set of practice poi that I made and love dearly. I take them with me nearly everywhere! Heavy and long but that's the way I like it *ahem*A meteot made by joining these poi together at the handles. This leads to a meteor with a weighted centre as well as weighted ends, I haven't worked out if this is good or bad yet...2 practice staffs that I recently made. I can't do a lot with them yet, but I am learning.A bunch of juggling balls (though I can only use 3 at once - sometimes 4).But like many out there I have some non-dedicated toys. By this I mean sometimes I will twirl my camera around until I realise what I am doing!

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
I love talking about trick bags. There's so few true builders out there. The list of things I built this year include.Multi-length, Multi wick poi.A fire staff with sliding wicksA flaming tire iron as most ppl call it.Very short hand torches.I had acouple sets of eating torches but lost them due to lack of interest. I also built but didn't test a ring of fire.I have plans laid out to build some more stuff but they require weilding to make so soon as I find one I can contuine building.They are a Star design kinda like a 3-d tire iron and a 12" giant flaming puppet that can do multi-poi. Hehe I can't wait to eaither kill myself with that or have him dance about in the ring of fire smileAs for non fire toys I've got a set of rav'n lights that I almost never use and a christmas tree light staff which i'm tryin to make into an over the shoulder bong grin I also have a set of blacklight flags that never get used and have been practicing on a glow in the dark diablo.------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"[This message has been edited by Knagi (edited 18 January 2002).]

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
well there is only the limit of the imagination....so fartube fire poi, on ball chainhuge interweave fire poi old fire poicouple of staffmany many various practice poi, many of which are on loanpractice poi on elastic cordglowieslight tube poijuggling clubsmany juggling ballsfire juggling clubsLED hacky sacka six foot unicycle...but it is somewhere in nz...frisbeeboomerangboomerang with hole for glowstickoh and many more toys....but ask me tomorrow, and i might have just added to them!!------------------fe fi foo fun

fe fi foo fun

cryogenicmember
34 posts

Posted:
wow... i feel so limited.. smileive got:2 sets of fire poi (1 short, 1 longer)2 short staffs1 medium staff1 long staff1 glowstaff (basically a staff without wick and places for glowsticks) - yes, i know its not as good as an electroglo, but i cant afford one as yet.. smile------------------If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
off hand i cant think of many toys i have but im sure ill get o a roll as soon as i start listing *lol*1 set fire poi (avec cable)1 3 peice fire staff1 set beaming poi not used often cause red gets boring *lol*1 set of fire swinging clubs which i found by chance on vancouver island.many sets home made practice poi glowsticks wrapped in glow tape stolen (glow tape stolen from local theater company heh heh heh)Tied with shoe laces. 9 i tend to give theses sets away as i just make em out of my dead glowsticks and get others learning too.i got some photon wands but those are really stupid and useless as they break when spun so they sit im my car rear veiw mirror to make me all cool lookin when i drive.. (shhh delusional pink bubble... dont pop it))

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
A boomerang with a hole for a glowsstick?! Sweet.OK, here's my toy list:-Fire PoiTail PoiGlow in the dark poi Glow stick set-up with GID String2 Diabolo1 Fire DiaboloDevil Stick3 Clubs3 RingsToo many balls to mentionSpeed Ring3" Acrylic for Contact JugglingNot huge, but I like them smile------------------https://welcome.to/thehugbubble The Mug Shot Gallery MSN Poi Community Words to memerise, words hypnotise, words make my mouth exercise.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
what do i play with?-thinking back to the recent urinal thread-nevermind...

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
well this is my list so far that i have in my posession:numerous single fire poi's, double fire poi (firetoys kind with the alu tube through both wick's, fire ropes, comet poi, beaming poi, chain poi with tenis balls for practice, monkeyfist meteors, 2 fire staff's, 2 fire clubs, diabolo which i am so crap at the most i can manage is a trapease with a suicide and catch. also i carry in my bag a first aid kit and a small fire extinguisher for good measure as you never know what you gonna do next with fire, accidents do happen grinright i think thats all for now.PKi dream of twirly fire pixies with fire poi making pretty circles of light.

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
*Bump*Still curious.------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Whipping Boy wink

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Wow there are others learning the diablo smile That little toy is so addicting!

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Toys.....Let's see, I started with staff, as I had extensive expeiriance with it. At the moment I am playing with fire chain whip, and fire ropedart. Great fun those, I keep discovering new pressure points and nerve clusters that they never showed me in martial arts. I hit myself between the ankle bone and achillies tendon the other day and it felt like all the veins in my foot filled with ice water and then spilled out into my shoe. I'm also playing with a three section staff, and trying to find new ways to illustrate the nature of the weapon instead of just doing reg. staff stuff like they teach in kung-fu. Also trying to keep it from busting a hole in my skull wink.I was watching the demo mode for a video game at a bar that I frequent. It was Tekken or some such thing, but it showed all these charactors going through their weapons forms with their weapons all glowing. It came to a girl going nuts with a tai-chi sword and it looked completely sick. So now I'm playing with fire sword in the tai-chi style. I hope I can get it down before Burning Man. ------------------If you love something, set it on fire.[This message has been edited by SickpuPpy (edited 23 January 2002).]

Jesus helps me trick people.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Practice PoiGlowsticks(Maybe an ElectroGlo staff sometime soon)