Forums > Social Chat > Officially kicking my butt...

Login/Join to Participate

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Bonjour !It is cold out there ...know why ? yep ! Winter. (that time of year where all our buddies in OZ and NZ get the sun and all and send us all their cold rain and wind... wink )And where has the enthousiastical all "boing boing boing " jumping up and down newbie called Cassandra gone ? you know ? that chick who used to spin day and night ? woos !!!!LOl... yep, that is probably the first self-flaming thread where i just thought I ought to officially kick my own bottom and react : cold is annoying but not a good enough reason to stay home and spin less !!!anyone cares to join in ? be my guest ! winkshine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i wont slam myself, but ill join you in kicking your butt. tongue grinhee heeIll tell you whats kicking my but, these damn classes at night. Then coming into work after getting home at 10:00pm, then staying up till 2:00am doing homework, then coming into work at 7:00am..Im going to start bringing a pillow.."S"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

4,224 posts

Posted:
Oh come on superman, stop complaining, you woos winkLOL, noooo, don't hit me, I was just kidding you're the best, Supercucumber, errr...I mean... supermaster winkCass

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I think the cold is definitely good enough reason not to be outside! Plus now it's cold and it's wet!I only spin about once a week, indoors! Otherwise it's way too cold!So don't kick yourself too hard smile

4,224 posts

Posted:
yeah ... you're right, Dom (happy new year, what's up Dom how are you?) but it is frustrating for example when you came to Paris and we ended up not spinning as much as I wanted to... because of that cold... damn !!! need to find a way to spin indoors really !!!shine onCassandra

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
I came across all sorts of alien phrases when I moved up to Yorkshire a few years back... 'NESH' being one of them.In Yorkshirish it means someone who cant stand the cold. So I guess youre 'nesh' then..??I have a good gripe about the cold as well now and again. Having been born and brought up in hot countries, I dont particularly like it. One of the quickest ways to warm up though, given the opportunity, (for me anyway) is to have a damn good spin. (Saves on heating bills I find)ps: praps 'ol Soops could use his Krypton power and blow a little El Neenyo this way?? wink (But then again.. he may be too tired) tongue------------------Kato

Kato

Arcmember
17 posts

Posted:
Just sending some warmth you're way.THE SUN"Come and I shall tell thee first of all the beginning of the sun and the sources from which have sprung all the things we now behold -- the earth and the bil- lowy sea, the damp vapor and the titan air that binds his circle fast round all things." -Empedocles5th Century BC Greek In archaic times, people perceived the sun, in its shining prime and glory, giver of heat and light and life, to be the effulgent force of the female, a passionate aspect of the Great Mother, the versatile Jill-of-all-Trades who issues forth and supports whole life. She was the Heaven-Illuminating Goddess, Ameratsu Omikame, in Japan, and the Queen of Heaven and Earth, Arinna, in Mesopotamia. She was Yhi, Sun Woman, to the Arunta of Australia. She was known in Antolia, Siberia and Native America. Tribal northern Europe knew Her, too. The Germans called Her Sunna, as did the Norwegians. In Scandinavia, She was Glory-of-Elves, or Sol. The Eddas say that on Doomsday, She will bear a daughter who will be the new sun, the next creation, the luminous world to come. She was Sol, as well, to the Celts who also called her Sul or Sulis. Her celebrations took place on hilltops overlooking springs. A major ceremonial site was Silbury Hill (Sulisbury Hill) adjacent to the springs at Bath, once called Aquae Sulis. The Romans dedicated altars at Bath, sacred to Sul Minerva. The Great Mother in ancient India was Aditi, the mother of the 12 spirits of the zodiac, the Adityas who would "reveal their light at Doomsday". The Mahanir- vanatantra describes the sun as a golden garment of light which graces the Great Goddess. "The sun, the most glorious symbol in the physical world, is the mayik vesture of Her who is `clothed with the sun.'" "I praise the disc of the rising sun, Red as a parrot's beak, sharp-rayed, Friend of the lotus grove, An earring for the Goddess of the East." ---------------------------Round and round and round they go when they stop nobody knows.Arc. shocked

redragonxmember
73 posts

Posted:
during the winter i spin inside with two dead glowsticks (i only spin glow right now, but hoping to move into fire this summer) because its the same weight for practice as for display(or showing off or whatever you call it). Just a Thought...

~A Soft Rubber Bodybuilding Smurf~

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
that was pretty cool Arc..im digging the quote"S"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Wicked post ArcI'm feeling particularly virtuous at the mo as I've been spinning more than ever over December/Jan. Why? Cos I've finally plucked up the courage to go spin at school in my free periods, (of which there are many)regardless of having an audience or not.The result? I was offered the sports hall, by the P.E dept who saw me spinning, to use at any time there's nobody in there to spin in properly (with music!) and I can use it to teach others too! How good is that? It's done wonders curing my quite obvious shyness and aversion to spinning in front of others and also allowed me to get some of my mates interested.Hooray....now I have some people to spin with grin grinI must admit I haven't been spinning outside much though..........

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hey I'll... Oh wait KICK your butt... sorry, I thought this said something else... my bad. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
------Actually frown, there was more sunny in our winter than we ahve had this summer. Just befor exmas we had a record 17 weeks of having rain every weekend in the middle of summer.It's put a major dampner not only on practicing, but has cost me well over half of what i normally earn over summer from paid performing and busking...I can't wait for winter to come back at the moment...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

4,224 posts

Posted:
Arc... thank you (note : it is a real meaningfull thanl you, not an empty polite "thanks") for what you posted aout the sun... one can always use some sunshine. smileNYC... tongueCharles, so srry to hear you made less money, especially with the wedding and all. But here are some goooood vibes to you hoping you'll get the weather you need and wishing you the best busking of your life smileshine oncassandra

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Me too, kick I please,dont want to spin in this sh@t, been dragging my sorry ass out for half an hour every couple of days but its just depressing. going into manufacture now, workshop weather. I can smell the spring...but in Devon thats just more rain. frownNix

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Phuhzzzie Wuhzzzie the Pumpkin Kingmember
141 posts

Posted:
It's going to be summer down here one day I've been told, we've had about a week, not in consecutive days. Raind drops keep falling on my... blah, blah.------------------A wise man once said to me, "Hey! You! Get out of my wardrobe!" and in a way I guess he was right.

A wise man once said to me, Hey! You! Get out of my wardrobe! and in a way, I guess he was right.