4d1c3member
61 posts

Posted:
hey does any one have any ideas on how to make your pois glow in the dark or light up with glow sticks or led lights or anything else i would like make something noticable but that i can use at the moment because of the total fire ban i have seen the designs on this site but the balls are to hard and i dont like the battery holder one because the elastic bands come off and it goes flying any help would be great thanks

the risk is the rush

Spin Doctormember
34 posts

Posted:
get some string...Get some glowsticksTie the glowsticks onto the string and voila! Glowstick poi... It's how my mates got started in Twirling. smileAlternatively, if you have chain/metal/fire poi, you should be able to clip off the wick and instead attach some glowsticks, they're light and don't hurt much. However, they're one use only (i think)Anyway, hope that helped. smileTaSpin Doctor

Imagine something witty or profound was here.

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
The practice poi on this site glow in UV, go they cool in black light.. and no matter what anyone says they are so fun... smile

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
maybe do a search for non-fire alternatives or something. there are so many options, you're only limited by your own imagination.from what I understand, the total fire ban has been lifted anyway, right?

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

4d1c3member
61 posts

Posted:
hey thanks for all the ideas i am making some in clear pencil sharperners with 4 leds in each poi the glowstick idea is good but every nighti woulkd have to buy 2 glowsticks at $4 each that would work out a lto of money are you sure that the total fire ban is over because if it isnt and light up onthe oad were i twirl and some one dobs me in that is a huge fine tha uv ones are good but unless im under uv light which i dont twirl under is there a way to recharge glowsticks or anything that glowsto cut the cost because that would be cheap and look cool thanks for the ideas keep them coming[This message has been edited by dicy (edited 16 January 2002).]

the risk is the rush