Page:
4d1c3member
61 posts

Posted:
why do we all spend so much time in here and not out practicing and why are there unions or what ever against fire twirling and why do some people have such weird names and why am i doing this and why did i write that

the risk is the rush

Neekomember
68 posts

Posted:
It's too dang cold outside right now. What's your excuse? smile

4d1c3member
61 posts

Posted:
hey well it si the first time have been on this site and i needed some new tricks to do so yeah

the risk is the rush

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
Believe me kiddo, I spend a damn sight longer practicing than I do on the PC. (Its just that I rarely get access to a PC over the weekend and find it much more fun than doing work during the week !!)As for the rest.. I shouldnt worry yourself too much.. just get out there and spin!! ------------------Kato

Kato

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
The reason I'm not spinning right now is that I sprained my wrist snowboarding last week. It's driving me mad, I come back from holiday inspired to spin more often, and I can't frownOh well, I'll be spinning again pretty soon------------------Bovril - It's liquid cow y'know

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Arcmember
17 posts

Posted:
I can't spin anymore(for the moment that is). I find that I am spinning for hours and hours on end and my shoulder muscles are just out of control in pain. God do I love spinning. I couldn't sleep last night because all I could think about how I will put on a fire show. Once I learn all the moves and about fire that is.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
im not spinning right now because people here at work tend to look at me funny."S"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
because I am trying to stop a viciously swelling nose (see Kato's confession box grin)

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Gruffmember
106 posts

Posted:
BLOODY ENGLISH WEATHER!!!!!If it wasnt sooooo BLOODY cold Id be twirling my little cotton pickin' socks off!!!Better to get the arms in training for the summer season by the action of lifting a pint pot (preferably full) to and from the mouth. Does wonders for the stregnth and stamina but doesnt help co-ordination much!!Seriously though Im out at every opportunity!Gruff

4d1c3member
61 posts

Posted:
hey they are all pretty good reasons so is ther any other sites i should visit when i am not twirling for a reason

the risk is the rush

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I actually am spinning right now.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I'm working on homework, and slipped onto the computer for a whlie *shhh* don't tell anyone. wink

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
I would go out to spin right now... But I'd prolly break my legs on the black ice that is covering EVERYTHING!

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I think a lot of people are at work and instead of working are using the connection to surf HoP. Not that there's anything worng with that, as long as they do it on their lunchbreaks like me (yeah right).But that's why a lot of us are on this site instead of practicing, it's easier to look like you are doing work in front of a screen than standing inthe parking lot flinging flaming fuel onto the bosses car... grin grin grin grin ------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz[This message has been edited by Charles (edited 15 January 2002).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
I call it research. But, your right, and as it's about 25oC (77oF) outside at present I'm off for a spin. See ya wink

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Gheumember
28 posts

Posted:
Have you heard about these Maine winters? Brrrrrrrr *shiver*Deaneage------------------A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso

A pig that doesn't fly is just an ordinary pig - Porco Rosso

4d1c3member
61 posts

Posted:
all you people complaining about it being cold or icey you can actually do something about it like wear warm clothes or shuvell the ice but i agree it is a hell load easier and warmer spending time on the net looking for new moves by the way can any one help me start a reverse weave i hit myself before it starts or they and up going the wrong way

the risk is the rush

...{SAFE}..."if i jump in the fire, will you?"
633 posts

Posted:
oh you guys actually practice , i thought this site was just for talking about this little hobbie ?!?! hmm ... practice , thats a new one !

wink

i like breaking the Law frown , of Gravity wink !

Lillie Frognot a stranger
558 posts

Posted:
What I really like to do is spin in front of the TV.
But I keep hitting the light shades.
It's a damn shame.
Also most of the living room is full of disassembled motorbike bits.
It's not fair, I really don't think I am getting equal space rights.
I'm too kind and generous, that's my problem. (Or one of them!)

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry
No one is ever what they seem
Gabriel King - The Wild Road

YexBRONZE Member
97 posts

Posted:
its not that cold out. and i was spinning at work cause all i've been doing is standing around running pumps. so i cut myself a peice of pipe for a staff and went to town. theres a first for everything. smile

"Not all who wander are lost. "

J.R.R. Tolkien

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I spend so much time in here because I am at work and there is nothing better to do...I can't spin in the office cause I think I would get introuble with the Occ Health and Safety officers...and my name is weird because my parents are weird and they are the ones who named me.

Luminous SoulsGOLD Member
36 posts

Posted:
haha. it's not cold here in texas. i am on here cause i just got done with playing with my poi. smile

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
i dont spend so much time in here that i have to bump 3 year old threads which didnt really have much point in the first place...

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Holy moly didn't realise this thread was so old.

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
Its nice and sunny outside and ive poied to my music but i'm sick of the cds i have so its not as fun. Also, its kinda muddy on the ground and it splashes up and hits my legs..ick ick ick

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

Mistress_MaledictiHeaven doesn't want me, and Hell is afraid I'll take over
192 posts

Posted:
I tried spinning indoors but I broke two of the lightbulbs on the chandelier in the living room. Then I tried doing it out in the hallway instead and nearly ended up spinning something with a kitten on the end of it!

sin

"Abashed, the Devil stood and saw how awful Goodness is"

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
Written by: SickpuPpy

I actually am spinning right now.

------------------
If you love something, set it on fire.

(Andy bows)

Ah, it is so good to meet another master of the art of spintyping!

It's smashing to be back x

Melemelmember
114 posts

Posted:
I keep leaving my poi spinning book out in the rain overnight... Good thing ive learnt most of it... (except for the stupidbendypainful btb weave)

Tomorrows World isnt on anymore...Does that mean its tomorrow now?

Twisted ClownBRONZE Member
102 posts

Posted:
Well my excuse is ITS TOO FORKING COLD plus i dont know what to practice im kinda learning lots of things and i dont know what to do shall i try to perfect my poi or flag spinning or learn more staff moves or try to start learning juggling moves arghhhhhhh i dont know what to do first....

There may be one for everyone but what if there is two for three would that mean none for someone or did they start off without one....

SnojBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
because i'm waiting for my poi to arrive, in answer to fire, i study fire at university and what better to show an example of how safe fire is by spinning fire poi!

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
its raining frown

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

Page: