Forums > Social Chat > Sooooo frustrated (Just a vent feel free to skip it)

Login/Join to Participate

majikbratmember
12 posts

Posted:
I am just learning and as there are no other spinners around me (yes i checked meet people) I am learning on my own. And it is sooo frusterating. Trying to get the length and weight of my chains right. Trying to figure out how not to bonk myself. I haven't dared to light up yet. ARRRRGH------------------Around the pyre, a circle of thirteenThroughout these woods, ecstatic screamsI look deeply into your eyesI smell your hair, caress your thighsNow we'll make love by fire lightA blaze so high it lights the night"Type O Negative"

Around the pyre, a circle of thirteenThroughout these woods, ecstatic screamsI look deeply into your eyesI smell your hair, caress your thighsNow we'll make love by fire lightA blaze so high it lights the nightType O Negative

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I know hoe you feel, when I moved, just before moved no one did poi, so I had a few months of beating myself up with tennis balls. When I left to move to sheffield they all started and are all better than me now! grin------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
It can be frustrating however, I am self taught and I kind of like it. Being around others definately influences your style, technique and what moves you tend to learn.Yes, others do help the learning curve I suspect but I have a much better understanding of my body line in relation to my poi and so it makes things now easier to correct. I also have a style completely my own and have come up with some interesting moves because of my isolation. Look at it as a mixed blessing and it makes it easier to handle the frustration!Many regards and hang in there!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

majikbratmember
12 posts

Posted:
Hey thanks and i actually managed to do a butterfly this afternoon without getting hit OR tangleing my chains. Maybe I will get it yet. Or maybe just the heavier wicks helped.Da Brat------------------Around the pyre, a circle of thirteenThroughout these woods, ecstatic screamsI look deeply into your eyesI smell your hair, caress your thighsNow we'll make love by fire lightA blaze so high it lights the night"Type O Negative"

Around the pyre, a circle of thirteenThroughout these woods, ecstatic screamsI look deeply into your eyesI smell your hair, caress your thighsNow we'll make love by fire lightA blaze so high it lights the nightType O Negative