Forums > Social Chat > What makes YOU special?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
HitokageSILVER Member
70 posts

Posted:
I'm sure that whenever someone asks you that question, you respond with "Fire Poi/Staff". But what makes you special here, among other fire twirlers? What's your claim to fame in our little subculture here? Not that this actually matters, but I'm curious.As for me, I'm a Junior in High School, and yet I act, sing, play piano, draw, paint, dance, and am learning Japanese. That's just the start of the list. Of course these aren't real "claims to fame", Hmmm...I guess the fact that I'm going to be a famous actor sometime later in my life qualifies. Well, maybe I'm just going to try to be a famous film actor, but I'll make it...just you wait. So anyway...what makes you special?------------------"Burning--the process of breaking things down into a simpler form." -Hitokage---FireStorm---(jimidawg@snet.net)

Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever -Mahatma Ghandi

Burning--the process of breaking things down into a simpler form. -Hitokage-

Mushinkatomember
164 posts

Posted:
I like your thing about breaking things down into simpler forms by burning. I wonder if, particularly in some Asian cultures, creamation is seen as breaking the physical body down into ash and smoke as a far more thorough way of 'diffusing' it back into the cosmos.. D'you know what Im getting at..?? Its a subject thats made me go.. 'Hmmmm' sometimes.------------------Kato

Kato

rangerbethanymember
70 posts

Posted:
i have strange magical powers...

floating
drifting
fading away
how could these stimulants lead us astray?

HitokageSILVER Member
70 posts

Posted:
Kato...I understand. That was in essence my reasoning when I created the quote.------------------"Burning--the process of breaking things down into a simpler form." -Hitokage---FireStorm---(jimidawg@snet.net)

Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever -Mahatma Ghandi

Burning--the process of breaking things down into a simpler form. -Hitokage-

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
IM NOT SPECIAL!!!!!!:begins to sob uncontrollably:poi always was my special thing, but now im just average...sniff...sniff...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Moondancermember
10 posts

Posted:
This is trickier than I thought.....well I think that I am special because I know who I am, I know who it is I strive to be, and I don't let anyone or anything stand in my way or push me back. That sounds really corny, but yeh. I have dreams and I am damn well gonna fulfill them.The thing is I live for my art, basically. Without sounding egotistical or conceited, I know I am talented. I won all the school comps and most of the local ones and got recognition in many others, yet all through high school I had to cope (or put up) with an art teacher who told me how trivial my talent was and how I shouldn't depend on it for a future. He used to tell me on a regular basis that I wouldn't get into art school and my talent had no hope for a future. (Sorry to whoever reads this it sounds like a stinky sympathy trip or something...it isnt.) Anyways I applied for art school, and I was accepted at my interview, before my final school results came out, before they had finished interviewing all the applicants, and 1 and a half months before uni places were to be released. I sound like such a suck job here but this experience has basically taught me so much about who I am and about believing in yourself, and I think it makes me special.I am enrolled to begin Uni this year, doing a double degree Bachelor of Visual Arts/Bachelor of Education (Secondary) to be a high school art teacher. I want to teach at a little school in the middle of the outback, and I want to bring fresh insight to kids who wouldn't have the opportunity to experience such things. I want to inspire, encourage and influence the Australian artists of the next generation, and hopefully get some form of national recognition for my own artwork along the way.This is my dream and it makes me special.(sorry for sounding like whining whinging little sorry arse thru that too)- - dance under the moon the dizzy dancing way you feel when every fairy tale dream comes true. Angel dust gets in your eyes, hair on acid stars....you're getting there - -

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Right on moondancer
Non-Https Image Link
i wish you luck.PK
Non-Https Image Link
[This message has been edited by vain-ego pk (edited 21 January 2002).]

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Vain-ego How the hell did you make those smileys?!?!?As for me and the Martian I guess all we can say is that we're going to have a poi-twirler wedding seeing as we both spin and are getting married in a year.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
I have this bizarre ability to appear shorter in person.Maximusp.s. Majbrat, does your church know you can quote Peter Steele?

Page: