Forums > Social Chat > Street Performing In NYC

Login/Join to Participate

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
Well i gotta say my job is def not helping me out with the money. I need more money but don't wanna get another job cause then i gotta tell my boss to not give me certain hours,,, and i really don wannget fired from this job ,, cause i get a sweet 25% discount and i was only supposed to be sesonal so he can do as he pleases.AnywayHow should i go about performing in the street for money. Just throw down a hat with a sign ,, bring a freind to pass the hat around while i spin. what should i do?Alternativly , i was thinking of walking aorund with a sign that says"HI, I'm a stupid guy who forgot to save for his anniversary. Spare some change?" and a cup. I might make a buck just for being funny.

We are defined by the choices we make

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Careful if you light up, NYPD's been somewhat restrictive. I think you'd make more money by not showering and walking the subways with a cup. Those guys seem to make a fortune...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
""" I think you'd make more money by not showering and walking the subways with a cup. Those guys seem to make a fortune...""Yeah i saw some bum the other day with a better pair of nikes than me. Kinda depressing. I had a better coat though.

We are defined by the choices we make

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I used to know a guy that pulled in over three hundred dollars a day panhanding. Last year I saw a guy bumming change on a street corner. When I drove by later I saw the same guy get up and jump into his brand new Saturn sedan. I think I am in the wrong line of work.I've seriously considerd moving to San Francisco to be a professional panhandler. I still may.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.[This message has been edited by SickpuPpy (edited 09 January 2002).]

Jesus helps me trick people.

Firefairymember
115 posts

Posted:
There are some proffessional beggers out there who give a bad name to those who really do need the money. I was amazed at the amount of homless people in LA, even tho I lived in London for two years. As to street performance Naganootch - if your gonna do fire there's all these laws and insurance thingies you need. Without fire, your gonna need a mouth to draw the crowds and make em stay. I hate that bit so I get someone else to do it. Jokes and making them clap before you start brings more people over. Good luck

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
That's the easy part of busking...I tell them I'm only going to light up if I know they're going to a be a good audience, so they need to cheer and yell and clap really loud, otherwise I'll have to wait til a proper audience turns up...And so on during the show as well...------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?