Page:
Le Skunkmember
84 posts

Posted:
hey everybody
been not so into the poi for a while, but now into again...
new video coming soon. also, new website in the works. video, very soon, prolly tomorrow.

website gonna take a little longer...

peax

Skunk

Le Skunkmember
84 posts

Posted:
B-Complex

right click save as please...

enjoy

web page coming soon!

Skizlnutzlz

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
D/L'ing... 10megs on dialup it'll be about an hour still.. oh the suspence!

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
I was never really grateful for having broadband until you said that... in the time it took me to read that comment after choosing a download location, I had finished my download X_x

Great video, I'd wet myself using poi that freaking large.
EDITED_BY: MillenniuM (1070609122)

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
Yeah.. well its worse going from *having* broadband and moving out to college and being forced to go to dailup frown

As for the video, very nice.. that moonwalking fox or whatever it was confused me.. and there were some random video effects in there, but overall its better than I coulda done.. Great spinning too, love the between the legs stuff and the throws.. although I think you hit yourself in the back at one point wink

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
biggrin
he he.
not heard it yet, but watched.
Like you're doody little skunk animation.
Love the flow, and the really long and slow style, I guess thats what you get for being old skool smile
and dig some of the crazy big flowing sequences near the end. also the smooth split time butterfly and butterfly stuff and BTB eek
cool
Glass cool

Le Skunkmember
84 posts

Posted:
hehe

if you are confused by the skunk animation call it "artsy"
i'm working on some website animation stuff and decided to throw some fun in there...

as for the spinning lurch, yeah i hit myself in the back sometimes, it wasn't a planned performance or anything but just snippets from one set playing around trying some new moves, and i am not perfect...

glass thanx for the complements...whaddaya mean not heard is there a problem with the sound? it's compressed into mp3 format...oh i shoulda gone divx shouldn't i...

Skunk

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
nice vid..ey!! you were only an hr r so away from me in that vid!?! you play in ATL much?

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Nutty nut nuts...

Those things gotta weigh more than I do, bet yer arms were killin ya after that spin. I love the stall session in the beginning, looks like the clacky ball things... Awesome. All the BTB, waste wraps, between the legs, tosses... Excellent. Nasty vid Skunk.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Le Skunkmember
84 posts

Posted:
hey musashii,

i been living in the ATL for about 3 months...i will be here for a bit so when it warms up a little you should email me and we can meet up one day

royal thanx, as for wick size i usually just make them bigger every time i make new ones (i've gone thru 3 of 4 generations), at first it's tiring but they make you stronger!!! (eventually)

skunk

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
I mean I was at work, and theres only so much I can get do with the technology there smile :LOL:
cool heard it now, nice and chilled cool

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
warm schwarm, yer from NYC aren't you? ubblol took me at least a year to lower my body temp to acclimate after seattle wink

I'll send you an email anyways, I'll be up there off n on during the holidays, nye too, unless somethin better comes up, you're welcome to come down n chill(warm?) in augusta too, if you ever have time

peace

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I really liked the artsyness of the beginning animation, matched the music and the tone/attitude of your spinning style nicely.

And awesome spinning, I love all the butterfly variations and through the leg work.

Although I was expecting to see you work some break dancing into your spinning. Maybe next time smile

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
lurvely.

ta biggrin

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
I guess I shoulda known it was a skunk eh? I'm a lil slow at times wink

I keep watching this thing over and over, love your style, very smooth

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
Er...that was brilliant!

I love the start of your spinning! really f%cked with my head - cool!

you deserve to wear the superman t-shirt because that was!

nice one

smile dave

Le Skunkmember
84 posts

Posted:
ah breakdancing (read with a wistful yearn) well i'm glad somebody said something to get my motivation going in that direction again. truth is i kinda stopped trying cause my knee kept popping out of "alignment" but i think it's time to eat some cod livers and try again...

thanx knoxious, but that is not a "superman" shirt but a "skunk" shirt (smell it and you'll understand)

thanx bluecat, your vidz are great 2!!!

musashii new years eve should be a good time there are lots of fire people coming down from all over for that...

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Buy yourself an athletic knee brace smile

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
skunk, you rock!

Great video honey, cheers for that.

Nice to know you've been so productive during the season of hibernation.

Damn, why didn't I force you to teach me more badass moves when i saw you last? Bloody art project malarky - rolleyes - next time..... biggrin

hug

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

AchluophobiaBRONZE Member
Magical Sock Dancer
255 posts

Posted:
Nice stuff. I think I'll be watching this one a few more times. What kind of handles are you using to be able to do throws like that?

soldaribusy-tofu!
133 posts

Posted:
Fantastic vid! I'm glad you decided to share this with us. I love your butterfly/pendulum moves at the beginning - that is what they were, right? - ... very cool indeed. I look forward to the day I'll be able to do the same, hopefully with massive poi as well ubbrollsmile

there is no better way to say I love you than with the gift of a spatula!

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
When spring comes around, we gotta meet up, Skunk. NYC too! Philly aint far from NYC so Im sure Id be able to take a day trip to learn some n00 m00ves.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Great Video Skunk.

Love the throws and catches.

Cool under leg moves too smile

Spinning slowly is a rare thing these days, poiple tend to be in such a rush.

Keep up the good work.

m

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

Le Skunkmember
84 posts

Posted:
SUNBEAM!!!

hug

you force me to use an emoticon!!!

yeah next time we meet, we should just hang and proplie chill, whaddayasay? i've hand enough 30ft art projects for a while...

handles : about 3" diameter metal rings, they are not as comfortable as leather handles but there are obvious advantages...

butterfly pendulum sounds about right, we always used to call them stalls, but if you wanna get really technical i would say those are probably closer to double thread the needle butterfly pendulum, they have the same sort of rhythm to them...

royal, any time you wanna come up, NYC is doing a lot of teaching up there nowadays from what i hear, i think if we could only do something about his constant foul language expletives i would nominate him for poi ambassador of the year. i'm currently in atlanta but i'm sure i'll be going up there relatively often...

poi saw your site very nice hope to see more soon...

thanx everybody for the positive response, i hope this inspires some camcorder purchases...

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
im not a big poi person but i really like ur video, i have to ask though the first minute of it what is that all about?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Great Video,,very inspirational, looks great with wicks that huge and no ambient lighting you,,,,as a performer are clearly visible,,somthing I appreciate. Also love the slow style,after spinning at techno speeds for the last two weeks and just switching to a slower style myself this video is also timely,,,,,,gotta go practice now

Keep up the great work weavesmiley

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Loved the precision split time Bfly BTB WW stuff smile

nice and slow.

I'm going to make myself some big wicks. You and Nomad have inspired me smile

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Le Skunkmember
84 posts

Posted:
ben i would like to call that first minute art, but to be perfectly honest, i just got adobe premiere 7, and i was testing out the new effect automation features...
and my flash-video exporting capabilities...and having only one set on video, that stuff filled in the rest of the song nicely...

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Hell yeah Josh, big wicks are the way to go. (at LEAST 6 ft of kevlar in each week). Big wicks = very heavy after soacking = slow spinning possible (and very enjoyable). I don't think mine will ever get as big as Skunk's though. He's insane.

Nomad

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
yea josh, I was inspired too, made myself some nomad (and skunk) style big cats after you guys left. smile
with ball chain and self locking handles biggrin

eek I actually own some fire poi now!!
dem ruf
dem know dem ruf

hugs
A

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Doh...

My HDD crashed and I lost everything including this vid which is one of my favorites. Seems the vid is currently offline though. Any way I can get a new copy?

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

Page: