Forums > Social Chat > anyone know anything about contact juggling

Login/Join to Participate

aSh_vs_aODBRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
in sydney i cant find any contact juggling balls anywhere,any suggestion replacements or anything or of any books i could learn stuff about it thanxzeke

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
there's a place near the train station in Chatswood that has juggling stuff. I went there ages ago to buy a contact ball but walked out laughing about the huge profit he must be making.get em off the net, I say.https://www.contactjuggling.orgit's offline for the next few days, but is a great site with lots of moves and resource info.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

aSh_vs_aODBRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
no shit lol how much money we talking here??how safe would ya say the net is ordering stuff off it tho ya reckon??thanx a bundle dude!aw and hey is it easy to pick up??(learning to use the contact juggling balls)

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
Hey,The store at Chatswood no longer stocks juggling stuff. Plus they overcharged to the wazoo anyway. You can order them from Juggleart in Melbourne: www.juggleart.comIt's a very slow art to perfect. Months of practise without much 'Hey check this out!' factor for showing people. Then a point is reached where it starts to look quite good. For a humbling moment check the site Flashfire mentioned above. There's some REALLY talented dudes out there (same as watching some of the vids here smile)That said it's extremely rewarding to pull off a neat butterfly and the chuck some transfers in nice and fluidly. Good luck and enjoy.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Crap - just wrote a huge post then didn't submit it! Here is a summary of what I wrote:I can do a bit, lost interest cos of steep learning curve, but happy with what I can do smileLacrosse ball = best ball to start with. (You'll hear the same from most contact jugglers) It is good size, weight, texture and price (AUD$7)oranges/grapefruit are good for showing off in supermarkets. They have a nice texture and size, but not always round.Online Acrylic balls at:Dube for US$16-30 (depending on size and colour)Renegade Juggling have them for US$8-45 (including jet black and UV reactive!!)Get acrylic not crystal - about 10x cheaper and doesn't break.Clear acrylic balls can lead to burns in bright sunlight (works like a lens) An alternative is a jet black one - they look cool too.Lastly, I recommend buying the ball in person. You really don't want a wobbly ball. Spin it on a table to see any imperfections and pick the best you can find.------------------Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Neekomember
68 posts

Posted:
I highly recommend to anyone who wants to begin contact juggling to start with a rubber ball. Dube has got some great ones which are slightly larger than acrylic and regular juggling balls. The size and lighter weight of the rubber balls makes it easier to learn moves. This way you can work your way to becoming proficient with the acrylic balls rather tha starting right off with them. Also acrylic balls seem to like to try to land on anything around that could break.

aSh_vs_aODBRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
heh its very cool you people know so much about alot of things.i think im gonna get started pretty soon.thanx a bundle.i might try the lacrosse ball idea till i find somewhere cheap i can get it and just practice.thanx dudes-ash

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
My parents had two clear acrylics sitting in a draw, once I decided to take up Contact, I got a permanent loan smileI also have a wicked teacher, which helps heaps too...Bendy - you will have to show me your stuff! - come to twirling this friday - we will have a LOT of new ppl, and I'll set up a normal light so we can juggle smileJosh

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Oh god! I really don't have much to show! But ok smileYou didn't learn from Juggling Dave did you? He is awesome! It was freaky watching him juggle on NYE, 5 glowing red balls in the dark at the beach = very cool. Very smooth contact too (he was actually my insiration to start it - at the same goa night I first saw you twirl fire grin)

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut