Forums > Social Chat > When Jehovas Witnesses Knock...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i would like to start with that i dont mean offence to anyone who is a jehovas witness or mormon. to be honest i actually think they have a lot of guts to do what they do!

but i had a visit from 2 today. the first ive had in years. and of course now that they've left i think of all the smart-ass questions.

but to start off with my bloody dog! she's big. and usually she growls when people come at the door (cos she's a cowardly thing!)....and guess what! the JWs arrive and she decides to just pace the hallway!
so i was poilte at first...said i didnt believe in god, believed in evolution (she found it difficult to believe in evolution! and creationism isnt more hard to believe??!!) then i asked why they didnt take blood transfusions...that was more like it! things got more interesting!

but of course i thort of all the other really good questions once the door was shut...the reason they dont take blood is cos it says so in the bible...but in the bible it says "thou shall consume the herb of the land" which is the rastafarians excuse for the pot smoking...so i should have asked about that! ubblol

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
wow Kombi guy, your place sounds cool. I wanna come stay for a few days! I promise to scare off any JWs that come around while I'm there!

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Kombi guyBRONZE Member
HOP OM
225 posts

Posted:
A friend mentioned this theory to me, which also made me laugh. ubblol

Maybe, just maybe, they were lost stopped in to ask for directions saw all the fire sticks, a selection of fire staffs, numerous fire poi designs, fire clubs, poi, flags, juggling balls, photos of people twirling fire not to mention all the crystals and cacti that are in every window. Suddenly thinking to themselves Hmmmmm got a strange lot here?!? Hence the hand written note that was left on the doorstep!?! ubbrollsmile weavesmiley

Kombi guyBRONZE Member
HOP OM
225 posts

Posted:
Hey V,
My door is always open to fellow fire people. You might have to leave big J in your basement though. Hang on, what the hell, bring him too I could handle throwing a few questions his way.
I wonder if hes ever been on a plane, first time flyers, you know what there like!

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
not knocking on doors is enough to get you shunned out of the organization.

Actually my aunt got shunned because she attended the wedding of her daughter (who decided to tell the JW church to go to hell at an early age) The thing is she had remained in contact with her agaisnt their orders. Now she's borderline suicidal because her entire support network of friends are gone.
Thankfully she has family to support her (who didn't abandon her like she abandoned them)

Sorry theres something overly sinister about that church and I outright hate them. A girl I went to school with was a JW and she was miserable the whole time she was in school, mainly because she couldn't live a natural and happy life because her family was so controlling. She has insanely high grades (like top in the school) but isn't allowed to go to college, and recently she had an arranged marriage to a 30 year old man.

Do you know what I would like to see? Id like to see EVERYONE know just how horrible the JW's are and know all the dirty little facts about their organization, and id like to see the JW's themselves know this because they are all victims of a cult.

They spread hate, tear familys apart, take in insane amounts of money from their members (supposedly it goes to charity+the publication of evangelistic material but I really really don't buy this) and use terror and guilt tactics on their own members. They wrote their own bible, which they regulary revise. It is in no shape and form similar to any other translation of the bible.

Bah.

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
Astar i whole heartedly agree with you I've seen how JW's destroy lives.

Maybe we should petition for a public inquiry into there Church? Have them listed as a cult? Start a public awarness campaign?

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

i read in my legal studies book about a case where a new born needed a blood transfusion, but its JW parents refused so the child was made a ward of the state....so i asked this JW about it. she said the parents had every right to refuse the treatment, and that it shouldnt be made a ward of the state. so i said about how it was an innocent child why should they deserve to die....she said it was the parents choice and that there are many other options......and guess what! an option to a blood transfusion is a heart transplant! so apparently its ok to transfer organs but not blood.....but correct me if im wrong here lightning - but a heart transplant without a blood transfusion????

There are a few centers that can do a blood-conserving procedure, However, there IS still blood in the organ.

Fact is that it is NOT the right of parents to deny needed medical care to a child of theirs. They may make medical decisions and must consent to all medical care, but they may not deny life-saving medical care to a child.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
Quote:

My sister has to walk past the Tottenham Court Road branch every day.

total random thought....i actually know exactly where that is! i mean, i even remember where that branch is (i don't know why, but it popped out at me when i walked past it). for some odd reason, i find that really cool. it's so fun to hear people talk about london and actually know what and where they are talking about. does anyone else ever have this experience? like watching a movie that is set in a place you used to live or visit? i miss london frown

ok, back to more serious conversations....

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Quote:

does anyone else ever have this experience? like watching a movie that is set in a place you used to live or visit?

You know, that never was sopmething I noticed till I moved to South Africa. But now when I am watching a movie or TV, I'm like, "I've been there!"

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Arakrysmember
34 posts

Posted:
Spanner, you said: " the speakers were attempting to hypnotise the patients"
how can we recognize that?

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
i like your ideas kaji-kun...

i have also heard that playing death metal loudly, having a friend (or you, if you're by yourself!) scream like a banshee (well, not exactly like a banshee - just souns like you've been hurt really badly!), then answering the door holding a 'blood-stained' knife (tomato sauce will do - i'm sure they won't notice) works quite well too.

a window near the front door (or at least one with a view of the door) helps too. this way you can just sit tight until they go away! just make sure the music/tv isn't too loud or they'll just keep knocking!

i once opened the door to find a pair of jw's standing there, pamphlets in hand. i didn't say a word...i just shut the door again and went about whatever the hell i was doing before they interrupted me! i went to the window to hide/watch, and after a minute or two they left, looking confused.

weavesmiley

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
when i was in highschool, and a friend was around at my house, two nice young mormon men knocked on the door.
this was too good an opportunity to miss, so we invited them in, and acted very gay.... perhaps overacting is a better word.

when we started openly argueing which mormon was the cutest [among other things wink], and suggested they loosed their ties a bit, they quickly remembered a pressing engagement at another house they had forgotten about.
the urgency to escape was accelerated by a few pats on the bum as they trotted out the front door.

ahhhh.... memories.... ubblol

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
ubblol to this thread

Did you know, in England you can legally throw a leaflet a Jehovas Witness gives you back in their face? So long as you don't like run after them and go kapow, that's harrasement or something....

I personally wouldn't do it, I know some JW's and haven't had the pleasure of seeing any up my road, see them doing the rounds though.

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
I know the post is old but they just came to my door, didn't stay long, handed over leaflets and left, I think it could've been my dark metal, whatever the hell it was, I don't listen to it usually but it was very loud and dark. I should put my techno on: "acid...... acid...... music...acid...music......nothing to do with 'rugs"

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

Laytinmember
111 posts

Posted:
Okay, their religion says no to transfusions and what not, I can understand that from a medical point of view that it is a really stupid rule/law/whatever, but is it really ethical to have the courts (who in my opion should have no power due to seperation between church and state) step in?

I agree that for the sake of the childs life that it would be the wrong decision to let the child die just because they dont believe in the transfusion.

Pounce, I understand what you are saying and where you are comming from, but I feel that your feelings twords this war might have had a bit of influence on your feelings of the sign. Go back to WWII what if the same scenario happend except it was a sign with guns on it with Hitler's picture? What if the child was a Jew? Is there any fact that was unseen to you that might change you mind?

Wisdom calls aloud in the street, she raises her voice in the public squares; at the head of noisy streets she cries out, in the gateways of the city she makes her speech:

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
no nothing would change my mind on it because i would never advocate a violent stance, particularly with a child. whether or not i agree with this war, i do agree saddam was a poor leader and a horrible person. that does not, however, justify wanting to kill him or hurt him. and i would never allow a child to take a violent and negative stance. if it was WWII and the child was jewish, i would still take the same stance. advocate peaceful means to remove the person from power, but don't encourage violence.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Laytinmember
111 posts

Posted:
Ohh ohh since we are on the subject of hating someone because they are following a religion that we view as wrong and stupid, lets start on the damn jews, native americans gays/lesbians and anyone else that doesnt fit into our little mold of what a person should be like!!

Damn I realised that I only had read a portion of the second page but holy hell people isnt there enough negitive crap in this world do we really need to be so damn rude as to hate on people who arnt even here to defend themselves?

Here let me give you some examples:

From Astar
Quote:

The only thing worse then JW's is scientologists

Quote:

if you want to make them squirm ask them about the discrepencys about their bible and everyone elses bible, and the credentials of the "biblical languages studnets" who translated it. Also ask them about their endless false prophecies of the end of the world (which they always state are based on scripture and gods word, where there is absolutly no evidence to back it up)

Margita, who is clearly proud of his/her actions
Quote:

so this guy started going on about his religion & i said i wasn't interested, but like a true jw he kept going. i said 'look, i don't want to swear at you in front of the girl but please go away.' he came back with some lame thing. then i asked why he had the girl, she clearly looked hot, grumpy and completely buggered. i told him that he shouldn't drag the poor kid around on such a hot day, then slammed the door in his face

Vanize
Quote:

JWs can go take a long walk off a short pier (that happens to be over a fresh lava flow) as far as I am concerned

Kaji-kun
Quote:

Maybe we should petition for a public inquiry into there Church? Have them listed as a cult? Start a public awarness campaign?

Also your little script is bogus man, sure you got woken up but wow your just an ass hole!

Narr
Quote:

and JW!! i had a few that came to my door one and i smiled and politely said that i wasnt interested and closed the door ... then thy stayed on the porch for like 10 mins occassionally knocking the door!! i had t tell them to pi$$ off in the end!! im sure they just out to annoy people!

Now my computer isnt loading the whole thread, as usual rolleyes, but I would bet dollars to pesos that there are more hate filled statments out there. I know this thread was not started with hatefull intentions but what a prime example of what really should not be posted here! Yes I realise that I posted something above, though I cant even read that right now, I know it had no hate in it what so ever! My suggestion is that this post be completly removed from the chat forum. This is disgusting. Nobody deserves to be treated like what has be said above! You make me sick!

Wisdom calls aloud in the street, she raises her voice in the public squares; at the head of noisy streets she cries out, in the gateways of the city she makes her speech:

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I love people who go out of their way to be offended.

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
He does it so well too,
isn't he just scrummy ? ubblove
kiss
squarefish

(Raymund? oh Raaymuund...I know you're in here... ubblolsomewhere)

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I love people who go out of their way to be offended.

so do I. If you don't like it don't read it, don't listen to it, don't watch it, etc...

It's like the 50 year old mom "re-educator" who complained about the swearing and poor grammer in the campus newspaper. (The only questionable grammer I could find was in the letter section particularly said mom's letter). No one makes her pick up these weekly puplications. In fact there are free National Post Newpapers right beside the campus ones...

Quote:

Raymund? oh Raaymuund...I know you're in here... somewhere

Yes he does do it very well. As well as Raymund did in fact.... hmmmm.... umm

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Yes I realise that I posted something above, though I cant even read that right now, I know it had no hate in it what so ever!

are you entirely sure of that? perhaps you did not explicitly make hateful statements but you sure encouraged it. would you like a reminder?

Quote:

Pounce, I understand what you are saying and where you are comming from, but I feel that your feelings twords this war might have had a bit of influence on your feelings of the sign. Go back to WWII what if the same scenario happend except it was a sign with guns on it with Hitler's picture? What if the child was a Jew? Is there any fact that was unseen to you that might change you mind?

(the bold is my emphasis)

sounds to me like you're encouraging hate toward hitler. now i'm not saying he's not a horrible person and isn't necessarily deserving of it, but hate is hate. and when you give hate to something, you just encourage the perpetuation of it, in both good and bad instances. how about compassion instead, forgiveness, heck even pity. you're going on about how people on here are spouting hatred but most of what i read was frustration and opinions. was it ok for them to express them in the way they did? maybe. maybe not. but you turned right around and expressed anger and hatred right back at them in the same manner.

Quote:

This is disgusting. Nobody deserves to be treated like what has be said above! You make me sick!

like i said, hate is hate.

**giggles**

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
Be careful Pounce,
The name may be different but the tactics are almost identical frown,
Check the profiles of the people about whom I speak, one gives their location as San Diego Ca, the other as "the bottom left of the US"

Be careful, be vewy,vewy careful...just like Elmer Fudd
-s- ubbangel

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
be careful?? why????

**giggles**

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
I say next time they come to your door tell them time is money and if their version of jesus is so importante then they should give you twenty bucks a piece. and when they say all they want to do is bring jesus into your house tell them that if he's comeing too that will be another twenty bucks! ubbtickled wink ubbloco

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Be careful Pounce,
Check the profiles of the people about whom I speak, one gives their location as San Diego Ca, the other as "the bottom left of the US"

-s- ubbangel

hehe squarefish is right if it isn't Ray, it's his twin brother.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Quote:

I say next time they come to your door tell them time is money and if their version of jesus is so importante then they should give you twenty bucks a piece. and when they say all they want to do is bring jesus into your house tell them that if he's comeing too that will be another twenty bucks! ubbtickled wink ubbloco

Charge him double for his second-coming wink

Laytinmember
111 posts

Posted:
Kaji-kun you are right, if I don’t like it I shouldn’t read it, but how can I tell if I don’t like it before I read it? And when I do read it, dont I have the right to my own opinion of something?

Pounce, I did hate what they said, that is very very true. Let me ask you though, where was their compassion, pity, forgiveness for being woken up at 8:00 on a Saturday morning? It is only sleep, and you can get more of that. I have never heard of a JW hurting someone who didn’t accept what they said, but people Kaji-Kun who stands at his door swearing at them, really don’t do anything good now do they?

Well... you can take what I said about Hitler as a hate message against the man and what he did if you wish, that is your prerogative, but there is something that you must come to terms with. Hitler, is dead, I cant offend him. These people are still alive and can be offended. Though I am not sure if anybody here cares, well perhaps other than a few people. It may sound hateful to you but it may also just be an opinion and some frustration.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Quote:

Be careful Pounce,

-s- ubbangel

hehe squarefish is right if it isn't Ray, it's his twin brother.

hrm....what's the point in posting under a different name once you've decided to "leave" the board? why the desire to remain anonymous? (not that it is apparently working) i have no problems stating my opinions and standing by them no matter what people think of me. i'd feel hypocritical otherwise....

**giggles**

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Pounce, I did hate what they said, that is very very true. Let me ask you though, where was their compassion, pity, forgiveness for being woken up at 8:00 on a Saturday morning? It is only sleep, and you can get more of that. I have never heard of a JW hurting someone who didn’t accept what they said, but people Kaji-Kun who stands at his door swearing at them, really don’t do anything good now do they?

Well... you can take what I said about Hitler as a hate message against the man and what he did if you wish, that is your prerogative, but there is something that you must come to terms with. Hitler, is dead, I cant offend him. These people are still alive and can be offended. Though I am not sure if anybody here cares, well perhaps other than a few people. It may sound hateful to you but it may also just be an opinion and some frustration.

it seems to me though that you're avoiding my original point entirely which was that i feel it is wrong to encourage hate and violence in children. end point. i don't care how heinous and wrong the issue is, encouraging hatred and violence in children will never amount to anything good. i'm sure hitler was raised in a home that encouraged hatred and intolerance. as did saddam, pol pot, heck probably even george w. bush. to be honest, i don't have problems with people expressing anger and frustration and sometimes even hate. i was simply pointing out some discrepancies between what you preached and what you were doing. but my original post, if you go back and read it carefully, was simply stating how angry i was at those parents for bringing their children to a rally and allowing them to hold negative signs that encouraged hate and violence.

i know hitler is dead and i'm damn happy about that. and i am fine with attempting to offend saddam. but 1) saddam wasn't at that rally, he didn't see those signs and never will. that rally was for the citizens of fresno. it was small, it wasn't televised, and it was, for the most part, to encourage the public to support the troops (the central valley is a big military community). and secondly, you asked "what if it was WWII and it was a jewish child holding a sign with hitler's name on it?" so in that scenario, hitler wouldn't have been dead, and it would have still be another attempt to encourage a child to promote violence and hatred.

so since you didn't seem to get my point in the last 2 or 3 posts, let me state it again one last time. encouraging hatred and violence in children is wrong. that was all i was saying. that's a personal opinion, but it's also a psychological fact. this isn't a video game we're talking about. this is real people, real life. there's no blurred lines there.

**giggles**

Laytinmember
111 posts

Posted:
Okay, I understood what you meant. I'm not in the least bit confused by what you said. You however seem to be confused what I am saying. My comments about Hitler and what not, were said to approach your opinion from a different angle, just so that I may understand it a bit more. This was lost on you, or so it seams. However, you seem to be avoiding my question, so I will repeat it... Where were their compassion, pity, and forgiveness for being woken up at 8:00 on a Saturday morning?

Just a little insight on me, "hate" is one emotion I strive not to feel. It doesn’t lead to anything good; there is no situation in the world that can be solved with hate. Keep that in mind next time you think that I promote the teaching of hate to children. You and others assume I am someone that I am not. That is really starting to get old. You don’t know anything about me so please stop pretending and please stop trying analyze me.

Page: