Forums > Social Chat > When Jehovas Witnesses Knock...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i would like to start with that i dont mean offence to anyone who is a jehovas witness or mormon. to be honest i actually think they have a lot of guts to do what they do!

but i had a visit from 2 today. the first ive had in years. and of course now that they've left i think of all the smart-ass questions.

but to start off with my bloody dog! she's big. and usually she growls when people come at the door (cos she's a cowardly thing!)....and guess what! the JWs arrive and she decides to just pace the hallway!
so i was poilte at first...said i didnt believe in god, believed in evolution (she found it difficult to believe in evolution! and creationism isnt more hard to believe??!!) then i asked why they didnt take blood transfusions...that was more like it! things got more interesting!

but of course i thort of all the other really good questions once the door was shut...the reason they dont take blood is cos it says so in the bible...but in the bible it says "thou shall consume the herb of the land" which is the rastafarians excuse for the pot smoking...so i should have asked about that! ubblol

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
rolleyes

since when is having a discussion about something pretending to know anything about you? i'm not analyzing you, i was pointing out things you said and things you did and asking for clarification so that i could get to know you and your opinions a little bit more. if you can't take criticism of your opinions, i suggest you stop posting. and i did answer your question, before you even asked it. i stated that the people expressing their opinions on here may have been wrong in the manner they expressed it. but they may not have. i personally interpreted it not as a lack of compassion but venting some frustration. i stated that in my post responding to your frustration. your post about hitler wasn't "lost" on me. go back and read exactly what i said to you. i know why you stated that, to point out a different angle, but my viewpoint was still the same. do i honestly need to state it again? just because i didn't agree with your point of view doesn't mean it was lost on me.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Laytinmember
111 posts

Posted:
Pounce, I agree with you, yes it is absolutly wrong to teach hate to a child. We are on the same page there. We both went off on eachother for the wrong reason. I apologise to you for that. It was not my intent.

Wisdom calls aloud in the street, she raises her voice in the public squares; at the head of noisy streets she cries out, in the gateways of the city she makes her speech:

MoohaahaaBRONZE Member
enthusiast
382 posts

Posted:
I have a story of JW's

Once upon a time, I went to the toilet.

Then some JW's came to the door

My friend downstairs answered

He had a t-shirt on, which he had recently made, which said 'GOD IS GAY'

The JH's left after a while

Moral of the story; whatever is controling the universe definately has a sense of humour

ubblol ubblol
EDITED_BY: Moohaahaa (1073582526)

Some things you have to see to believe, but
Some things you have to believe in to see.

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
*Pokes head back in*

I don't hate Jehovas Witnesses

ubblol @ sense of humour

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Quote:

He does it so well too,
isn't he just scrummy ? ubblove
kiss
squarefish

(Raymund? oh Raaymuund...I know you're in here... ubblolsomewhere)

Thank you very much there Squarefishy for that written invitation. Well… I see that people have been talking about me once again! You would think that when someone leaves for a little while that they would all just let the past be the past, oh well… it does remind me of a line from a song by my favorite rapper Eminem “Everybody wants to discuss me, this must mean I’m discussing, but it’s just me I’m just cussing” anyhow… Let me ask yall this, do you really sit around at your little gatherings and talk about little old me? I know I have been the topic of discussion before (especially in Oz) but wow am I still that big of a topic that one would still drag old junk from the bottom of the pile just to have a little fun at my absent self?

Now, now, don’t fret; I am not here to cause grief or trouble, just to put my two cents in on a topic that I have been invited to. If you are wondering who invited me, look to yourselves, Squarefish, Kaji-kun, and a few others. I know that people have been missing me. You know who I really miss, Frostypaw… where is that old devil anyway. It seems when I stopped posting so did he. I wonder why that is? Could it be that he was someone’s alter ego a character created to battle the “evil” that is Raymund? If so I wonder who he really was? Oh I have my ideas, but I will keep those to myself.

Now there, you see… I have gotten way off the subject of the post here… any how allow me to add my part in all this (even if you don’t allow me I will do it anyway).

The JW is a backwards cult, and nothing good can come from them. Personally anyone who holds no allegiance to a country shouldn’t live there. So that whole following should up and vacate. They have never done good, but as I always try to do, I can find something good about them. What I would give to have their dedication. I must and all of you must admit that they show courage in knocking on people’s doors and sharing their faith. Whatever the motivation is behind the courage… that’s another topic all together.

You see that wasn’t so bad now was it? You know I think I will start popping into random threads… I think I’ll start with that either/or thread. I have been reading it for some time and you know it seems a lot like fun. smile

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
hehe hello Ray. Long time no see. I suppose I did have a part in inviting you in. I do admit that things have been kinda boring around here without you causing general outrage in random threads.

And as Ray isn't arguing niether will I. but I do have a question:

Quote:

Personally anyone who holds no allegiance to a country shouldn’t live there.

Does that mean that JW's consider themselves a seperate entity from the country they live in? That they don't recognize it's authority? I didn't know this. Can you elaborate on this Ray?

Oh and I'm not Frostypaw if you think it's me (as I used to go by Frost). Although I have a pretty good Idea who Frostypaw is though, if they are an alias.

Ok so I was wrong about Laytin identity maybe they are a unique person after all.

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
laytin I appreciate that you are trying to put your point accross but calling Kaji kun names doesnt do you justice after your spiel about compassion for other people

Quote:

Also your little script is bogus man, sure you got woken up but wow your just an ass hole!

frown maybe you should look at yourself befor you point the finger at other people

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Chotysmember
91 posts

Posted:
how is Laytin's prejudice against people who hate religous people and the such any more justifiable than the actual people with prejudice against religous people? Either im way too stupid to make point of this whole bias campaign (which is quite possible) or someone here is a big hipocrit...(now im gonna go wait by the door for bible bashers with my nine iron...)

:Chotys:

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
ubbangel*Walks up to Chotys door inocently, "I sur do hope Chotys likes these bibles I got 'em" ubbangel

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Chotysmember
91 posts

Posted:
Arsn, you are an absolute pissa mate, that gave me one of those "if i dont stop laughing im gonna pass out" laughs, nice. But i suppose if you did turn up at my door we could sit down with the bibles, attach a few lengths of ball chain, get some kero...(oooh...im going straight to hell for that one...and anyone who giggles at the thought of swinginf fire poi bibles in coming with me!!!).

:Chotys:

Laytinmember
111 posts

Posted:
Well... Valura, you are right it was wrong for me to call him an [censored] and then ask where his forgiveness and compassion were. I was hypocritical there. I am not going to give an apology because to me he was a prime example of an [censored].

Chotys, I don’t consider myself prejudice against people who don’t like religious people. You can not like someone and not be blatantly aggressive towards them.
Like Pounce said, nobody should teach hate. I think it would be safe to say that she feels that nobody should teach hate to a child as well as adults. So those that were hating on the JW's for whatever reason are wrong in their actions.

Like I said before I was a bit hypocritical, but that is life. You can’t be perfect all the time and if you think you can... can you come do my statistics homework?
ubbangel

Wisdom calls aloud in the street, she raises her voice in the public squares; at the head of noisy streets she cries out, in the gateways of the city she makes her speech:

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I've read this thread and I don't see where this wholehate buzz is coming into it. Fair enough people were dissing JWs, but I don't think they particularly hate them, so much as they feel irritated by them or sharing humourous stories about their meetings. Bit of over reaction going on me thinks ubbangel

On the issue of alias' I don't think it's a nice thing to do. Do people really use them? eek I really wouldn't like to think that someone I'm talking to is actually not a person at all. Yuck, what sickly idee. The only time someone should use one, in my opinion, is if they want anonoymous advice on something for whatever reason.

This whole thread has just degenerated into stooopidity spank At this stage you can't even to agree to disagree. I respectively suggest dropping it or getting back on topic ubbangel

hug

*runs for door*

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
That's not the stoopidity I was refering to Arsn. ubblol

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

If you don't like it don't read it, don't listen to it, don't watch it, etc...

That works fine until it knocks on your door in the middle of a shower and acts very pushy such that it's difficult to make it go away.

That works fine until it starts to try to change public policy to match its views.

And then I get pissed off. Very pissed off.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

2,905 posts

Posted:
Umm Mike, I know it takes some degree of intelligence to get into med school... now, a smart person would just shut the door and then used the power of "ignore" that the problem would correct itself. But, it is always better to be pissed off than pissed on wink

Perhaps if you just didn’t get out of the shower? Perhaps if you grew some thicker skin and just stared at them with a blank look on your face until they shut up? If you get pissed off over a JW at your door, what are you going to be like when a life saving operation isn’t going your way? Are you going to get pissed off and then start getting sloppy? I am not cracking on your medical skills, but you and I both know that during something that important it is imperative that you maintain control of you and yours. Getting emotional will lead to sloppiness. Use that attitude with a JW at your door. Water off of a ducks back and all that good stuff.

wan hwo renmember
86 posts

Posted:
Laytin/Ray (how about Raytin????) is definitely right to some degree.

I agree with him that a lot of people have been hypocritical on this thread. Sure people that push their religious views on others are extremely annoying, but I don't think that justifies some of the comments made here. I think there would have been a lot more objections if the same comments had been made about some other group.

On the other hand, many of the comments almost made me pee myself laughing, I like Dentrassi's exagerated gayness!! ubbloco Adding humor to an otherwise annoying situation has got to be one of the best ways of dealing with it. Advocating hate and violence (even in jest) is not a good way of dealing with it.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Quote:

what are you going to be like when a life saving operation isn’t going your way? Are you going to get pissed off and then start getting sloppy

That has nothing to do with the topic at all and is unfair to question Dr mike's medical professinalisim. I do not think he is the type of person that would let emotion cloud his medical judgement. He is trained for that sort of thing. I know you said you wernt cracking on his medical abilitys, but that whole quote is unfair and beside the point

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

2,905 posts

Posted:
Umm ya okay wan hoe ren and stimpy next question please

Anyhow Valura, it wasn’t a crack on his medical proficiency, like I know that I said. It was a question to make Mike and Mike alone think about why he was really getting pissed off. If he is trained for the worst when it comes to a life saving operation, perhaps he should use that training in other aspects of his life. I am sorry, but you just read into that wrong. The quoted questions are very much to the point and were not a personal attack. I'm sorry you felt otherwise, have a nice day
smile

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
*hides* cos this thread was mine to begin with...

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
Quote:

On the other hand, many of the comments almost made me pee myself laughing, I like Dentrassi's exagerated gayness!! Adding humor to an otherwise annoying situation has got to be one of the best ways of dealing with i

thank you daaaaarling! wink kiss

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
no way Ray... you need to watch how your writing
Quote:

If he is trained for the worst when it comes to a life saving operation, perhaps he should use that training in other aspects of his life.

why should he have to? Its ok to be detatched for professinal reasons, but it is completly unhealthy to be walking around constantly pushing away HEALTHY emotion because something pissed you off....anger is ok to experience. It doesnt mean that Dr mike is anti religion... it simply means he doesnt agree with having his day interupted and other peoples religious views pushed on him..and that would piss me off too... I respect their views, so I would appreciate them respecting mine.
Say for example Ray, you are extremly patriotic to your country and then somebody told you that what you believed in was a joke and bush was a dictator freak... Im sure that would make you angry... and if it doesnt, why do you bother posting so aggressivley if you dont feel passionatley about it?
I took into consideration that you were not attacking dr mikes medical skills as I said in the post, but you dont need to bring his work into it...not fair.
But thank you Ray I am having a wonderful day ubbtickled

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ray, it's ironic that you say mike should just shut the door at the JW's if he doesn't want to listen, get a thicker skin, etc., and yet you also believe we should have compassion and understanding. the fact that mike would get annoyed at having to listen to the JW's shows that he is listening to them to begin with, i.e. he is being polite and considerate and not hateful. but he's still allowed to feel frustrated. that doesn't mean he has hate. i'm the same way. i can't stand getting calls from telemarketers but i still sit on the phone and politely wait for them to stop talking so i can find a way to get off the phone without being rude and just hanging up. it's called manners. i was raised to be considerate of other people, and that includes of religion, sexuality, race, ethnicity, gender, age, etc. it doesn't mean i enjoy everytime a JW or a Mormon comes to my front door, or that i enjoy when i get a call from a telemarketer, or that i enjoy hearing righteous tirades from people about their culture. but i listen, and i be polite, and i consider what they are saying and doing, and i learn. shutting the door in their face would be closer to hatred, imo.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

2,905 posts

Posted:
Um gee... now you are assuming that I think he is anti-religion, I don't. I am simply stating that he can and should use the methods learned to help keep himself in control. Getting pissed off at a person who is living their life, not hurting anyone, and genuinely think that they have his best interests at heart, is not only unhealthy, but unethical, rude, crude and socially unacceptable. I mean doing drugs is fine if you're not hurting anyone, but try to share a religion and you should be drawn and quarterd on Sunday at noon!

I wasn't bringing his work into it to be unfair, I was drawing a parallel. Trying to use a real life example of how one practice can be used in not only one other area of human life, but in many.

With all that aside, I am glad you had a good day smile my Friday wasn't wasn't the best I had ever had, but all in all it was a good day too smile

Um Pounce when did I ever say that he should have compassion? Now, did I tell him to rudely shut the door in their face? Nope, afraid not sister. I said to shut the door, IE

Mike: *opens the door* uhh hello
JW: Hello, have you found Jesus?
Mike: I'm sorry, I am really not interested, have a good day. *shuts the door and ignores their repeated knocking and ringing of the bell*

While it isn't the most polite thing in the world, it isn't rude either. It isn't hateful, it is waiting for a key opportunity in their message to terminate the conversation early and then avoid them all together.

But wait!! Why am I the bad guy here. So far I have pretty much agreed with the consensus that the JWs are rather annoying, and so far I have offered only plausible advice, like not getting out of the shower, waiting for them to shut up, ignoring them when they are at your door, things like that. In fact none of those suggestions even mentioned any negative activity. So why are you hunting me? Why are you watching me? Why don't you go after people like that Kaji kid who was so kind as to post his rather vulgar comments. Why don't you put him under the neighborhood watch program instead of coming after me? I am sorry some things that I write go over your head, is it really my fault that you can't comprehend what I am saying? To not only the supprise of myself and possibly others, not only have I not even sworn, but I haven't really even been rude to anyone... unless you count what I said to Wan hwo ren, but he kinda deserved it.

Yall have a great weekend and for those Stateside, I hope you enjoy your three day weekend next week smile peace biggrin

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

It was a question to make Mike and Mike alone think about why he was really getting pissed off. If he is trained for the worst when it comes to a life saving operation, perhaps he should use that training in other aspects of his life. I am sorry, but you just read into that wrong. The quoted questions are very much to the point and were not a personal attack. I'm sorry you felt otherwise, have a nice day
smile

Ray, it's not fair to parallel the two.

Would it be fair for me to ask you if you'd follow an order that enforced a policy with which you have voiced disagreement on this board?

No, we all have important jobs to do and don't allow our emotions to cloud our judgement when we are doing our work. So from now on, leave my work out of it.

And I think it's quite fair to get pissed off at people who knock on the door to your house more than once a week to try to convert you. It happens to people who live in Salt Lake City. I have no problems with the LDS church. I respectfully disagree with them on many issues, but I fully acknowledge and support their right to exist. However, when it knocks on my door over and over again, when it spams me with E-mail, when it calls me on the phone, it's nothing but harrassment.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Why don't you go after people like that Kaji kid who was so kind as to post his rather vulgar comments. Why don't you put him under the neighborhood watch program instead of coming after me?

Ummm vulgar comments? when was I making vulgar comments? Oh and don't call me kid. I'm not a kid.

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
im confused as well!
<------ just look at my facial expression! ubblol

i couldnt find the aforementioned vulgar comments either. must be getting old and blind. perhaps stupid as well. ubbloco

good to see things have picked up where there left off..... umm

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

2,905 posts

Posted:
Mike, it is a fair parallel, even your example is fair. My job is to follow orders, even if I don't like it. I will respect your request to leave your work out of it though.

Did you know that by law, that they can send you as many emails as they want, come to your house whenever they want, even call you on the phone! Untill you put a "no soliciter" sign on your door you can't say anything to the law about them. Untill you make use of the "don't call list" you can't say anything about them calling you and I do highly suggest that you just get an email with a spam blocker on it, or just change emails.

Kaji, what you said may not have been a quote from something you said but it was still vulgar.

Quote:

for me a JW encounter would go like this:

asleep in bed minding my own business
Kazeko (grumbling sleeply and poking me): There's someone knocking on the f**king door.
I'm now half awake with no intention of untangling myself from Kazeko and geting out of our warm bed to answer the door.
Me ( thinking it's just the super saying she's going to be away for a week): They'll go away just go back to sleep hun.
they don't go away
Me (grumbling as I walked to the door}: This had better be bloody important...
I open the door and look out into the hallway. oh you're f**king me!
JW 1 and 2 (as the always travel in pairs): Good Morning!
Me (thinking): what the h*ll's morning?
JW 1: Have you found Jesus yet my son
oh I ain't your son buddy, if I were I'd shot myself
Me: Yah he's in the living room drinking beer and downloading porn off kazza
provided they don't leave at this point
JW 2: To speak of the king in such a way is sinful
ignoring that
Me: Why are you still here? How the f**k did you get in here anyway?
JW: I think you need to read Watchtower my child your language is vile
if he calls me child or son one more time that stack of watchtowers is going up his @ss
Me: If I take your hate material will you bugger off?
JW: yes
I take the WT and slam the door. And walk over to my patio doors while crumpling the WT in a tight ball. Then Opening the door I throw the WT ball with all my strength at the head of the nearest JW walking away from the building. Then going back to bed and telling Kazeko it was JW's and going back to sleep. The alarm goes off 5 minutes later. AARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!.

Ohh sure you censored yourself but it isnt like you can't tell what you're saying.

Well either way, it was just an example of how worse things have been said and yet look... three or four posts into my return and kapow it is the World against Ray and I have yet to say anything really that wrong.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I'll look in from time to time, just to see who is causing what grief, perhaps if you are lucky I'll cause a little of my own!

ubblol [censored]!n righteous sig ray biggrin

hope you are keeping well wave

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Well… I see that people have been talking about me once again! You would think that when someone leaves for a little while that they would all just let the past be the past, oh well… it does remind me of a line from a song by my favorite rapper Eminem “Everybody wants to discuss me, this must mean I’m discussing, but it’s just me I’m just cussing”

misquoting your favourite rapper isn't very nice though dude wink

"Everybody only wants to discuss me
So this must mean I'm disgusting
But it's just me I'm just obscene"

i think this line from the same song gives one an impression of the air you give off man:

"But no matter how many fish in the sea
It'll be so empty, without me".

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

2,905 posts

Posted:
Coleman, wow, this is a surprise. An old sparing partner returns with a good point. Alas, I must confess that I do not have the song memorized, and it appears that I did misquote it. Ohh well... if I was perfect, the world would end, so I guess that it is a good thing that I make errors. Thank you for pointing that out, and your little addition is well... it wouldn't be my choice of words but I'll take it as the compliment that it is. smile

Page: