Forums > Social Chat > Newbie Poi Spinner joins the club

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Dru Lee Parsecmember
78 posts

Posted:
Hi Folks:Well I just ordered 2 sets of Poi and the poi video and now I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival here inSane Diego.I've been lurking a bit and you seem to have a really good group of people here. Please allow me to introduce myself to the Poi clan.I am a former juggler and former member of the "Several San Diegans Who Juggle" juggling club. My juggling partner and I were once know as "Spatial Olympics". I can juggle 3 and 4 balls and flash 5. I can juggle 3 and 4 clubs and pass 7. (Torches too) I also do devil sticks (Flaming and non)But, as time went on the folks in the SSDWJ finished school and went away, or got married and went away, or got arrested and were taken away, so I havn't juggled with other people for about 7 years now. frownSo I ordered 2 sets of Poi for me and my wife (Shh! Don't tell her, it's a secret) I think it's going to be something new and cool for us to learn together. And it's also something we can easily bring with us camping and backpacking. Should be fun!I just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone and introduce myself. C-ya![Dru goes to sit on the doorstep to wait for the postman].------------------For a good Prime, call:29819592777931214269172453467810429868925511217482600306406141434158089

For a good Prime, call:29819592777931214269172453467810429868925511217482600306406141434158089

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Somebody posted a thread called something like "OK everybody jump on the newbie" and one of these nutters *casts suspicious looks in the direction of Durbs, Bendy and SickPuppy* said they were disapointed because after seeing the title of the thread they were expecting a trampoline.It kind of spiralled wildly out of control after that.------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
It was probably a cry for attention

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Do I really want Bendy to jump on me? confused

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

SaBBaSenthusiast
215 posts

Posted:
ok ok, now it seems as the right moment... i´ll come out of the closet too... wink *stands up* i'm also a newbie! *sits back down, straps helmet on and gets his head between his legs*(<--safety position)i think i'm the only spaniard here, or is there anyone else???anyway, here's a pic of me breathing fire...(i'm proud) grinhttps://seebi.multimania.com/i'll be uploading more soon, tell me what you think...peaceSaBBaS------------------Don't you destroy your enemy by making him your friend?? - Rev Bem (Magog), Andromeda

Don't you destroy your enemy by making him your friend?? - Rev Bem (Magog), Andromeda

Dru Lee Parsecmember
78 posts

Posted:
Woo Hoo!The Poi showed up in the mail yesterday! Woot!I gently explained to my wife (who had no idea what was in teh package) that I found something new and FUN for us to do together (you should have seen the suspicious look I got). I showed her the 2 sets of poi I got and let her pick her favorite color.We watched the Art of Poi video and laughed in anticipation of how uncoordinated we would look compared to the video.So we tried it. We avoided smashing vases and such (we have a BIG main room at our house with really high ceilings, and it was cold and dark outside) after a few minutes of practice we were rolling on the floor laughing together at how inept we both looked (Thank goodness the practice poi are soft. I thumped myself way to many times).In any case, she was able to do a butterfly before me but I was able to do a low turn before her. Can't wait for the weekend when we're both home in the daytime so we can go outside and play.Tons Of Fun. BTW, Awesome job Malcolm! New Zealand to San Diego USA in 5 days! The video was really well done. It really explained what we needed to know in a way that's easy to understand and learn from. Thanks for the great products and great service.Dru Lee Parsec [who is no longer waiting on the doorstep for the mail man but instead is trapped in his cubicle thinking about spinning]

For a good Prime, call:29819592777931214269172453467810429868925511217482600306406141434158089

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Dru, you live in Santee? We should get together sometime at maybe Balboa Park wit a bunch of other people and spin practice Poi and be looked at strangely!

Dru Lee Parsecmember
78 posts

Posted:
KinudinI do live in Santee. Pozee and friends meet in Balboa Park on Sundays to spin. Maybe we can all meet at the same time?I've got the next couple of weekends booked up (and I need to practice a lot more) but I'd love to do this.Give me a buzz at druleeparsec@users.sourceforge.netand we'll talk.

Page: