Fire BunnySILVER Member
veteran
1,260 posts

Posted:
ok heres the deal. about 10 minuts ago one of my bosses for my first job rang me up and asked me if i could go infor a meeting at all today. confusedi can coz ihve to go to work in bout 10 at my second job, so she said what she wanted to say over the phone. basicly would i like to manage the store? i was like sh*t yeah, but then she said that it would be every sunday. i would have every saturday off - but i would alway have to work sunday and manage. i dont no what to do. it is a really good opertunty. for some one of my age especaly. but that would mean that i would not be able to go out anymore, -coz saturday is like the best night to go out here, and if i did iwouldnt be able to cut loose, and i would be buggerd the next day. i have to let her no tonight

so do you think i should take take the job and have it show up on my cv that i was a duty manager at 18 or go out and enjoy my time while im young and have fun while i still can with my friends??? beerchug
please can anyone help me?!?!

umm

What if we think the jokes on them,
But really - the jokes on us....

and also... i wuv Rougie *snuz*

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
well, I suspect after a year or so, you could probably get a better shift as manager. question is, how long do you think you'll be at that job. Is it the sort of work you'd like to do long term, if not necissarily at that particular place? If so, then it might very well be worth it to make the sacrifice. If you are going to university in a year though, perhaps you should take the personal time with your friends on saturday night instead since being a manager for 6 months in some area that is probably going to be completely unrelated to your degree won't make much difference one you have a degree.

If it meant I didn't have to work a second job, and I figured I'd be around a while, I think I would take the opportunity.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Consider whether or not its worth it. Often management is on salary, and you end up working more and getting paid less than you would if you were on regular-pay. And if someone calls in sick with no one to fill in, guess who gets pressure to cover?
Cheers!

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
There's no reason that you can't go out and have fun when you're older too. There isn't a cut off point.

You've been asked to do a highly responsible thing and your boss is putting a lot of trust in you, displaying how much you are respected. Take the job, you can always stop it later if it really doesn't work out for you.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Quote:

There's no reason that you can't go out and have fun when you're older too. There isn't a cut off point.

That is absolutely true. I've had more fun since I turned 30 than I did before (not for lack of trying). It's like I finally figured out how to truely relax while goofing off with my friends or at parties or festivals or traveling or whatever. Having the extra money and self confidence, both of which tend to come with getting older, makes it a lot easier to enjoy things too.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

dillweedmember
4 posts

Posted:
No work means no play normally,
so the harder you work i recon the harder you can play!!
If you take the manager job it will take you higher up the ladder and soon you will have more money and better days off to play. ubbangel

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
my advice... take the job- if you get too stressed you can always quit of your own free will and it will still look great on your cv, you don't even have to do if for long, just enough to prove that you have the skills...
good luck, whatever you decide

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Take the job and go have fun. I've opened stores at 7:30 with no sleep a few years ago. It's possible but somewhere between that and going home early is preferable. I'm sure you'll find that balance yourself.

If you find it really sucks then you can always do something about it later...

Best of luck, I'm sure you'll be fine. smile

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.