Page:
cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
hi everyone i just wondered what all your real names are? mines *looks around before whispering* alina frown CPG

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

Blackfiremember
15 posts

Posted:
My real name is Jens. Someone told me the name comes from Jesus, but I don't believe that this is true.------------------Blackfire

Blackfire

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
My real name is Katie but I hate it so people call me Kay. By the way I like all of your names!------------------Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Known to most people as Ros, Ross (for those who can't get their head around a single 's' )or Oz (from primary school, the result of lost teeth! It has unfortunately stuck with me though) my full name is Rosalind Miranda Mai. Rosalind = pretty rose smileor horse serpent (??)Miranda = extraordinary, to be admired grinMai = brightness smileor coyote (??)All the girls in my family have 2 middle names, both beginning with 'm' !

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm - can't remember the Chippy Nipper (?) or the weigh bridge. We've got a big stone arch thingy, a river, a (very ugly) catherdral, shite (and I mean really) clubs, expensive drinks, cobble stones and a very good jacket potatoe man...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Funny how many people don't like their names at all! I'm not too thrilled about mine, it's a bit long and slightly posh, but after a couple of decades you get used to it.Dominic - from the Late Latin name Dominicus meaning "of the Lord". This name was traditionally given to a child born on Sunday. Sunday's child is happy and gay!I generally go by Dom, which leads to people I meet in loud bars and clubs calling be Don, Tom or John until they're corrected!

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
*looks down* smile------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I'm right with you on the loud bar deal, Dom. I've gotten every thing from "Den" to your name to People actually thinking that my parents named me "Dog". It's only three letters and one syllabol, I didn't think people would have such a hard time with it.The really annoying thing about about having the name Dan is you end up turning around every time someone says "Damn". Bloody annoying.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.[This message has been edited by SickpuPpy (edited 06 January 2002).]

Jesus helps me trick people.

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
I found it! After a billion babynaming sites, my boyfriend falling on the floor, and three cups of coffee I found it!Ara~~ is Teutonic and means Eagle Maid or intelligence of an Eagle.... So I clean up after birds or am as smart as a bird.. which would explain the running in to sliding glass doors...------------------https://www.VitalePhotography.com

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
Mines Erica
Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link
------------------"come with me to a land of fantasy, take my hand down into techno wonderland"parents say video games affect teens I dont think they do,if they did, take pac man for example, we'd all be running around darkend rooms munching magic pills listening to repetitive music. PLUR

Its not easy being green....

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
LOL @ Neph.Yes, but when you run into sliding glass doors we all know you're just doing it because you're eclectic, slightly neurotic, and a little high strung, and not 'cuz you're dumb.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Daniel O'Hara TylerWrap Master Funk, Santana, Monkey Boy, Spear Chucker, Iatola of Rockin Rolla, Bubba, Great White Hunter, etc.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Neph is really good at plummeting and has a commendation for ungainly sprawling too I'm told.

Meh

Mikemember
9 posts

Posted:
But of course, life is full of real and imaginary partsgee wizz I'm inciteful frown

Scootmember
28 posts

Posted:
Mine isnt TOO far from my user name. Its Scott.

AmberGOLD Member
48 posts

Posted:
my real name is shanna i can never find what it means

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
i have imaginary parts grin there is no way my feet are real!

SurlochSILVER Member
64 posts

Posted:
The most boring yet rofl. Benjamin = Son of the right Hand. Yet everyone calls me Ben... can't imagine being called Benjamin all my life, urgh.

Ní mar a síltear a bítear

“Things may not be as they seem to be”

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Well my real name is Kate-MarieBut no one ever calls me that. Most call me Kate, occasionally I get called Katinca. grin------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Chakanmember
68 posts

Posted:
HiyaMy name is Gregg Rose

TheGrynygoggmember
47 posts

Posted:
Alexander gets you killed. Alexandra gets you killed twice. Alex is exceptable. Ali, for some reason, I find perculiar. Almost too familiar. Ali Bongo is what my mum calls me and now myh girlfriend does too. My big sis used too shout 'AL!'. I'd say 'What?'. She'd say she'd just hurt herself and was saying OW!. Very damn funny. Now when anyone says OW! I say 'What?'. It's a curse I tell you.Alexander. Defender of men. The greek name for Paris, Abductor of Helen of Troy.

Just ignore me. Everyone else does.

cyberpunkgrrlmember
27 posts

Posted:
My real name's Sharon, which I hate cos I come from Essex, England (those of you who don't get it, be thankful!)Apparently it means princess of exotic beauty!*grin*Oh, and I have a fruit and a desert named after me!

Retry
Abort...

Failed!

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
Hey Cantus! My names James too and I have Fraggle Rock as my ring tone! Spooky!------------------"The tincture of night began to suffuse the soup of the afternoon. He considered the sentence, and found it good. He liked 'tincture' particularly. Tincture. Tincture. It was a distinguished word, and pleasantly countered by the flatness of 'soup'. The soup of the afternoon. Yes. In which may be found the croutons of teatime."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
wow, gryngogg! people always call me ali, too...but ali bongo's a new one! cpg grin

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

Solmember
33 posts

Posted:
That's well bizarre- this thread inspired me to check my own name's meaning(It's Agata, by the way)and here's what I found:Meaning: good,fieryWhere it comes from:Apparently St Agat(h)a was burned alive in Sicilly, and since then she's supposed to protect from fire, lightning strike and volcano eruptions. Basicly,she's suppose to be a "hot" and strong goddess, patron of bread(?) and fire. Well, what can I say?Thanks for the idea

Sol

digital milkmember
37 posts

Posted:
my name is cory.. but noone understands me when i say it because i mumble alot.. mmmbmbmmbmmm... =\

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
CPG, you're way too young to know who Ali Bongo is (count yourself very lucky indeed).He is/was a very dire magician from the 80's. The basis of his act was that he was a wazir or some such from a royal court in Persia. So he dressed in gaudy, over the top arabic stylee clothes, donned a rediculous moustache and generally acted like a git.His magic was good. But, unfortunately, he had the stage presence of a down market pantomime Abanaazer.His most notable appearances (and presumably his career highlights) were those made on Crackerjack *idly wonders who will be first* Please forgive my cynisism and any errors in the preceding post. A guady over-dressed magician on a unicycle beat me with some staves as a child.....

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Jangla - I got my brother a Fraggle Rock ring tone a while back. I have Fairytale of New York by The Pogues on mine.It's not all that spooky. Unless you've ever written a thesis on Fraggle Rock. Or you have a massive selection of Fraggle Rock episodes on video ( along with dozens of muppet shows - original and Muppets Tonight - several episodes of Jim Henson's Storyteller, every single Muppet movie produced thus far and virtually every episode of Dinosaurs). Or if you had an almost encyclopaedic knowledge of the life and works of Jim Henson. If any of those things applied to you.....Then I might say that it's a spooky coincidence.------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Oh and Neph, I'm still going to call you Maeve. If that's ok with you?Look it up. It's a way cool name grin grin

Meh

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
I am actually a little light on Fraggle Rock episodes, but have a ton of Willow the Wisp, The Flumps, Finger Bobs and Jamie and His Magic Torch!------------------"The tincture of night began to suffuse the soup of the afternoon. He considered the sentence, and found it good. He liked 'tincture' particularly. Tincture. Tincture. It was a distinguished word, and pleasantly countered by the flatness of 'soup'. The soup of the afternoon. Yes. In which may be found the croutons of teatime."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
cory.....story...........allegory. grin

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Page: