Forums > Social Chat > The single person's thread!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Ok, the rules for this thread are - no one gushes about how happy they are with their girlfriend or boyfriend or fiancee or whatever.

We are here because we are single - by choice or happenstance.

I personally am single right now for a variety of reasons, but mainly because I live in South Africa. AIDS is truely epidemic here, plus South African women have way more issues than I care to deal with with, so I just can't be bothered, thank you very much.

I sort had a long distance relationship going till about last June, but that got too... long distancy, I suppose. I still thinks she totally rocks, but I need to be closer to someone than an 8 hour (now 23 hour) plane ride away from them (plus she had no internet or phone where she used to live).

I've been pretty happy being single the last few months though, it is amazing how much simpler life is. It's been quality "me" time, and I needed the break I think.

Ok, that is my testamony... anyone else?

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

AsenaGOLD Member
What a Bummer
3,224 posts

Posted:
i'm sooo distracted by zubbles that i wouldnt look anywhere else.... I mean, how amazing are zubbles!?!? they are now featured in 2 threads!! BUBBBBBLES!

say_cheeseSILVER Member
Brown
288 posts

Posted:
ditto offtopic wave ubblove hug

Official Nutella Fan Club

Go Nutella!

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
Well, I'm single, but not by choice.

Its been nearly two years and there's no complaint from my side. I've been so busy with my job, trying to start my business and just hanging out with my awesome friends. It hasnt bothered me that much. Besides, I havent been looking either.

Oh well, I cant wait to meet the right one. Until then, I'm gonna party like there's no tomorrow!

bounce

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
thats such a trend nowadays, people doing other things like work or just 'having friends' instead of getting a partner.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
Well, I have met a few guys but they turned out to be all wrong in the end (Afrikaans guys dont do it for me).

Things have been so crazy lately that I just havent had time. But I have to admit that there are times when I see a couple in love and wish that was me with a guy *sigh*

Maybe you are right, Mr Majestik, it has become a trend. But they say love comes to you when youre not looking...

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

awakenSILVER Member
The Evil Pixie (apparently)
716 posts

Posted:
Hi! I'm Pip and I'm currently single.... Can I have a hug too now please? frown

I was seeing a guy who I really liked for a couple months, who it seemed had 99% of checkboxes ticked on my 'perfect guy' list.. and with added wow factor.... but alas it wasnt to be.... still trying to move on.

Its funny... in my head things are all ok. I've accepted the facts and know that we wouldnt be able to make it work. Why, o why does my traitorous heart still look at him and think it wants him!

Its not really all that bad. We are still very close friends and I'm starting to move on. I like my indepandance and dont NEED someone. Its just .. nice.. to have someone to waste your time on, you know? But I know that eventually (and when I least expect it) that one person made for me will make his (or her tongue) appearance

rock hopping, hop-scotching, pippy pocky stocking - Sureau - wink thanks Jen! biggrin

Ry: I can't hear you. I'm listening to The Spice Girls.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Just recently single.

Hoo-ya....

Lame!

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
hug, pip...

I've been single for over a year now... and for the most part, I kinda like it. Independance is great... being able to do what I want, when I want (when I don't have the kids of course).

Ye, ya miss the... ummm... togetherness, bond, whatever, but what's meant to be, will happen if/when it's meant to happen.

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
there's more than one? that's way too confusing for my poor lil brain... can't do more than one thing @ a time

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
yeah, way back when I was a newbie, me and Vance were having a bitch on msn about singleness and we simultaneously made threads on HoP about our woes! ubblol

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

awakenSILVER Member
716 posts

Posted:
Thanks Pat *sigh* Yeah I am having the time of my life right now so that makes it all good. For all of my life, I have thought that I'd never have wanted to do anything differently.. I'm happy with taking the journey as it comes and satisfied with my life in general. Its always interesting to see whats around the corner. But I think right now in particular.. things are GREAT. I have the best group of close friends that I'd be willing to die for, meeting so many great new people everyday (i LOVE the hopping, twirling, crazy lot), loving spinning...

*big smiles* things are just right the way they are......

rock hopping, hop-scotching, pippy pocky stocking - Sureau - wink thanks Jen! biggrin

awakenSILVER Member
716 posts

Posted:
ha ha *exempt from thread again*

Got the above-mentioned boy back again, and things are going pretty well. We're about to go to a 'cowboys and indians' party just now. Ry looks pretty cute as a cowboy wink

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Gosh, two threads on the same subject, both created on the very same day - as it seems... rolleyes

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Both were created during the very same PM conversation! ubblol

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
And i'm single on BOTH of them!!
Fancy that wink

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

JannieSILVER Member
6 posts

Posted:
I have just become single again after having been in a relationship for 3.5 years... and to be honest I hate it!! frown
I guess it takes time to get used to, but I miss sharing thoughts and feelings with somebody who knows me inside out!
Well one good thing is that I have started spinning poi and have discovered this site which is amazing after we have split so I guess it's not all bad! smile

TotalEclipseGOLD Member
120 posts

Posted:
woo another singles thread to join! Now I am a part of many clubs. *popularity* ubblol

No doubt I'll be here a while...

kisumiSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
Im currently single too and never been happier!!!
being single is alot of fun, go wherever do whatever its great!
I was previously in a 3 year relationship that ended in january, i was 16 when we got together and never did anything like clubbing, so now im single am making up for it!!!
Dont get me wrong i miss having someone to cuddle and feel close to, really miss cuddles actually....

i need a hug...

Come to the dark side
We have cookies!

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
hug2

smile

wolfbro001SILVER Member
77 posts

Posted:
I've been single for about 8 months now. I forgot how crap it seems to be. but luckily, after moving to a new city, I made some wonderous friends, and forgot about my troubles to an extent! Thanks Pat, Tony, Nathan, Erin, The FT Crew, Jay, Ian, anyone I missed, and all you wonderful people I've met at Moonfest and Juggle Jam! smile
EDITED_BY: wolfbro001 (1158705900)

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
that's the spirit james...

grouphug

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
Post deleted by shoshanah

life is what you make it and what you want it to be

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
oh hun! that's all horrible!

hug

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
What a B*****d!
angry

Karma. He'll get his!

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

xatedBRONZE Member
65 posts

Posted:
I miss cuddles a sugar load also. The only problem is the only person who really wants to hug me atm is my ex who i can't hug caus things will get complicated from there.
Oh and my girls i left in israel i really miss them. But theres not much i can do as i don't like longgggg distance hugs they just don't do it for me.
Heres my info 19 male sydney HUGLESS!
any suggestions. I have one girl i'm gonna hug very soon amoung other things she's cool but no HOpper. lol doesn't matter though lol.

nnngah

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
shes a civillian? eek

xatedBRONZE Member
65 posts

Posted:
yeah and she's on my radar. btw i got fired today.

nnngah

xatedBRONZE Member
65 posts

Posted:
rogue if youre nick didn't have boob's i'd lose respect and interest in you.

nnngah

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I realised the other day that my old sig was about boobs as well! I think I am a worry! ubblol

Page: ...