Rouge Dragon
Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here
Total posts: 13215
Posted:This is the official post for the singles in opposition to the love post!

(im going to laugh so much is Vanize makes a singles topic at the same time! lol!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete Topic

NathanielEverist
NathanielEverist

enthusiast
Total posts: 315
Posted:Aw, thanks guys. I agree Blu_valley. Ironically, when I wanted somebody, nobody was there. Then as soon as I was like: "To hell with this, I'm happy alone" I got a number of girls wanting to be with me, one of which I'm still with today.

And yeah, I do feel that way sometimes, but really. I love her, and she loves me, and I couldn't risk not finding somebody as good as she is if I left her, and I couldn't hurt her feelings like that, she's a very dependent girl. That said though, I am happy in our relationship, don't think I'm not, just every now and then though I just get tired of being guilt tripped. Argh! There I go again! I love her, I'm happy, she's happy and it's all good.

Thanks all, wishing you all the best. Just remember, being single is lots of fun too.

Delete

the_mods_stole_my_name
the_mods_stole_my_name

travelling without moving
Total posts: 1286
Posted:well, i'm now making the most of my time being single, and i'm embarking on a 40 day and night abstinence starting from last night!
its something i've wanted to do for a while, as a friend of mine did it and told me what an amazing experience it was.
So i'll keep you guys updated on just how large my balls get over the next (nearly) six weeks! lol

Heilige Scheie, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

Delete

jarle
jarle

Lv15 Ranger
Total posts: 1489
Posted:Umm, no massive posts from me but...

Yay for being happy, regardess of your romantic life!

Kupo!

Delete

Aurinko
Aurinko

hello!
Total posts: 1034
Posted:Lat night I did some kind of relationship-bookkeeping (not on paper, it's not yet that bad). The result: even though I have hardly had any relationships or colouring (hurray for all those who saw the SATC-movie) lately, the amount of GOOD relationships and GOOD colouring (hey, the forum is PG-rated!) stayed about the same.
Not sure what to think of that.
On the one hand, I am happy that I seem to be able to make better choices now.
On the other hand, this is not really encouraging. I guess I might indeed be better of just getting myself some ladies' toys instead of guys. Oh my. *sigh*

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

Delete

Aurinko
Aurinko

hello!
Posted:o.k., I admit, there is a reason why I'm so pessimistic. The guy on whom I've had a huge crush for two years (we've had some kind of on-and-off-affair for the last two years) turned weird. Until now, he's always been moody and instable. But good, I can live with that. But now he started to take his moods out on my, trying to put me down and to insult me. That's no fun any more.

Non-Https Image Link

o.k., that already feels a bit better now.
But he's still an a*****e

And I am going to see him again in 2 weeks and I hope this is not going to end in a weird way.

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

Delete

Birgit
Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
Total posts: 4145
Posted:Aww boo frown (Is it who I think it is?) Taking issues out on others = lame. Tell him to grow up. hug

<-- has had a very nice not-so-single-weekend. Well. Single weekend. With another single. You know what I mean.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete

misscorinthian
misscorinthian

old hand
Total posts: 784
Posted:Stop rubbing it in!

No really, I am very happy for you hun hug

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

Delete

Birgit
Birgit

Posted:Well I thought you might want to know about it wink Not sure yet what'll happen next, I've been invited back but trains are hellishly expensive at the moment... hmmmmmmmmmmm. Not that I have a free weekend in the next month or so anyway, so no point worrying my pretty little brain about it.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

Aurinko
Aurinko

hello!
Posted:I want to know about it. Better than my "nothing is ever going to happen"-life. It's the Swedish guy. censored . I'm pretty sure I told you about him. *grrrrr* And in two weeks I'm going to a summer school which he is also going to attend. For two months! I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for some two-singles-time (as you would probably call it. Congratulations, by the way!), but it turns out this is going to be some I-will-either-hide-or-hit-him-but-try-not-to-fall-for-his-charms-again-time.

Pffft.

Delete

Aurinko
Aurinko

hello!
Posted: Written by :Aurinko

It's the Swedish guy. censored.

Oh, look at that. They automatically censor some words now. I didn't write censored. It just replaced one of the things I wrote. Seriously. eek Technical-stuff can be so scary.

Delete

the_mods_stole_my_name
the_mods_stole_my_name

Posted:well, one week into the abstinence and my patience was tested at the weekend. I knew this would happen! now that i can't have any kind of sexual relationship for the next 40 days, it's being offered to me on a plate! ah well, that's the way the cookie crumbles!

O.B.E.S.E.

Delete

Birgit
Birgit

Posted:Thought it might be him. Maybe things will be much better though if you're actually spending time together at that summer school, long distance stuff can be so difficult!
Mine is the typical case of when I was living in Scotland, I had a boyfriend in England. Now I'm in England and this guy I hardly knew before except for 2 nights out with friends comes down all the way from Scotland to visit me. So now I kind of wish I was still in Edinburgh so that it wouldn't be 16 hours and 100 pounds on the train (both return, so I'll live) to go and return the visit. ubblol

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

Aurinko
Aurinko

hello!
Posted: Written by :Dr_Birgit

Maybe things will be much better though if you're actually spending time together at that summer school, long distance stuff can be so difficult!

Don't know. The problems actually emerged last time I saw him in person. And by now I'm not too interested in getting together with him any more. That's the biggest thing I learned last year: when somebody treats you like s*** and takes advantage of you, don't hope that it will get better at some point, just leave!
By now I even found somebody else I am interested in biggrin
The problem is that this guy is Japanese (check your PMs for a link to pictures of him) = not too openly aggressive and outgoing in the personal area. I'll probably have to take the initiative, but I don't want to scare him (after all I was a tentacled monster in this stupid "what sex-type are you"-game on facebook)

Delete

Aurinko
Aurinko

hello!
Posted:and that Scotland and England thing is a natural law. Now you know.

Delete

Birgit
Birgit

Posted:Ah okay, I thought he'd turned weird from a distance. But having seen that Japanese guy, dump the Swede and pick the hot one biggrin
Apparently I scare people a lot. If they can't live with that then there's your ideal preselection criteria smile
Oh, and I kind of figured about the natural law. At least now I have a nice distraction for when I'm back in Scotland, and for the time being I'm busy anyway (just checked for weekends I could actually go up to see the guy and the next one I wouldn't have to cancel something else for is in 7 weeks. Meh. Natural law again do we think?)
On the funny side, I think my I-Don't-Know-If-I-Love-You-Anymore ex is getting a bit jealous ubblol

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

Aurinko
Aurinko

hello!
Posted: Written by biggrinr_Birgit

But having seen that Japanese guy, dump the Swede and pick the hot one biggrin

I'd love to, I just don't know how to start that. We've already been out a few times, but always together with others. We also talk regularly (we both work at the same institute at the moment) and we're kind of lurking around each other. I would so much like to just touch him, but I'm afraid he might scream then. O.k., maybe he won't, but one never knows, does one? (And: did you see the Halloween pictures? YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Your every-seven-weeks thing sounds confusing. Sorry. The upside is that at least you won't get onto each others nerves and the guy has a chance to prove how inventive he is and how much he cares about you. The downside is: it sounds complicated and confusing. Chose the perspective you prefer.

Delete

Birgit
Birgit

Posted:Oh, the 7 weeks is just for now. I'll be back in Scotland in September, before that the earliest time I can make to go up is probably in 7 weeks, unless I miss out on a concert I promised to go to. Sorry! Not sure if there's any potential there anyway, so shouldn't be worrying too much.

I'm sure you'll think of something for Japanese guy, fingers crossed smile Then we don't need to be taking over the singles thread anymore...

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

Tabatha

Total posts: 4
Posted:Im ... I know noone here =( o well thats why Im here =)

Love Tabby

Delete

the_mods_stole_my_name
the_mods_stole_my_name

Posted:AAAAAAW! pull up a beanbag tabby, fancy a brew?

*over 2 weeks in now, and strangely, it's actually getting easier. It actually feels good to have abstained from any sexual behaviour for a fortnight. It's helped me get closer to a girl who i've liked for a while, as i'm not always thinking of ways to get her into bed! we've just been spending alot of quality time together. I'm hoping i may be leaving thist thread soon!.....not that i want to get away from you guys or anything! lol

O.B.E.S.E.

Delete

DaZee
Total posts: 13
Posted:*joins in on the single thread*

Yay for singles! I've officially decided I'm the worst gf ever, so I'm staying single for a while. That, and I don't know anyone out here in NY well enough to want to date and I am NOT long-distance dating my friends in Missouri.

Lift your glasses high, me friends, and join us in our song
We will toast to all we know, so sing, yes, sing along
We will drink to those we miss and those we dont as well
For toasting here is the excuse for us to drink like hell!

Delete

Tabatha

Total posts: 4
Posted:AWWWWW thanks mods a beer would be good enough though im more of the hard stuff kinda person lol. The girl thing thats cool, I'm single but taken by heart lol i was hopin I'd get to see him but doubt it cuz his dads workin extra hard. Where you going

*grabs beanbag and sits with mods*

Delete

aston
aston

Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
Total posts: 4061
Posted: Written by =DaZee

I've officially decided I'm the worst gf ever

I think you lie, yes?

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Delete

DaZee
Posted: Written by :aston

I think you lie, yes?

Exaggerate, maybe. I'm sure there is truth in that statement somewhere since I don't exactly have the best track record.

Delete

the_mods_stole_my_name
the_mods_stole_my_name

Posted:thats only coz you havent found the right person yet DaZee. one day you'll be the perfect girlfriend!

O.B.E.S.E.

Delete

misscorinthian
misscorinthian

old hand
Total posts: 784
Posted: Written by :DaZee

I've officially decided I'm the worst gf ever

Why?

Actually, I used to be a pretty rubbish girlfriend. After that I was a rubbish wife (I left him). I can't really get the hang of this single thing either though... oops.

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

Delete

DaZee
Posted:The perfect girlfriend? I don't think so mods. I'm actually really bad at being a girl. I think I was destined to be a boy but everything got mixed up. Nah, actually if I was male I'd probably be the downfall of an entire species. Lol.

I'm really not THAT bad at being a girlfriend but I hate restaurants and I'm ridiculously OCD about the stupidest things like people biting their nails or picking at them. I'm a hand slapper.

Oh, and misscorinthian the single thing is kind of hard to get, in my opinion. I hug too many people.

Delete

Birgit
Birgit

Posted: Written by :misscorinthian

Actually, I used to be a pretty rubbish girlfriend. After that I was a rubbish wife (I left him). I can't really get the hang of this single thing either though... oops.

Yeah, and for no good reason at all, eh? Stop putting yourself down hug

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

the_mods_stole_my_name
the_mods_stole_my_name

Posted:well DaZee, you need to find a guy who's a hermit, and has no bad habits!

O.B.E.S.E.

Delete

DaZee
Posted:I had a pet hermit crab, does that count?

Delete

Aurinko
Aurinko

hello!
Posted: Written by :Dr_Birgit

But having seen that Japanese guy, dump the Swede and pick the hot one biggrin

O.k., so I definitely am totally man-free and singelish and everything again and forever.

I shortly swapped the Swedish for the Japanese guy (only for hugging and such), but now I'm away for the summer school, the Japanese guy is long-distance-communication-challenged and the Swedish guy acts weird. The Swede and me bumped into each other a few times within the last few days, but he always had problems talking to me. Probably because he seems to have hooked up with another girl, who is also here. censored Seriously. We had decided to at least stay friends, but that doesn't seem to work.

I hate men. angry (HoPpers are of course excluded from that statement)

I should just move into this thread. *Starts to drag her bags into this thread*
I'm thinking about camping in that corner there *points to the lower left corner*

Delete