• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 1...5859606162...145
Rouge Dragon
BRONZE Member since Jul 2003

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Total posts: 13215
Posted:This is the official post for the singles in opposition to the love post!

(im going to laugh so much is Vanize makes a singles topic at the same time! lol!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete Topic

Bek66

Bek66

Future Mrs Pogo

Total posts: 4728
Posted:hehe...oh, Pat...you've been bad... spank...go to our room!!! tongue

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

Delete

Birgit
BRONZE Member since Jan 2005

Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much

Total posts: 4145
Posted:Jon, for physicists, this is how it goes:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/3/37/Ged%C3%A4mpfteSchwingung.PNG
br>I don't know the English word for it. Maybe "your wave function will return to the positive again soon?" wink hug

So Pat, are you not single anymore, or is it just that Bek wants you for herself?

*joins Brenn in the renovations*... got a feeling I'll be here for a while, too wink

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Total posts: 1502
Posted:Cheers Birgit.

That link showed damped harmonic motion, which gradually decays to zero.

Fairly accurate description, really.

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:yeah, only it should be more like...

*adjusts goggles*

well, a damped cosine wave that only does the second 180 degrees over and over, because it kind of starts strong, gradually gets better, turns into happy-kitten-ness, and then is suddenly back. But never quite as strong as the time before smile

(stop laughing, I told you my physics wasn't that good tongue)

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

Lost83spy
BRONZE Member since Sep 2005

Lost83spy

Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!

Total posts: 587
Posted:My ex drove passed my house the other day. The moment he saw me in the driveway, he accelerated and sped past like anything! What a moron!

All I can say is... good riddance to that!

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Total posts: 6120
Posted: Written by: Pogo69

Written by: Neon_Shaolin

*Walks in redface *

Hi guys, I`m back... biggrin

that was quick, dave?

Yeah, he was a lovely, intelligent fella. I just didn't fancy him in the end...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

blu_valley
SILVER Member since Apr 2005

blu_valley

fluffy mess

Total posts: 197
Posted: Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Written by: Pogo69

Written by: Neon_Shaolin

*Walks in redface *

Hi guys, I`m back... biggrin

that was quick, dave?

Yeah, he was a lovely, intelligent fella. I just didn't fancy him in the end...

God, I hate it when that happens. I got the inkling a little while ago that I liked someone,really enjoyed having him around and being in his company; then he confessed he had a crush on me, we decided to give it a go... but when it came down to it, I just didn't fancy him.

Oh dear..too difficult to please I guess ubblol Ive been single for six months now...

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Delete

Brenn
PLATINUM Member since Jun 2004

Brenn

Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.

Total posts: 3286
Posted: Written by: blu_valley

Oh dear..too difficult to please I guess ubblol Ive been single for six months now...

Nine here, not for the lack of want for trying.

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Delete

monserat
SILVER Member since Apr 2006

monserat

My flabber is gasted

Total posts: 737
Posted:six months? pah! I've been on my own for about 18 months now and haven't met anyone I liked in the last 12 nana

Though that said there has been a girl I've found myself thinking about recently but I get the feeling she likes a mate of mine frown

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:lemmethink... nearly 8 smile and I meet people I LIKE all the time, it's just the "more than like" that's the problem ubblol

And the one time since that it was a "more than like", the "but lives in a different country with crap flight connections to Edinburgh and works on weekends when I can't take weekdays off much until the PhD's finished" set in ubblol

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

blu_valley

blu_valley

fluffy mess

Posted:I've met a few lovellies, and one or two have tried to woo, but failed miserably, mostly on account of me just not being bothered... saying that, one guy who came onto me I quite liked,we kissed, but then he turned around the next day and said he wasn't looking for anything...kinda ironic really... ubblol

...I haven't really attempted another encounter since that, even though I have been a little lonelyubblol

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted: Written by: monserat

six months? pah! I've been on my own for about 18 months now and haven't met anyone I liked in the last 12

What is this a competition?!

(if so, I'm bound to lose with a meagre 3 months. But before that it was three years frown )

Written by: blu_valley

...I haven't really attempted another encounter since that, even though I have been a little lonely

cue music!

I'm ronery, I'm ronery, sitting here all on my own

I'm ronery, so ronery, sitting on my ritter trone ubblol cool

Delete

blu_valley

blu_valley

fluffy mess

Posted:In all fairness, I may have been single for 6 months, but it's no skin off my back really,I'm quite happy this way...

but I would say that it is possible for someone to have been single for only a few weeks and for it to hurt more, and be a major impact...

So what are we judging this competition by? Amount of pain? time served? what? Who's the happiest, who's the saddest?

Maybe a competition isn't such a good idea, I'll settle for a good sob story...or a triumph story if anyone's got one going! biggrin

hug's to all

Delete

Sambo_Flux
GOLD Member since Jun 2006

Sambo_Flux

Introverted

Total posts: 833
Posted: Written by: monserat

Though that said there has been a girl I've found myself thinking about recently but I get the feeling she likes a mate of mine frown

hug It sucks when that happens. Same thing happend at uni to me, girl I really liked, got quite close to, got the whole "I feel like I can tell you anything" thing happening... then "I like your mate, does he like me?" thing. rolleyes

That said, they ended up together for about 3 years, but it turned out she was a total ubbloco and made him miserable eek. Lucky escape maybe? ubblol

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

So what are we judging this competition by? Amount of pain? time served? what? Who's the happiest, who's the saddest?

Competition: EMO!

Winner gets a packet of razor blades!

wink

(no 'fence to any emoists who might be reading!)

Delete

blu_valley

blu_valley

fluffy mess

Posted:ubblol

Actually, I could use those razorblades, theyre not cheap you know...and the legs are feeling a little fuzzy this winter (so perhaps it's a good thing that I'm single ubblol)

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Actually, I could use those razorblades, theyre not cheap you know...and the legs are feeling a little fuzzy this winter (so perhaps it's a good thing that I'm single ubblol)

*ceases fancying blu_valley*
wink

Delete

monserat

monserat

My flabber is gasted

Total posts: 737
Posted:oops, I didn't mean to start a competition! making jokes like that is how I deal with it when it does start to get me down!

To be fair I haven't tried to meet anyone in the last year because a) the first 6 months I was too broken up about things not working out with a girl i really fell for and b) it's only in the last 6 months I've got myself back together and I don't fancy opening myself up to that kind of heartache again right now. So it's all pretty self-imposed.

Even this recent girl I feel like if I end up to talking to her for a while, great! If she ends up talking to the other guy all night shrug it's a shame but easier on me that way. It's like in Good Will Hunting when he's talking about his first date with Minnie Driver, "It's a perfect relationship right now so I'm not going to spoil it by seeing her again" ubblol

Edit: Agreed Blu, the first few weeks being on your own can be a lot worse than several months down the line. At least after time has gone by you get used to your own company (however much you might not like it) and the freedom that being on your own brings.

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

Delete

Matty_B
SILVER Member since Feb 2005

Matty_B

veteran

Total posts: 1314
Posted:It will be two years of singledom for me in Jan frown

The worrying thing is I am kinda used to it, which can't be a good thing . . . . .

I have met a few people in that time but it has never worked out... but when it does it will be ace . . I guess that is why I can wait . . .

Delete

Carrot_Girl

Carrot_Girl

Close your eyes and make a wish

Total posts: 194
Posted:damn it! I've been dumped! *grr*

Life is a journey ... not a guided tour.

Delete

Bek66

Bek66

Future Mrs Pogo

Posted: Written by: Birgit

So Pat, are you not single anymore, or is it just that Bek wants you for herself?

Yep...Bek wants for herself and will have for herself as soon as one or the other figures out how to make it across a great big ocean. frown

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

Delete

GitasGuy

GitasGuy

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2303
Posted:Confident much!!! ubblol ubblol biggrin

Hey pat is shonnie your real daughter or just like a rouge daughter??? umm

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted: Written by: Carrot_Girl

damn it! I've been dumped! *grr*

oh no! sorry to hear it, mister!

here, have um.... *searches pockets*
um... I know I have one around here somewhere... *searcy-searchy*

Oh yeah, here it is. Here, have this: hug

Delete

Pogo69

Pogo69

there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness

Total posts: 3764
Posted: Written by: GitasGuy

Confident much!!! ubblol ubblol biggrin

always pays to be positive tongue besides... bek`s confidence is not misplaced... wink

Written by: GitasGuy

Hey pat is shonnie your real daughter or just like a rouge daughter??? umm

eek I hope rougie doesn`t see that *just like a* bit...

Q.
if it looks like a real daughter... (young and short)
and sounds like a real daughter... (can`t understand 2/3 of what she says)
and acts like a real daughter... (every 2nd attempt @ communication is `dad...? can I have some money?`)

then must it be a real daughter? tongue

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Delete

Bek66

Bek66

Future Mrs Pogo

Posted:Heehee...if I had given birth to every 'real' kid that I have.....then you'd call them all a litter... smile

Pat... ubblove

'Nuff said!

--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

Delete

GitasGuy

GitasGuy

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 2303
Posted:Ummm.... umm Yes!!

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

Delete

shonnie

Total posts: 79
Posted:haha yes im pats real daughter...

Delete

Pogo69

Pogo69

there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness

Total posts: 3764
Posted:if I do my sums... that means my final year of high school was MUCH more interesting than I remember... confused

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Delete

shonnie

Total posts: 79
Posted:hehe it sure was... biggrin

Delete

BlueHairSar

stranger

Total posts: 22
Posted:I'm in my 26ish month of being single...

Delete

Page: 1...5859606162...145