Rouge Dragon
Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here
Total posts: 13215
Posted:This is the official post for the singles in opposition to the love post!

(im going to laugh so much is Vanize makes a singles topic at the same time! lol!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete Topic

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Total posts: 6120
Posted:Depends on what you mean by 'Special'...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

Fine_Rabid_Dog
Internet Hate Machine
Total posts: 10530
Posted:I seriously don't get why I'm still single.

Normally, I'm proper good at getting out of situations I hate....

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Delete

Amanda13
Total posts: 91
Posted:I wish someone would tell me plain and simple what it is about me that makes me not able to have a relationship.

Would be nice.

Delete

pricklyleaf
pricklyleaf

with added berries
Total posts: 1365
Posted:People, stop with the singleness bashing!

FRD being single is great, when you know how to make the most of it (and I don't mean by 'special cuddling' lots of people!)

Amanda, learn to love yourself before you go in to a relationship. Otherwise you'll end up with someone who isn't good enough for you. There's nothing wrong with you, sounds like you just need to become comfortable with yourself. Someone will come along for you eventually. Until then, be selfish!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Delete

Mr_Chutney
Mr_Chutney

Tosser
Total posts: 1711
Posted:It also helps to be around lots of people, ideally whilst participating in some sort of common activity that gives you common ground through which you can communicate.. oh wait, we all spin poi right smile

Prickly- I agree.. singleness will pass in time and when you're single it lets you take stock of what you want from life, from others and how you can best conduct yourself to give yourself the best possible chances.

Delete

Amanda13
Posted:Trust me I know what I want from lie and others. I figured that all out during the first 18 months of my singlehood when I was enjoying it. But now I'm getting way too bored being single.

Delete

jarle
jarle

Lv15 Ranger
Total posts: 1489
Posted:I agree with Prickly and Chutney.

There's a lot of hype about being in a relationship, it's one of those things that is seen as positive in practically every culture and society. especially postmodern Western societies with their emphasis on individual hapiness. Being single doesn't HAVE to be inferior to being in a relationship, and there are plenty of advantages to being so.

If you put yourself down for being single or unlovable for an unknown reason, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. No-one wants to go out with someone that'll just bring them down all the time, so if you're being mopey because no-one'll go out with you, then no-one WILL go out with you, and the cycle continues. Break out of it! Don't be afraid to be alone! Learn to love yourself!

Kupo!

Delete

Fine_Rabid_Dog
Internet Hate Machine
Total posts: 10530
Posted: Written by: pricklyleaf

FRD being single is great, when you know how to make the most of it (and I don't mean by 'special cuddling' lots of people!)

For you, sure.

For me, not so much.

And I think I'm entitled to that belief, really. Seeing as its totally subjective. smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Delete

Phai

Total posts: 113
Posted:*sigh* After the nightmare that was today, I'm inclined to agree with FRD.

I'm dead on my feet, and I need a pair of hands for a backrub and a shoulder to cry on frown

Delete

Matty_B
Matty_B

veteran
Total posts: 1314
Posted:I am here . . .

Delete

MikefromGlos
MikefromGlos

Hitman
Total posts: 985
Posted:awww phai nig hug

HIYA everyone i am back had some pc troubles how are everyone

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

Delete

Groovy_Dream
Groovy_Dream

addict

Total posts: 449
Posted: Written by: Mr_Chutney

Do people get special cuddles from this thread?

*searches for the, ahhh, "special" cuddle emoticon*
Wtf, it's not there!

Delete

Amanda13
Posted:Met an interesting guy last night. Gonna try to keep in touch with him and see what if anything happens.

Delete

=Flashpoint=
=Flashpoint=

Pasta of Muppets
Total posts: 2719
Posted:theres no special cuddle emote, darn it!

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Delete

roarfire
roarfire

comfortably numb
Total posts: 2676
Posted:Yep...still here. *sigh*

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Delete

Amanda13
Posted:NVM, NVM, NVM.

I'm not going to get crushes. They never fare well for me (I have an innate ability to crush {Not talking about when the guy purses me, when I purse a guy} to crush on guys who are BAD for me). So I'm going to tell myself I do NOT crush on this guy so I don't have to deal with it.

Delete

polarity
polarity

veteran
Total posts: 1228
Posted:
Non-Https Image Link

I'm crushing your head!

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Delete

=Flashpoint=
=Flashpoint=

Pasta of Muppets
Posted:Is that david tennant in a bad wig?

I'm going to be here for a while, it seems...

*makes a brew*

Delete

polarity
polarity

veteran
Posted:Who? *ponders* Oh you mean the guy who plays Dr. Who.

No it's Mark McKinney, 1/5th of Canadian comedy sketch group Kids in the Hall.

Here's more.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Delete

jo_rhymes
jo_rhymes

Momma Bear
Total posts: 4525
Posted:
Non-Https Image Link

special cuddles!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Delete

polarity
polarity

veteran
Posted:I'm a permanent fixture too, on account of using quick drying cement on page 4.

Thankfully there are very few single pigeons.

Delete

Aurinko
Aurinko

hello!
Total posts: 1034
Posted:me theory is, that some people were just born to be single and others were born to be in a relationship. It's like that some people were born with blue eyes and others with brown ones.
The bad thing about this theory is that it leaves no hope for any of us.
The good thing about this theory is that it can explain why some people are always in a relationship and some never are.

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

Delete

jo_rhymes
jo_rhymes

Momma Bear
Total posts: 4525
Posted:Aurinoko that's the crappest theory I've ever heard!

I'm actually in a relationship so I shouldn't really be posting here. I just like hanging out with you guys hug

Alot of people are in really crap relationships where there's no proper communication, no love, no trust, they're just in relationships for fear of being alone. Which is a very sad state of affairs indeed.

I think if you really want to attract someone to your life, be happy and content being you and being in your skin. hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Delete

scosh
scosh

non stop uber rocking electro rock party
Total posts: 122
Posted:no offence but im gonna leave dont worry im sure it will only be for a while but you never know *intense finger crossing*

"im quite depressed, im quite a mess, so beat me up, beat me down, mess me up beyond all recognition"

Delete

Eveish
Eveish

*Tickles pretty strangers*
Total posts: 610
Posted:Aurinko- I don't think that some people were born to be in relationships and others not - there is someone out there for everyone..
But we all have times when we are alone/single and sometimes these dry patches last longer than we'd like - I know to me, right now it feels like I will never find a partner, but I am sure that this will change some time!
*big hugs to all of yoooou*

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

Delete

Beth
Beth

Miss Whippy
Total posts: 1262
Posted:I didn't think I'd find a partner either. After coming out I found it difficult to meet people but now I have a beautiful girlfriend so if I can find someone without even looking, everyone can!

Sorry shouldn't be posting but I likes it in here, its got comfy chairs!

*special hugs to all*

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

Delete

Clerkenwellkid
Total posts: 4
Posted:i hate being single now!!!! frown
Bah!!!

And re: above! Glad for ya!! wink

Delete

=Flashpoint=
=Flashpoint=

Pasta of Muppets
Posted:Yeah Beth, git yo bee-hind outta here!

smile

Damn lesbians. Coming over here, stealing our women...

tongue

Delete

poinoob
Total posts: 45
Posted:there need to be some female hoppers around the new orleans area damnit

Delete

Matty_B
Matty_B

veteran
Total posts: 1314
Posted:I agree with Jo. Doesn't mean I like being single, but there is no hope of finding someone, if you are not happy on your own. All you will end up doing is pushing them away and that can never be a good thing.

So on that basis I really need to wait for a months, find a job move city etc and get back my life before trying to find a girl that will grow old with me .....

She is out there, just hiding at the moment x

Delete