Page: ......
Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
This is the official post for the singles in opposition to the love post!

(im going to laugh so much is Vanize makes a singles topic at the same time! lol!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Actually, I could use those razorblades, theyre not cheap you know...and the legs are feeling a little fuzzy this winter (so perhaps it's a good thing that I'm single ubblol)

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
oops, I didn't mean to start a competition! making jokes like that is how I deal with it when it does start to get me down!

To be fair I haven't tried to meet anyone in the last year because a) the first 6 months I was too broken up about things not working out with a girl i really fell for and b) it's only in the last 6 months I've got myself back together and I don't fancy opening myself up to that kind of heartache again right now. So it's all pretty self-imposed.

Even this recent girl I feel like if I end up to talking to her for a while, great! If she ends up talking to the other guy all night shrug it's a shame but easier on me that way. It's like in Good Will Hunting when he's talking about his first date with Minnie Driver, "It's a perfect relationship right now so I'm not going to spoil it by seeing her again" ubblol

Edit: Agreed Blu, the first few weeks being on your own can be a lot worse than several months down the line. At least after time has gone by you get used to your own company (however much you might not like it) and the freedom that being on your own brings.

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
It will be two years of singledom for me in Jan frown

The worrying thing is I am kinda used to it, which can't be a good thing . . . . .

I have met a few people in that time but it has never worked out... but when it does it will be ace . . I guess that is why I can wait . . .

Carrot_GirlClose your eyes and make a wish
194 posts

Posted:
damn it! I've been dumped! *grr*

Life is a journey ... not a guided tour.

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

So Pat, are you not single anymore, or is it just that Bek wants you for herself?

Yep...Bek wants for herself and will have for herself as soon as one or the other figures out how to make it across a great big ocean. frown

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
Confident much!!! ubblol ubblol biggrin

Hey pat is shonnie your real daughter or just like a rouge daughter??? umm

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
 Written by: GitasGuy

Confident much!!! ubblol ubblol biggrin

always pays to be positive tongue besides... bek`s confidence is not misplaced... wink

Written by: GitasGuy

Hey pat is shonnie your real daughter or just like a rouge daughter??? umm

eek I hope rougie doesn`t see that *just like a* bit...

Q.
if it looks like a real daughter... (young and short)
and sounds like a real daughter... (can`t understand 2/3 of what she says)
and acts like a real daughter... (every 2nd attempt @ communication is `dad...? can I have some money?`)

then must it be a real daughter? tongue

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
Heehee...if I had given birth to every 'real' kid that I have.....then you'd call them all a litter... smile

Pat... ubblove

'Nuff said!

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
Ummm.... umm Yes!!

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

shonniemember
79 posts

Posted:
haha yes im pats real daughter...

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
if I do my sums... that means my final year of high school was MUCH more interesting than I remember... confused

shonniemember
79 posts

Posted:
hehe it sure was... biggrin

BlueHairSarstranger
22 posts

Posted:
I'm in my 26ish month of being single...

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Carrot_Girl

damn it! I've been dumped! *grr*

hug frown

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Pogo69SILVER Member
3,764 posts

Posted:
ditto, mr susan... frown hug

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
9 months now. hurrah, lol. frown

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
We don't need to be with people. We need to be alone with and feel comfortable with ourselves, and from what I can see - we are kick-ass people to be alone with... biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Carrot_Girl

damn it!

eek

Have one from me, too!! hug

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
 Written by: 87wt2gxq7

Written by: blu_valley

Actually, I could use those razorblades, theyre not cheap you know...and the legs are feeling a little fuzzy this winter (so perhaps it's a good thing that I'm single ubblol)

*ceases fancying blu_valley*
wink

Hey! It's nothing a 5 minute shave can't cure buddy ubblol wink

Written by: Neon_Shaolin

We don't need to be with people. We need to be alone with and feel comfortable with ourselves, and from what I can see - we are kick-ass people to be alone with...

Oh I'm comfortable with myself...a little too comfortable perhaps ubblol Then again I don't feel the need to be with someone who doesn't take my breath away or sweep me off my feet because I have Lee in my life. My life-mate if it were. I think I could get married and have kids and he and his boyfriend would probably still live with us , I'd go mental otherwizeubblol

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

194 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the hugs everyone, much needed and appreciated. This guy was actually nice, it's quite gutting.

So to take my mind off that I'm buying a house. OMG.

Someone sedate me.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Got the house already? If so, link to piccies? biggrin

All I bought to take my mind off stressful things were new boots. I love them though, not as cool as the ones I lost one of (they were called Britney. Both.) but smarter. And my ankles hurt much less since I have them, so yay biggrin

And thank God I'm not hairy, cause it seems like I ain't winning those razorblades ubblol

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

194 posts

Posted:
I haven't got pictures up yet... just wanna wait until i get the valuation report and know it's going through.

My blood is about 60% coritsol at the moment! I'm so excited but anxious about it. I really love the house, it's in a studenty area of Preston, Lovely old victorian place... needs modernising etc, but I just love it. It has load of original features, coving, roll top bath, and outside WC (there's an inside one too). Man, you should see some of it though, funky carpets, and groovy art deco fireplace!

I haven't bought any boots for a while... if the house falls through then I'll definately follow in your footsteps Birgit!

I'm self certifying the mortgage because I didn't want to use the world student in my application. I am hereby a self employed researcher. Not a lie, a mere re-labelling of the truth... I haven't tried to kiss them yet.... do you want to try them for me 87wt2gxq7?

And thanks for the additional hugs! hug here's one for you

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
I know a few people in Edinburgh who got a mortgage while doing a PhD, I can ask round which banks/companies/whatever that was with if you want?

(and I'm not just making this up so that I'll get a kiss)

(G.W. Dahlquist)

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Will ask round, just gotta wait until I'm back in Edinburgh with my computer and all my email addresses and phone numbers, which will be....... tomorrow night!!! bounce

And topic-change-wise... hmmmm... I don't know! But have a kiss back from me, I'm sure Neon won't object to that.

kiss

(G.W. Dahlquist)

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
I don't know, I just think he's got a really bad sunburn and maybe too much makeup ubblol

And a very cheesy wink, look: kiss

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

But have a kiss back from me, I'm sure Neon won't object to that.

kiss

Frankly my dear you can have an orgy in here i wouldn't give a damn! tongue

To be honest I've spent so much of my life being single I actually prefer it as I have no idea what to do in a proper relationship! I don't feel sorry for myself so i don't except anyone to either. I just realise I'm not the relationship kind!

I've not met anyone whom I've thought 'wow' who likes me and anyone that does like me DOESN'T make me go 'wow'. It's a b*tch. I'll live, believe me I will LIVE! biggrin

I think I want to establish a friendship with someone first as every guy I've been out with I always jump into it when we first meet. It'd be nice to build a foundation first before deciding you want to take it to the next level.

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:

I think I want to establish a friendship with someone first as every guy I've been out with I always jump into it when we first meet. It'd be nice to build a foundation first before deciding you want to take it to the next level.

ah, except the guy thing i think this is the main problem with meeting people in pubs and clubs. i'd rather actually know if i like someone before make some kind of a commitment.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I'm confused to what your point is... umm

You talking about how meeting guys in clubs generally don't lead to 'friendships first, relationships later'?.

It looks like you're agreeing with me in the second part but I dunno! confused

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:

Frankly my dear you can have an orgy in here i wouldn't give a damn! tongue

Thought so... bloody forum-pgness!! ubblol

(G.W. Dahlquist)

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:

To be honest I've spent so much of my life being single I actually prefer it as I have no idea what to do in a proper relationship! I don't feel sorry for myself so i don't except anyone to either. I just realise I'm not the relationship kind!

I've not met anyone whom I've thought 'wow' who likes me and anyone that does like me DOESN'T make me go 'wow'. It's a b*tch.

Yeah, I'm about the same. The longest I've ever been with someone is 6 months and for most of that I was desperately trying to convince myself that this is what a relationship is like after the novelty wears off and it wasn't that I didn't want to be with her after all.

hard to please, fickle, right place at the wrong time (my personal speciality), all amounts to the same thing in the end!! ubblol

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

Page: ......