• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 1...7980818283...145
Rouge Dragon
BRONZE Member since Jul 2003

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Total posts: 13215
Posted:This is the official post for the singles in opposition to the love post!

(im going to laugh so much is Vanize makes a singles topic at the same time! lol!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete Topic

Brenn
PLATINUM Member since Jun 2004

Brenn

Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.

Total posts: 3286
Posted:I'm quite happy to get in the middle of a several hundred strong crowd and twirl and do fire fans, but pit me opposite one person and i fall apart! biggrin ubblol

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Delete

blu_valley
SILVER Member since Apr 2005

blu_valley

fluffy mess

Total posts: 197
Posted:I'm sometimes shy and sometimes not. I blush easily and I never approach strangers. I am fine on stage though, which is weird. I'm also quite quiet if I don't know most of the people around me. I do get chattier, louder and probably a bit 'over-friendly' once I get talking to someone ), weather I fancy them or not. ubblol It's nice having spoken to people online beforehand, it's easier to meet and get along with HOPpers because you already know stuff about them biggrin

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Total posts: 6120
Posted: Written by: Brenn

I'm quite happy to get in the middle of a several hundred strong crowd and twirl and do fire fans, but pit me opposite one person and i fall apart! biggrin ubblol

Ditto, except for the whole standing in the middle of people thing...!

Written by: Zenooph

But why Dave?? You're such an awesome guy, you should be full of self confidence.

Awww thank you.

The way I see it - perceived awesomeness in anyone is usually borne out of a person's idiosyncrasies, which unfortunately often include confidence issues....

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

Zenooph
SILVER Member since Aug 2006

Zenooph

psychadelic pyro

Total posts: 570
Posted:Dave, that makes a lot of sense.

I really can't wait to come to the UK and actually meet you face to face. The conversations could get really interesting.

Normality is the playground of the unimaginative

Delete

Birgit
BRONZE Member since Jan 2005

Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much

Total posts: 4145
Posted:ubblol

You guys make me smile.

You all seem to have recognised the problem, and in some cases even know the reasons for it.

Now, the next step is to stop talking about it to a bunch of fellow single hoppers and DO something about it tongue

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete

monserat
SILVER Member since Apr 2006

monserat

My flabber is gasted

Total posts: 737
Posted:ah, but knowing what we should do and what we actually do are two very different things!

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

Delete

Zenooph

Zenooph

psychadelic pyro

Posted:I'm busy doing something about it. I've met someone and now we'll see where it goes from here.

Delete

Neon_Shaolin

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Posted:There is currently no one to do something with so I'm fine! biggrin

Zenooph - Actions speak louder than words... devil

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Total posts: 1502
Posted: Written by: Birgit

Now, the next step is to stop talking about it to a bunch of fellow single hoppers and DO something about it

guuuuuh...

on the other hand, NO DON'T DO IT as it leads to embarrasing and awkward situations.
redface

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:do tell... and stop undermining my efforts to get some of these people to hook up with someone tongue

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

E_V_I_L

E_V_I_L

Mosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.

Total posts: 346
Posted:Or, in my case, you fall for someone you just have an intimacy thing with, then they tell you (With their mate) that you're going weird and disown you, only to then change their minds about a group of people they didn't like originally .... and then you realise you weren't acting weird, you were reacting to their head games and that THEY were acting like children etc etc etc

{Slight rant over}

But ... like the Murphys', I'm not bitter ..... mad

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

Delete

monserat

monserat

My flabber is gasted

Posted:As we speak I'm waiting to find out if she still wants to go for a drink or not. I hate this bit...

Delete

Zenooph

Zenooph

psychadelic pyro

Posted:Good luck monserat. Hope it goes ok.

Delete

blu_valley
SILVER Member since Apr 2005

blu_valley

fluffy mess

Total posts: 197
Posted:I met a beautiful boy on Saturday night. Tall, skinny, scruffy hair, amazing smile, very nice aura. Lee caught me looking at him and had a go at me for not going up to talk to him. I just couldn't. I have never been able to. I would go like this redface and not know what to say!

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:EVIL, surely if they were that kind of person you'd rather find out sooner than later by being upfront and honest?!? And yeah, good luck to everyone bounce

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

monserat

monserat

My flabber is gasted

Posted:Blu, that's what usually happens to me. What made me start talking to this girl I have no idea, maybe it was because I just did it on instinct rather than thinking about it too much. shrug

Maybe there is something primal in it, the way someone stands or raises their eyebrows, just sparks something off in your head that tells you this is someone you should go over to.

It's a romantic idea I'd love to be true!

Good luck to you too Zen!

Delete

E_V_I_L

E_V_I_L

Mosh-mosh-mosh-mosh.

Total posts: 346
Posted:For me it's all about instincts ... but then, once the initial instincts have gone, and I get to start to know someone and think about things, that's when it goes wrong. Meh.

As for being sooner rather than later - if things would have progressed to something more "formal" instead of it being a dirty little secret then it would have been amazing. Everything pointed to it being great - physically it was ...ahem ... amazing. Mentally there's no-one else like her, emotionally I can't help but respond to her when most people I know barely feature on my radar. She was, and still is, amazing. We had so much in common, same wavelengths on lots of things, but enough differences to keep things new, fresh and interesting.

But, you're right. Better now than a few years down the line or something. Just ... I dunno ... I fell and I'm still falling.

Hence the purchase of weights equipment this weekend and the martial arts stuff I'm going to take a look at (XMA stuff ... ). If it helps to be fit and healthy then it can't hurt, plus I've been meaning to get back to my "hulking" rep from years ago and get some proper training done.

Monserat - Dude, hope it's all going well man, I envy you buddy!

Xbox360 Live ID - Sacred Apollyon

"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."

"Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished: If your alive it isn't."

Delete

Fr34k
BRONZE Member since Jan 2007

Total posts: 62
Posted:Well I'm probably the oldest single here... ok maybe not but this comming friday 02 mar 07 it will be 6 years... sad i know. What is worse than that most girls like me cause I'm nice... yeah living proof nice guys finish last. I swear if a girls says to me she wants to be my friend one more time I wil freak out and become some serial killer or something lol

Anyway how about some ideas/advice

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted:yep, "you're a really great guy and you'd be the perfect boyfriend for someone, but I just don't like you in that way." Heard that way too many times for it to be funny any more.

No ideas or advice mate, except that it seems like Attractive Members of the Opposite Sex can smell desperation a mile off, and it really puts them off. So the only way it seems you can be in with a chance of finding someone is if you put a lot of effort into not being bothered whether you find someone or not. This is my least favourite paradox.

Delete

monserat

monserat

My flabber is gasted

Posted:"If only I could meet someone like you", been there a few times. Only advice I can offer is say 'sod it' and concentrate on enjoying yourself with your friends. Then eventually someone surprises you by taking you seriously for once. (in my experience anyway)

Written by: 87wt2gxq7

This is my least favourite paradox.

Sorry but this made me giggle, I love the implication you have a most favourite paradox!! ubblol hug

Still waiting for an answer frown Let's hope its because her phone is switched off while she's at work.

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:I have one! "Too much cake"!!

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted: Written by: monserat

"If only I could meet someone like you", been there a few times.

Haha! Good one. I'd probably end up shouting "You just have, dumbazz!" which would ruin any chances, but if she came out with that line all chances were probably already ruined.

Written by: monserat

Sorry but this made me giggle, I love the implication you have a most favourite paradox!!

Yeah... I um.. *ahem* ...sorta do.
redface

Still waiting for an answer frown Let's hope its because her phone is switched off while she's at work.

Here I am, all hoping on your behalf! *hopeshopeshopes*

Delete

Brenn

Brenn

Posted: Written by: 87wt2gxq7

"If only I could meet someone like you", been there a few times.

Haha! Good one. I'd probably end up shouting "You just have, dumbazz!" which would ruin any chances, but if she came out with that line all chances were probably already ruined.

Whenever someone says that, it can be one of two things. One is them being really shortsighted, the other is he/she/it/wookie wants to let you know that it's YOU they're after, but doesn't have the balls/ovaries/pupae/cross pollination to say it there and then. Sometimes the people we're fond of are just as shy as we are.

*sends everyone good vibes and cookies*

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Delete

Neon_Shaolin

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Posted:*takes cookie and sends out milk (cow/soya)*

ubblove

hug

Delete

Brenn

Brenn

Posted: Written by: Neon_Shaolin

*takes cookie and sends out milk (cow/soya)*

ubblove

hug

Holy crap! Neon's lactating! Bless him! hug

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Delete

Neon_Shaolin

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Posted:Each nipple secretes a different kind of milk. being chinese I've been fed on enough soya to feed several vegetarian babies...

(my flat mammaries have a separate chamber for processing the soya keeping it away from my meaty lactose milk system)

biggrin

Icecream anyone? Homemade...

Delete

Dentrassi
GOLD Member since Apr 2003

Dentrassi

ZORT!

Total posts: 3044
Posted:does that mean if we feed you enough chocolate that you can lactate chocolate flavoured milk?

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Delete

Brenn

Brenn

Posted:I bagsies the left one! ubblol

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Delete

Neon_Shaolin

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Posted:Dentrassi - yes, preferably the Ecuadorian 72% stuff... I can eat both Milk and Dark chocolate but since milk is...well... milky enough Dark will produce a richer flavour...

Brenn - you don't know which type of milk is allocated to which moob... umm

Delete

Brenn

Brenn

Posted:Occasionally I like to live dangerously ubblol

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Delete

Page: 1...7980818283...145