Forums > Social Chat > utter obsession - the tales of a boy at 2 in the mornin

Login/Join to Participate

PsylentzSILVER Member
72 posts

Posted:
alright - true obsessionransacking a house for suitable photon clipsdoing staff below freezing point in new england (which means below zero with the windchill)staying up to 2 am to download one song for a poi routine AND THE DAMN GUY I'M DL'IN ON KEEPS SIGNING OFFmaking 2 inch poi to practice with in my roomfiguring out three moves in the past eight hoursdrinking nothing but cherry coke to keep your energy upnah - i suppose you all went through this stage at least once in your poi lives...so - when does it stop? i wanna get off and be normal and not spin while i'm on the phone...------------------~ Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... ~

"The Q is talkin' to me!!!"

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
You want to stop?No, no, no, no, no...never stop, ever, ever...! winkC

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
2 inch Poi?!? how cute!there like [----------------] that long..mini Poi!! grin grinThe chery coke thing will fade once someone gives you a Go Fast... or, as it is now called in the bar i work.. Liquid speed..

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Not sure what you've been telling your girlfriend Neph but that ain't two inches smileMy coldest so far was -6 C in a t-shirt (after a while) on new years eve. Annoyingly it was so cold the glowsticks stopped working...Was it your house you ransacked?------------------https://welcome.to/thehugbubble The Mug Shot Gallery MSN Poi Community Words to memerise, words hypnotise, words make my mouth exercise.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
My wonderful housemate, who is currently in the Carribean sunning her buns, is going to kill me when she gets home...I've bashed "Poi" holes into both of the lounge light fixtures...They made a wonderful noise as the tennis ball went through them...I guess I shouldn't really be practising poi blind-folded in my house!Dah! winkC

Stumember
16 posts

Posted:
Hey CAutograph the broken pieces then at least she won't mind as they’ll be worth a bit when you’re famous winkI don’t know about cherry coke – but ‘Red Bull’ gives you wings wink------------------~ Don't think you are, Know you are ~Stu ;)

~ Don't think you are, Know you are ~Stu ;)

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
I was doing fire-staff on New Years Eve on my friend's land in Essex; don't know what temperature it was but it was f***in' freezing 'cause the paraffin was freezing as soon as I dipped the ends and I was having to thaw them over the fire before they'd light. Dancing with fire in the frost, what a perfect way to start 2002!------------------Life in the circus ain't easy but the folks on the outside don't know yeah well the tent goes up and the tent goes down and all that they see is the show and the ladies on the horses look so pretty and the lions are looking real mad and some of the clowns are happy and some of the clowns are sad. Welcome to the freakshow.. here we go (Freakshow by Ani di Franco)

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
You're not alone, I spin while I'm on the phone and I completely forget I'm on the phone... that gets people pissed =/ Then when the ball hits the phone and it knocks it off reception I have to run inside and put it back in the cradel before they call.First thing they ask when I pick up the phone is "Spinning again?" >_

DIANNAmember
55 posts

Posted:
how in the heck did you make 2 inch poi ????

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
I'm real lucky at my house cos it's big + old and I can do all my tricks in the relative warmth of my home without hitting anything! The only problem being the cats, who simply do not understand that chasing the poi will not end pleasantly when I change direction grin

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Durbs, Neph is a young lady. Thought you might like to know.I had a nice warm room to practice in for the last 12 days. But, my brother has come home now and demanded his room back. So I'm thrust back out into the elements again....*sniff*Just when i was getting good at not knocking stuff off his shelves as well. ------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
The weather is not friendly here in the old UK - nevertheless, crazy people will spin until their hands are numb and they cannot tell whether they still have any nerves left or not smile

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
[-----------------------------] <~~okay that long grin but still little itty bitty mini poi smileIm about ready to make some Poi out of nothing but nice soft rope and pompom poofs.. Been practicing the BTB chace.. OUCH! I think my roommates thing Im trying to bludgeon myself to death now... I will figure this darn thing out!! confused grin[This message has been edited by Neph23 (edited 03 January 2002).]

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
It's like that old joke:Why are wemon bad carpenters?Because there whole life men have been telling them that [----------------------this-----------------------] is eight inches.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
I used a damn ruler on that one! grin grin grin

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You did fine Neph. It gets shrunked slightly by the computer when you submit your reply (see, i know all the technical terms?)What track were you d/l Psylentz?

Meh

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
shrinkage will get ya every time now wont it... smilePsylentz.. Today I seem to have caught your obsession and worked and worked on moves allllllll day long.. after a poisplosion with my "grips" i just started using the rings.. Owie.. Finally, after hours of thwaping myself i finally got a move down!!! *puffs up all super hero like* now on to the pesky BTB weave.. grin

bebhinnmember
18 posts

Posted:
yes, I've gone outside my house at 2am, last night actually, someone directed me to this site, and i was able to see a move in slow motion for the first time, so i ran outside in only a sweater, jeans and slippers for a quick try.The nextdoor neighbors have a brandnew baby, which was up all night squealing, so apparently i had an audience of its parents watching me practice. They apparently enjoyed my hitting myself in the head repeatedly, but not my yelling of expletives.so yes, i understand, poisessivness is overtaking me. Everytime i hear a song, a routine starts in my head, and won't stop. and 2inch poi...i'm intrigued...

...that's not flying, it's falling, with style...

PsylentzSILVER Member
72 posts

Posted:
the mini poi were made of yo yo strings knotted through holes in dice - and maybe their about three inches, but it keeps me entertained while sitting on my arse - i was downloading "the return of motion sickness"AND I FOUND THE ABSOLUTE BEST TRACKS EVER TO SPIN TO FOR HIGH ENERGY! okay, i'm bored and this is my only perk while on the computer - finding music to spin to1. House me teenage rave by green jelly (a bit explicit, but funny)2. the powerpuff girl remix of manson's 19963. MANSON DOING "SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND!!!!!!!"ps - don't drink redbull with vodka - there is a chemical reaction to alcohol with red bull that is dangerous - heard it briefly while watching TV - and down in RI we have something i have yet to try - a new shot called "hot sex" ... ;-)------------------~ Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... ~

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Fortunately, Go Fast is *not* Redbull, otherwise I wouldn't drink it at all. Redbull is vile, and tastes much like I would imagine camel piss does.I haven't heard anyone speak of Green Jello in quite some years I'd almost forgotten they'd ever existed.For some other high energy spinnig music try some Lard, one of the great forgotten industrial bands. Fork boy is one of my faves by them. Or try some AFI if you like going really fast, like Fall children or some such song.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
So Tequila, Vodka and Redbull would be a bad idea then?I knew there was a reason I ended up in some strange place that night...Hmmm...

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
seems everyone had done a version of "spin me right round"U235 did one before they broke up 'dope' did it for some sound track, and now i hear manson did one... goodness grin Haven't heard of green jello in forever!! *squeek*I dislike Red Bull. Its like cough syrup.. I also dislike vodka.. so I think Im safe... for the most part... seeing how 1/2 the can of Go Fast is a warning... but compared to the metabolife drink where the whole can is a warning Im playing it safe :lol

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
I don't know about the whole adverse chemical reactions stuff (never one to read the warning labels), but from my experience, the Red Bull and vodka thing is quite a ride! The uppers in the Red Bull (Guarana & Ephedrine I think) give you a body buzz and make you all tingly, while the alcohol loosens you up and lowers your inhibitions. The experience as a whole is a LOT like rolling i.e. taking XTC. If anyone has ever wanted to roll, but was unsure about how it would make them feel, try this first. It will also prepare you for spending that much freking money just to get a buzz. (Damn things are expensive!) shocked As a side note- remember the adage-"don't mix uppers and downers." Just trying to give the information to those who are curious. If you don't trust me, then don't try it. But if you do, still be careful. Depending on your body weight, you probably don't want to drink more than 5 or 6 of these in a night. Much more than that and the stimulants start to screw you up inside. I have had friends who have OD'd and gotten really sick from ephedrine before. Not pretty. All in all it isn't going to hurt you at all unless you drink A LOT of it! So cheers! grin------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Considering some of the dangerous chemicals most of the people on this board indulge in, I'm suprised any one even mentioned it.*Puppy wanders off to engauge brick wall in heated philisophical debate*

PsylentzSILVER Member
72 posts

Posted:
jelly - green jelly - i want to spin to "three little pigs" hehehehe - oh yah and here you go - the master of all spinning songs to strike fear into all opponents a techno remix of "oh fortuna" by apotheosisyou can download off of any program - guarantee all will like it------------------~ Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... ~

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
The only reason they are called "Green Jelly" now is because of a lawsuit from the makers of Jello for misuse of a copyrighted name. They will always be Green Jello to me and I outright refuse to call them by any other name.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.