Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
This is the official post for the singles in opposition to the love post!

(im going to laugh so much is Vanize makes a singles topic at the same time! lol!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
kumagarou?

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

bodhisattvaSILVER Member
my body is a tattooed temple
366 posts

Posted:
it's taken me forever to read this only to end with kumagarou . kumagarou?

when the body is happy the mind smiles

to live a single day and hear a good teaching is better than to live a hundred without hearing such teaching

and everything is measured by the hole it leaves behind

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
You read the whole singles thread?

Kumagarou?

Kupo!

JaqueDarkBRONZE Member
journeyman
55 posts

Posted:
 Written by :fire.chef

shout out who ever hasn't called their gf or bf a pet name without their knowledge.

Yeh uhh I did. My ex... he doesn't know this but I call him cucumber boy... and not even for any obvious reason. ubbloco

Oh and about kumagarou... I'm a big anime fan and kumagarou is a plushie from one of my favourite shows. It's a pink bunny rabbit. Actually, at the moment I do prefer my little kuma to any guy, and I'm not ashamed to admit it!ubbrollsmile

JD

x
EDITED_BY: JaqueDark (1212260916)

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
Wow, must be a good bunny then. I want one.

BORED of being single now. No time to be anything else though, suckssssssssssss........

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

Sarah_PBRONZE Member
78 posts

Posted:
I don't mind being single so much, especially since I run with the renfaire circuit. Makes some things a bit easier and less dramatic.

Still, I often wish I had someone to cuddle with on a regular basis or call when I get, erm, itches. I want a relationship but have yet to find anyone worthwhile who's close to where I live. (lots of folks farther away, like 4+ hours, which is total hardcore suckage)

NathanielEveristSILVER Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
Just to be mean, I wanna highlight that I'm in a 4 year relationship and counting...

That said though, anybody that's been in a long-term relationship (by that I'm talking years, not months) will know that it can get pretty tedious.

You guys talk about how you miss having somebody to cuddle up to. Well, I miss being able to go a whole night without having a phone conversation that goes for so long it makes my ears hurt. I miss being able to hang out with my friends guilt free! In fact, I miss the feeling of not feeling guilty, period. I miss being able to dance, joke around and just have fun, without my girlfriend getting angry for me embarrassing her. And of course, I miss other girls. But most of all, I miss freedom.

Hopefully that will cheer some of you singles up. You've gotta remember, no matter where you are in life, the grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side once you've been on your current side long enough.

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
If the grass is greener on the other side, go there wink Or maybe talk to the gf about the guilt feelings? It doesn't sound very healthy.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
NathanielEverest, I'm sorry you are feeling that way about the relationship that you are in. It's not supposed to make you feel that way and if I at any time felt that way or felt that my boyfriend felt that way I would end it, even if it broke my heart, because thats not what love is supposed to be about. I'm not saying it's all sunshine and roses, but anyone who makes you feel guilty for being who you are doesn't love you the way you deserve to be loved. I'm not saying she doesn't love you or that you don't love her, all I'm saying is that to love is to understand, and the negative feelings you speak of are bread from misunderstanding.

Anyway, I'm not going to go into all that now, I am no one to point figers and reading over what I just wrote I see it might be construed as that, please don't take it that way! I just to say that a good relationship is supposed to be easy, and if it isn't it's not worth it. I was a hardcore singleton for...well forever, my longest "relationship" was only a few months and that was only because I wanted to beat my previous record and only saw 'boyfriends' on weekends, and I ended up really disliking every guy I got involved with for anythng more that a one night thing. I became disenchanted with the whole thing and stopped looking to the point where my drive was actually at 0.I decided that I would stop diving into anything that came my way and took my fancy and wait until I was sure. I was willing to wait forever if need be because I was tired of stringing people along and hurting feelings.It got to the point where I thought that there was something wrong with me becuase of how I felt about these men who I was supposed to be falling 'inlove' with.Actually I couldn't stand to be around them because I was trying to make a realtionship between a a piece of chalk and a piece of cheese work, and was confused when I didn't feel the way I thought I would feel. Then I met someone, well my eyes saw someone I already knew in a different light.Now I am little miss perfect girlfriend and I have never been this sickly happy. I recieve the love that I believe I am due and I love like I've never loved before. I just know that we were made for each other because it's all so easy and just feels so right.I never knew how easy it could be. It's over a year later and I cannot belive my luck, we are moving in together and planning the rest of our lives.

What I'm trying to say is that the one was worth waiting for and I'm so glad I decided when I did to stop jumping into silly little relationships for the sake of it and wasting mine and other peoples time, possibly breaking a few hearts along the way . In all fairness I thought I would be waiting for a whole lot longer so I do count myself extremely lucky, but it happened, and as cliched as it is, it happened when I stopped looking.

I am fully aware however, that if he does ever change his mind, i will undoubtedly be left to wonder the planet alone till the end of my days. ubblol

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Blu_valley, I'm with you 100%.

Things should happen without anything having to be forced and often the best things are those you didn't see coming. I look back on some of my past relationships and wonder what could have held me back from just walking away and the answer is, ultimately, fear. Its exactly the fear that many single people have, the same I used to, that of being alone forever. At some point though you have to realise its not about having someone there, its about being happy, weather you are alone or in a relationship.

I'm in the most "confusing" state at the moment in which I'm single and still sort of with a girl. Shes going away for a while and neither of us think a long distance thing is a good idea, but somehow we can't not be together in these last 3 weeks till she goes. Somehow we are both totally comfortable with whats going on which I would never have expected. I truly believe that when she returns we'll end up together again, but we don't really know what will happen.

The point I'm trying to make is that it doesn't matter if you are single, taken, married, having casual relations with 15 of your mates, whatever. Find a situation in which all of those involved can be happy and you're on a winner. If you're not happy you need to make a change either to yourself or your situation. Much love Nathaniel hug

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

NathanielEveristSILVER Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
Aw, thanks guys. I agree Blu_valley. Ironically, when I wanted somebody, nobody was there. Then as soon as I was like: "To hell with this, I'm happy alone" I got a number of girls wanting to be with me, one of which I'm still with today.

And yeah, I do feel that way sometimes, but really. I love her, and she loves me, and I couldn't risk not finding somebody as good as she is if I left her, and I couldn't hurt her feelings like that, she's a very dependent girl. That said though, I am happy in our relationship, don't think I'm not, just every now and then though I just get tired of being guilt tripped. Argh! There I go again! I love her, I'm happy, she's happy and it's all good.

Thanks all, wishing you all the best. Just remember, being single is lots of fun too.

1,286 posts

Posted:
well, i'm now making the most of my time being single, and i'm embarking on a 40 day and night abstinence starting from last night!
its something i've wanted to do for a while, as a friend of mine did it and told me what an amazing experience it was.
So i'll keep you guys updated on just how large my balls get over the next (nearly) six weeks! lol

O.B.E.S.E.

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Umm, no massive posts from me but...

Yay for being happy, regardess of your romantic life!

Kupo!

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
Lat night I did some kind of relationship-bookkeeping (not on paper, it's not yet that bad). The result: even though I have hardly had any relationships or colouring (hurray for all those who saw the SATC-movie) lately, the amount of GOOD relationships and GOOD colouring (hey, the forum is PG-rated!) stayed about the same.
Not sure what to think of that.
On the one hand, I am happy that I seem to be able to make better choices now.
On the other hand, this is not really encouraging. I guess I might indeed be better of just getting myself some ladies' toys instead of guys. Oh my. *sigh*

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
o.k., I admit, there is a reason why I'm so pessimistic. The guy on whom I've had a huge crush for two years (we've had some kind of on-and-off-affair for the last two years) turned weird. Until now, he's always been moody and instable. But good, I can live with that. But now he started to take his moods out on my, trying to put me down and to insult me. That's no fun any more.

Non-Https Image Link

o.k., that already feels a bit better now.
But he's still an a*****e

And I am going to see him again in 2 weeks and I hope this is not going to end in a weird way.

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Aww boo frown (Is it who I think it is?) Taking issues out on others = lame. Tell him to grow up. hug

<-- has had a very nice not-so-single-weekend. Well. Single weekend. With another single. You know what I mean.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
Stop rubbing it in!

No really, I am very happy for you hun hug

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Well I thought you might want to know about it wink Not sure yet what'll happen next, I've been invited back but trains are hellishly expensive at the moment... hmmmmmmmmmmm. Not that I have a free weekend in the next month or so anyway, so no point worrying my pretty little brain about it.

(G.W. Dahlquist)

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
I want to know about it. Better than my "nothing is ever going to happen"-life. It's the Swedish guy. censored . I'm pretty sure I told you about him. *grrrrr* And in two weeks I'm going to a summer school which he is also going to attend. For two months! I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for some two-singles-time (as you would probably call it. Congratulations, by the way!), but it turns out this is going to be some I-will-either-hide-or-hit-him-but-try-not-to-fall-for-his-charms-again-time.

Pffft.

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Aurinko

It's the Swedish guy. censored.

Oh, look at that. They automatically censor some words now. I didn't write censored. It just replaced one of the things I wrote. Seriously. eek Technical-stuff can be so scary.

1,286 posts

Posted:
well, one week into the abstinence and my patience was tested at the weekend. I knew this would happen! now that i can't have any kind of sexual relationship for the next 40 days, it's being offered to me on a plate! ah well, that's the way the cookie crumbles!

O.B.E.S.E.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Thought it might be him. Maybe things will be much better though if you're actually spending time together at that summer school, long distance stuff can be so difficult!
Mine is the typical case of when I was living in Scotland, I had a boyfriend in England. Now I'm in England and this guy I hardly knew before except for 2 nights out with friends comes down all the way from Scotland to visit me. So now I kind of wish I was still in Edinburgh so that it wouldn't be 16 hours and 100 pounds on the train (both return, so I'll live) to go and return the visit. ubblol

(G.W. Dahlquist)

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
 Written by :Dr_Birgit

Maybe things will be much better though if you're actually spending time together at that summer school, long distance stuff can be so difficult!

Don't know. The problems actually emerged last time I saw him in person. And by now I'm not too interested in getting together with him any more. That's the biggest thing I learned last year: when somebody treats you like s*** and takes advantage of you, don't hope that it will get better at some point, just leave!
By now I even found somebody else I am interested in biggrin
The problem is that this guy is Japanese (check your PMs for a link to pictures of him) = not too openly aggressive and outgoing in the personal area. I'll probably have to take the initiative, but I don't want to scare him (after all I was a tentacled monster in this stupid "what sex-type are you"-game on facebook)

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
and that Scotland and England thing is a natural law. Now you know.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Ah okay, I thought he'd turned weird from a distance. But having seen that Japanese guy, dump the Swede and pick the hot one biggrin
Apparently I scare people a lot. If they can't live with that then there's your ideal preselection criteria smile
Oh, and I kind of figured about the natural law. At least now I have a nice distraction for when I'm back in Scotland, and for the time being I'm busy anyway (just checked for weekends I could actually go up to see the guy and the next one I wouldn't have to cancel something else for is in 7 weeks. Meh. Natural law again do we think?)
On the funny side, I think my I-Don't-Know-If-I-Love-You-Anymore ex is getting a bit jealous ubblol

(G.W. Dahlquist)

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
 Written by biggrinr_Birgit

But having seen that Japanese guy, dump the Swede and pick the hot one biggrin

I'd love to, I just don't know how to start that. We've already been out a few times, but always together with others. We also talk regularly (we both work at the same institute at the moment) and we're kind of lurking around each other. I would so much like to just touch him, but I'm afraid he might scream then. O.k., maybe he won't, but one never knows, does one? (And: did you see the Halloween pictures? YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Your every-seven-weeks thing sounds confusing. Sorry. The upside is that at least you won't get onto each others nerves and the guy has a chance to prove how inventive he is and how much he cares about you. The downside is: it sounds complicated and confusing. Chose the perspective you prefer.

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Oh, the 7 weeks is just for now. I'll be back in Scotland in September, before that the earliest time I can make to go up is probably in 7 weeks, unless I miss out on a concert I promised to go to. Sorry! Not sure if there's any potential there anyway, so shouldn't be worrying too much.

I'm sure you'll think of something for Japanese guy, fingers crossed smile Then we don't need to be taking over the singles thread anymore...

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Tabathanewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Im ... I know noone here =( o well thats why Im here =)

Love Tabby

1,286 posts

Posted:
AAAAAAW! pull up a beanbag tabby, fancy a brew?

*over 2 weeks in now, and strangely, it's actually getting easier. It actually feels good to have abstained from any sexual behaviour for a fortnight. It's helped me get closer to a girl who i've liked for a while, as i'm not always thinking of ways to get her into bed! we've just been spending alot of quality time together. I'm hoping i may be leaving thist thread soon!.....not that i want to get away from you guys or anything! lol

O.B.E.S.E.

DaZeenewbie
13 posts

Posted:
*joins in on the single thread*

Yay for singles! I've officially decided I'm the worst gf ever, so I'm staying single for a while. That, and I don't know anyone out here in NY well enough to want to date and I am NOT long-distance dating my friends in Missouri.

Lift your glasses high, me friends, and join us in our song
We will toast to all we know, so sing, yes, sing along
We will drink to those we miss and those we don’t as well
For toasting here is the excuse for us to drink like hell!