• You must now select Courier Delivery if you wish to receive items before Christmas.

Page: 1...5960616263...145
Rouge Dragon
BRONZE Member since Jul 2003

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Total posts: 13215
Posted:This is the official post for the singles in opposition to the love post!

(im going to laugh so much is Vanize makes a singles topic at the same time! lol!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete Topic

Brenn
PLATINUM Member since Jun 2004

Brenn

Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.

Total posts: 3286
Posted: Written by: Carrot_Girl

damn it! I've been dumped! *grr*

hug frown

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Delete

Pogo69
SILVER Member since Apr 2006

Pogo69

there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness

Total posts: 3764
Posted:ditto, mr susan... frown hug

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Delete

Brenn

Brenn

Posted:9 months now. hurrah, lol. frown

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Total posts: 6120
Posted:We don't need to be with people. We need to be alone with and feel comfortable with ourselves, and from what I can see - we are kick-ass people to be alone with... biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

Birgit
BRONZE Member since Jan 2005

Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much

Total posts: 4145

damn it!

eek

Have one from me, too!! hug

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete

blu_valley
SILVER Member since Apr 2005

blu_valley

fluffy mess

Total posts: 197
Posted: Written by: 87wt2gxq7

Written by: blu_valley

Actually, I could use those razorblades, theyre not cheap you know...and the legs are feeling a little fuzzy this winter (so perhaps it's a good thing that I'm single ubblol)

*ceases fancying blu_valley*
wink

Hey! It's nothing a 5 minute shave can't cure buddy ubblol wink

Written by: Neon_Shaolin

We don't need to be with people. We need to be alone with and feel comfortable with ourselves, and from what I can see - we are kick-ass people to be alone with...

Oh I'm comfortable with myself...a little too comfortable perhaps ubblol Then again I don't feel the need to be with someone who doesn't take my breath away or sweep me off my feet because I have Lee in my life. My life-mate if it were. I think I could get married and have kids and he and his boyfriend would probably still live with us , I'd go mental otherwizeubblol

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Total posts: 1502
Posted: Written by: blu_valley

Hey! It's nothing a 5 minute shave can't cure buddy ubblol wink

Wahey, it's back on! wink tongue

(cept I'd probably just get all stroppy and jealous if your heart belongs to baby lee ubblol)

Delete

Carrot_Girl

Carrot_Girl

Close your eyes and make a wish

Total posts: 194
Posted:Thanks for the hugs everyone, much needed and appreciated. This guy was actually nice, it's quite gutting.

So to take my mind off that I'm buying a house. OMG.

Someone sedate me.

Life is a journey ... not a guided tour.

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:Got the house already? If so, link to piccies? biggrin

All I bought to take my mind off stressful things were new boots. I love them though, not as cool as the ones I lost one of (they were called Britney. Both.) but smarter. And my ankles hurt much less since I have them, so yay biggrin

And thank God I'm not hairy, cause it seems like I ain't winning those razorblades ubblol

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Thanks for the hugs everyone, much needed and appreciated. This guy was actually nice, it's quite gutting.

frown I found these in my desk drawer and would like you to have them: hug hug hug

Written by: Carrot_Girl

So to take my mind off that I'm buying a house. OMG.

OMGWTFBBQ!
Who's lending you a mortgage if you're still a student (and can I have their number and do you think they'll like it if I try to kiss them on the first date?!)

Delete

Carrot_Girl

Carrot_Girl

Close your eyes and make a wish

Total posts: 194
Posted:I haven't got pictures up yet... just wanna wait until i get the valuation report and know it's going through.

My blood is about 60% coritsol at the moment! I'm so excited but anxious about it. I really love the house, it's in a studenty area of Preston, Lovely old victorian place... needs modernising etc, but I just love it. It has load of original features, coving, roll top bath, and outside WC (there's an inside one too). Man, you should see some of it though, funky carpets, and groovy art deco fireplace!

I haven't bought any boots for a while... if the house falls through then I'll definately follow in your footsteps Birgit!

I'm self certifying the mortgage because I didn't want to use the world student in my application. I am hereby a self employed researcher. Not a lie, a mere re-labelling of the truth... I haven't tried to kiss them yet.... do you want to try them for me 87wt2gxq7?

And thanks for the additional hugs! hug here's one for you

Life is a journey ... not a guided tour.

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted:Wow, house sounds most lovely!
*has real-estate envy*

Not a lie, a mere re-labelling of the truth...

Heh. I thought you did psychology not politics wink

I haven't tried to kiss them yet.... do you want to try them for me 87wt2gxq7?

Nah, I just got a bit excited. I'm thinking of going back to uni in a couple of years and I've just learned about capital gains tax (sell your house and if you don't use the to buy a new one, Uncle Government gets 40% of the profit, the cheeky buggers!) so I don't really feel inclined to go back to renting.
Hence, if someone offered me a student mortgage I would put out BIG TIME.

And thanks for the additional hugs! hug here's one for you

Fankoo!

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:I know a few people in Edinburgh who got a mortgage while doing a PhD, I can ask round which banks/companies/whatever that was with if you want?

(and I'm not just making this up so that I'll get a kiss)

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted: Written by: Birgit

I know a few people in Edinburgh who got a mortgage while doing a PhD, I can ask round which banks/companies/whatever that was with if you want?

Wow, if you could that would be great!

Written by: Birgit

(and I'm not just making this up so that I'll get a kiss)

Ah lovely, unless you're the mortgage lender me no love you long time.

Just kidding, you can have kisses whenever you want wink

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted:Changing the subject from home ownership (y'know, before Neon shouts at me again wink ) to kissing, is it just me or does this little guy --> kiss have a cleft upper lip?

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:Will ask round, just gotta wait until I'm back in Edinburgh with my computer and all my email addresses and phone numbers, which will be....... tomorrow night!!! bounce

And topic-change-wise... hmmmm... I don't know! But have a kiss back from me, I'm sure Neon won't object to that.

kiss

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:I don't know, I just think he's got a really bad sunburn and maybe too much makeup ubblol

And a very cheesy wink, look: kiss

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

Neon_Shaolin

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

But have a kiss back from me, I'm sure Neon won't object to that.

kiss

Frankly my dear you can have an orgy in here i wouldn't give a damn! tongue

To be honest I've spent so much of my life being single I actually prefer it as I have no idea what to do in a proper relationship! I don't feel sorry for myself so i don't except anyone to either. I just realise I'm not the relationship kind!

I've not met anyone whom I've thought 'wow' who likes me and anyone that does like me DOESN'T make me go 'wow'. It's a b*tch. I'll live, believe me I will LIVE! biggrin

I think I want to establish a friendship with someone first as every guy I've been out with I always jump into it when we first meet. It'd be nice to build a foundation first before deciding you want to take it to the next level.

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

Mr Majestik
SILVER Member since Mar 2004

Mr Majestik

coming to a country near you

Total posts: 4693
Posted: Written by: Neon_Shaolin

I think I want to establish a friendship with someone first as every guy I've been out with I always jump into it when we first meet. It'd be nice to build a foundation first before deciding you want to take it to the next level.

ah, except the guy thing i think this is the main problem with meeting people in pubs and clubs. i'd rather actually know if i like someone before make some kind of a commitment.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Delete

Neon_Shaolin

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Posted:I'm confused to what your point is... umm

You talking about how meeting guys in clubs generally don't lead to 'friendships first, relationships later'?.

It looks like you're agreeing with me in the second part but I dunno! confused

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Frankly my dear you can have an orgy in here i wouldn't give a damn! tongue

Thought so... bloody forum-pgness!! ubblol

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

monserat
SILVER Member since Apr 2006

monserat

My flabber is gasted

Total posts: 737

To be honest I've spent so much of my life being single I actually prefer it as I have no idea what to do in a proper relationship! I don't feel sorry for myself so i don't except anyone to either. I just realise I'm not the relationship kind!

I've not met anyone whom I've thought 'wow' who likes me and anyone that does like me DOESN'T make me go 'wow'. It's a b*tch.

Yeah, I'm about the same. The longest I've ever been with someone is 6 months and for most of that I was desperately trying to convince myself that this is what a relationship is like after the novelty wears off and it wasn't that I didn't want to be with her after all.

hard to please, fickle, right place at the wrong time (my personal speciality), all amounts to the same thing in the end!! ubblol

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

Delete

blu_valley

blu_valley

fluffy mess

Posted: Written by: monserat

Yeah, I'm about the same. The longest I've ever been with someone is 6 months and for most of that I was desperately trying to convince myself that this is what a relationship is like after the novelty wears off and it wasn't that I didn't want to be with her after all.

Wow... snap! Thats just like me!! ubblol

My last relationship lasted six months, my longest ever...but only because the last two months I stuck at it just to reach the six month mark... no other reason ubblol

I fall hard, and put my all into a relationship for the first..ummm...few months...and then completely lose interest in the other person as a human being...it's a bit weird, because that never happens with friends... *scratches head looking puzzled*

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:There's this Swiss guy every school kid in Germany gets exposed to. His name is Max Frisch. I didn't particularly like his stuff, but here's something smart he wrote:

Written by: Frisch

Not for nothing does it say in the Commandments Thou shalt not make unto thee any image ... Every image is a sin.... When you love someone you leave every possibility open to them, and in spite of all the memories of the past you are ready to be surprised, again and again surprised, at how different they are, how various, not a finished image.

So once we think we know a person (or once they stop surprising us, for whatever reason), that's usually it. True enough for me.

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

Lost83spy
BRONZE Member since Sep 2005

Lost83spy

Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!

Total posts: 587

There's this Swiss guy every school kid in Germany gets exposed to. His name is Max Frisch. I didn't particularly like his stuff, but here's something smart he wrote:

Written by: Frisch

Not for nothing does it say in the Commandments Thou shalt not make unto thee any image ... Every image is a sin.... When you love someone you leave every possibility open to them, and in spite of all the memories of the past you are ready to be surprised, again and again surprised, at how different they are, how various, not a finished image.

So once we think we know a person (or once they stop surprising us, for whatever reason), that's usually it. True enough for me.

Wow! That is so true! It happens to me sometimes

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

Delete

ickleMatt

ickleMatt

enthusiast

Total posts: 242
Posted:(ickleMatt continues to use this thread to air thoughts that bounce around his brain needing expressing)

The other night I think I worked out why I seem to meet loads of likely women but never seem to be able to go far with taking it any further. I was always a very shy person and with age I have grown very confident in many ways (much thanks to travelling and juggling), but dealing with women is one area where I have never had a whole load of experience; so with that respect I'm still very shy and naive. Therefore women see me as a very confident person but when I don't display that confidence in chatting them up and expressing my interest (ie I f' it up) they think either I'm not interested or I'm an idiot.

Time for my favourite rhetorical question: What to do?

Delete

Brenn

Brenn

Posted: Written by: ickleMatt

Time for my favourite rhetorical question: What to do?

Easier said than done obviously, but just try your hand with unlikely people and with no expectations, and gauge what works and what doesn't.

Unfortunately, attraction isn't a choice, nor is it logical. Best of luck dude! hug

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Delete

blu_valley

blu_valley

fluffy mess

Posted: Written by: Brenn

Unfortunately, attraction isn't a choice, nor is it logical. Best of luck dude! hug

*shakes head with eyes closed*

So true...

*sigh*

Delete

Lost83spy
BRONZE Member since Sep 2005

Lost83spy

Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!

Total posts: 587
Posted:ahhh, singleness....

I think this is my fate

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

Delete

Neon_Shaolin

Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh

Posted:If that is the case Lost, then enjoy your life as it is...

The more comofortable you are with yourself the more comfortable people will be with you...

Delete

Page: 1...5960616263...145