Page: ......
Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
This is the official post for the singles in opposition to the love post!

(im going to laugh so much is Vanize makes a singles topic at the same time! lol!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Birgit, dont play waiting games, if the two of you want to see each other it really does not matter who goes where-- if it is easier for you to get there, and you both want to be together, then just do it! Enjoy!

PS if you are not certain if he wants you to come visit again soon- ish, then try something really radical, like er, I dont know, asking?! wink

single or not, communication is good...

much luck and happiness, for all you guys
hug

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
lmao... yeah, done the asking tongue seems a definite yes for meeting up again smile

The lack of free time in our schedules is annoying though, but then it means we're both people who actually have a life, doesn't it! I think I'm still too much "wait a minute! Something's got to be wrong there!" to just go for it biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

rhi_bmember
51 posts

Posted:
yey birgit thats great! smile
have been seeing someone on and off the last two years but never really got around to going out and am now very confused as his ex is coming to live in the area for a couple of months and seems to think that he wants to get back together eith her and i dont know where i stand now! ubbcrying

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Hmmn. I guess you could do something sort of radical, like, er, I dont know, maybe, asking where you stand? wink

hug

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
andrea you have a very strange views on these matters of the heart. Who would ever think of just vocalising what their feeling. Thats genius. ubblol ubblol ubblol tongue

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
it's true though...

Good luck rhi_b, if he's worth fighting for go for it, I mean after 2 years all you have to lose is HIM and that seems about to happen if you don't try. hug

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

rhi_bmember
51 posts

Posted:
smile thanks i have tried asking him but he doesnt seem to have a clue either! oh well will all sort itself out soon no doubt! (i hope)

wolfbro001SILVER Member
77 posts

Posted:
I ccan't believe I'm asking this, but is there any tricks/tips to hooking up with someone at a fire meet confused i just think it's a little dangerous walking up to someone while they're twirling and talking to them eek... and talking to them after they're done's just plain awkward...
I've been racking my brains to figure out just *how* i managed to spark conversations in the past redface

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
talking to them after is easy! just say that was a really good trick they did and can they teach you how to do it smile

Or, if you don't know them, say you liked their spinning and by the way you're (insert your name here). You can ask soooooo many questions, like how long have they been spinning, how did they get into it, do they know any other cool places to spin, and develop a conversation from there!

While twirling is a bad idea. Unless you're confident enough (and they look like they won't mind) that you can walk up to them with your toys and start some fiery interaction smile

(G.W. Dahlquist)

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
You could always approach with your toys and ask them for a light!?

You'd be pretty unlucky for anyone to say no! smile

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

wolfbro001SILVER Member
77 posts

Posted:
smile thanks for the tips Birgit and Bird. will give it a shot next moonfest. on that note, if you attend moonfest and someone starts talking to you, please do not beat them with your staff/poi as it will more than likely be me :P

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Just keep in mind that I'm actually on the singles thread, too, so I might have slightly unrealistic ideas of what works ubblol

(G.W. Dahlquist)

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
well, looks like im back in here

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
*Giggles* Rougie, one of your smilie people fell down!!!

hug ubblove hug

Meh

artindorilmember
117 posts

Posted:
 Written by: wolfbro001

I ccan't believe I'm asking this, but is there any tricks/tips to hooking up with someone at a fire meet confused i just think it's a little dangerous walking up to someone while they're twirling and talking to them eek... and talking to them after they're done's just plain awkward...

I've been racking my brains to figure out just *how* i managed to spark conversations in the past redface

Ok, I shouldn't be here (not being single and all). But I saw this and thought that I'd chuck in my two pennies worth.

I met my current gf at a meet, basically we both turned up early. Spoke to her for a bit and then for the next few weeks I basically suggested to the others that we went for a drink after spinning.

After bout three weeks I organised a social event for the whole club and invited her along (cos it's a uni club and she doesn't go to my uni). Everything happened from there really.

Basically don't be shy, take the incentive and take a chance. If you don't risk you'll neva know.

Now time for me to escape this board before I jinx things lol biggrin
EDITED_BY: artindoril (1154358443)

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
well i am in here to i guess... being single and all kinda depressing not having a serious relationship i am surronded by 15 and 16 year olds being 17 there out of bound and there so annoying none of them are mature and none of them spin ethier its annoying being at a age were hardly anyone spins and being in the middle of gloucester.

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
ok..................so i've been told this by female mates of mine.............i'm vague and seem un-interested ubblol well....................unless you know me VERY well you'd know different, i've scared many females off by being too interested, and i'm sick of all the games, if you like me and i like you so be it but i will not act up, be a pawn or bow down to sociotey just to please some woman. i'm ok as i am, don't want the stresses of another thinking appendageubblol

take me and accept me for who i am and not what you can manipulate me into tongue

to this end.............until i find someone on my level,someone that accepts me for me i will remain single. some say "is he gay" to my closest frineds and when they find out i've seen through them for what they are or what they want i will remain to keep my distance.

life is NOT about partnering up, having kids and conforming to sociotys beliefs, it's about living!!!!

man ecologicly was not designed to be monogamous, if we where we would be so inbread we would be extinct by now....................let alone the "adam and eve" theory........ the bible is full of lies and miss truthes.

BE FREE, IN MIND, SPIRIT, BODY AND SOUL!!!!!!

babylon has conceptualised how we should live our lives, to further productivity through the programming they subjugate us to from the day we are born, babylon wants us all conforming to the beliefes of the deluded masses.

shake off the shackels of sociotey, conformaty.

"fear nahh babylon"

LIVE life, not exist

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
I've learned this past week that a great way to remain single, and generally unsocial is to loose your cell phone, not call anyone, and immerse yourself in a great TV drama that replaces the life you lost.

On that note, I'm going to stop tearing up over the season finale of Grey's Anatomy.

...in a minute...
*sobs*

footinmouth

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

DragosaniGOLD Member
sunset seadragon
679 posts

Posted:
Rougie, it is!

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” - Oscar Wilde
Jointly owned by FreyaJ, Birgit and Aurinko

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
it is me? what? huh? i didn't do it! there were no witnesses and i have an alibi!!!

DragosaniGOLD Member
sunset seadragon
679 posts

Posted:
"a better singles thread than the other one" biggrin

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” - Oscar Wilde

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
see! i told you! i am the queen of the singles!!!

oh dear god i dont think thats a good thing...

DragosaniGOLD Member
sunset seadragon
679 posts

Posted:
what? being a queen,
or being single?
YOU ARE GORGEOUS !!!!
And let noone tell you otherwise or you'll get spank

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
no but rouge you are single now so you're gonna have men knocking on your door, you are so FINE! biggrin

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I'll get knocks on the door when men stop being stubborn and start asing for directions to it wink

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
better post a map then love! :P

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
what a lovely home u have, rougie... and here's a pic of the road that'll lead you there...

Non-Https Image Link

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
1. are you stalking me?

2. that road's yellow!
*dances to the Wizard of Oz*

Page: ......