Page: ......
Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
This is the official post for the singles in opposition to the love post!

(im going to laugh so much is Vanize makes a singles topic at the same time! lol!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
me, I just avaoid the whole singles issue by maintaining a growing, diverse and entertaining International Harem.

Works real well!

* except when people start crossing borders unexpectedly at the same time...

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
im single cos the girl i want, wants to go back out with her old bf

dammit!

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Single as a single thing.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Single is as single does.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I need to alone with me. From what I've been told I'm a good person to be alone with....

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Harry_PotterToadStool Circus Acts
181 posts

Posted:
Well me and my ex hadnt a massive row. I think we've sourted it all. Well im happier. And i think she is. So im slightly happy. Now just to get over her.

Yo-yoist, Staffer and 3 Ball and Club Juggling
'Its people like us, who make them feel talentless.'

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
thats good its horrible when things just get left and it makes it harder to move on

life is what you make it and what you want it to be

simeonSILVER Member
enthusiast
233 posts

Posted:

i was happy(ish) being single up until a month or so ago, when in walks someone that totally knocked me over. then, knocked me over.

isnt it fun to have it all suck time and time again.

no mummy, please dont make me go to millyways again.

i hate the way it all ends!

alicewonderlandBRONZE Member
Born on a green light daddy-o!!!
126 posts

Posted:
okay so i'm not single but I came in here to let all you singles know...bask in it, love it, soak it up, roll around and embrace your singleness!!!!!!!! Sometimes I wish I was but am so afraid of dealing with the initial depression of loosing someone you really do love but just doesn't make you happy. I have serious relationship problems but don't feel like I have the money to get out of the situation without creating a worse one...on one hand I do love him, but he has been caught doing some not so trustworthy things and he tells me I should loose weight, and he never takes me anywhere and recently has been talking harshly to me, not like yelling and screaming but saying rude things and being just nasty ya' know. So when I first met him I weighed 120 now I weigh 135lb I know I have gained weight but now I'm so insecure, I used to be atleast like man I'm alright ya' know but not anymore I'm not comfy in my own skin. I don't know why I have ranted on for soo long but maybe it will make all the singles happier to be single, I know I would love to go back to that time... i am now done infiltrating the singles forum **tiptoes out the back door**

When you're already walking on thin ice...why not dance?

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
lol I didnt need that quote then your post is right above me ubbrollsmile

We can only bask in our singleness if our togetherness with a partner is censored. Which would lead to a brake up, then more singleness, I mean lonleyness. Im sure we've all had partners, we all know that being in a good relationship is better than being single.

Ive got a lad after me, we went to the cinema and afterwards we kissed in the train station, I only wanted to give him a little smooch so I did, but he ended up proper sucking my face off, I didnt stop him though I was enjoying it too much at the time. Still though I dont have any feelings for him and I didnt really havethe desire to push him up agaisnt the wall and reach down HIS pants. He wants me too much I dont think i'll end up feeling anyhting for him...I cant beleive im saying this lol, its not the first ime though it happens all the time I need to be swept off my feet to want to go out with anyone but its only happend once and its never been like that since.
EDITED_BY: Brit_Joe (1142541900)

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
All i can say Joe is don't "settle" if you dont "like" him, then dont go there, its harsh on him, and its un-needed pressure on you.

Conversley, you arent gonna be swept off your feet everytime, sometiems a good guy will come along and everything will slot into place, good things happen, wait for them.

and to add to the whole thread....im single...:(

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
<~~~~ single

at times it's good, at times it's not. but i had to share this odd thing i woke up to this morning....a friend called me and said he and another friend have some deviousness in mind....and then asks me if i'm opposed to being set up on a blind date eek

i don't know if that's a good sign or a bad sign when friends realize you need to be set up on a date....

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Brit_Joe

Im sure we've all had partners, we all know that being in a good relationship is better than being single.

Just as their are varying degrees of qualities of relationships with others, so there are varying degrees of quality of 'singleness'.

It's evident from your previous posts that you've almost certainly not experienced a high degree of appreciation of quality singleness.

Being in a good relationship is not necessarily better than being single.

Much of the misery I see in this thread is caused not by the fact that people are single, but because of their mis/preconceptions concerning the values of being in relationships/being single. I feel it's important not to add to the considerable bias by letting statements like the one quoted above, pass by without remark.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I know Vampyricacid I shouldnt, but thats the thing I cant say goodbye without giving him a chance first. [winge]I really hate the early stages of relationships and I hate being single even more.[/winge]

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
 Written by: onewheeldave

Im sure we've all had partners, we all know that being in a good relationship is better than being single.

Just as their are varying degrees of qualities of relationships with others, so there are varying degrees of quality of 'singleness'.

It's evident from your previous posts that you've almost certainly not experienced a high degree of appreciation of quality singleness.

Being in a good relationship is not necessarily better than being single.

Much of the misery I see in this thread is caused not by the fact that people are single, but because of their mis/preconceptions concerning the values of being in relationships/being single. I feel it's important not to add to the considerable bias by letting statements like the one quoted above, pass by without remark.

i haven't read the rest of the thread...so apologies if this is irrelevant....but...

i was in long term relationships solid between the ages of 14 - 21. (i'm 22) then i had about 4 months single, now i'm in a long term relp again. i have loved all my relationships, and gained so much from them, and when i first found myself single i was petrified. but once i learned to enjoy it, i realised that it was entirely equal - not better or worse - to being in a relp. i'm in one now because i met someone special, but i enjoyed being single. not for seeing lots of people or anything, but because i could be me, not someone in relation to someone else. and both were equally valuable for me.

my experience of being single (although short lived!) helped me be more independant in this relationship, which i don't think would have workes AT ALL without that. my time in relationships made me appreciate the freedom of having no one to report back to. the two states compiment eachother perfectly, as does eveything in life, as long as you are a well ajusted person, you can enjoy whatever life throws at you, and you should - life is fab!!!

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Amen to that Martha! hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

GeoffonTour04SILVER Member
enthusiast
360 posts

Posted:
Dunno I prefer being single I know people who are in relationships for the sake of it & it just turns into hassle. I also know some people who started long term relationships then got scared/dissilusioned and though it wasn't messy as such there was a lot of pain involved for all sides.

Having been on the fence of a lot of relationship issues I can safely say that personally I'd rather just do my own thing, maybe a bird will turn up eventually (not that I'll notice I'm terrible for that) but until then *shrugs*

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Heres a thing..

What if the human race is not naturally meant to have relationships, but to simply reproduce as much as possible?
umm

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
I like that train of thought Jon! wink

(spot the single guy again! rolleyes )

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
ugh! BAAAAD idea. babies are minging, i like the relp, but less of the reproduction thank you. tongue

strong-bad pop up book,

shoshanahSILVER Member
enthusiast
232 posts

Posted:
Being single is a time yo fined who you are so that when you start a new relationship you can be wiser about the 1 that you choose to be with and do not become an empty shell that lives out your partners life and dreams becouse you have not found your own life and dreams. Being single is your time to look at the world around you and spend time with your self and fined a life that you love and the things that you like to do.

life is what you make it and what you want it to be

10,530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Tao Star

ugh! BAAAAD idea. babies are minging

Yup. Totaly.

'Specially on 9 hour overnight flights. *twitch*

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

buzzingtalkMember
152 posts

Posted:
i love being in a relationship i love the security and the trust and the having someone there all the time kinda thing. but im a sh!t magnet, and it never works out for me! so which this is why i have been single for nearly a year now, and i hate it, but only becuse im such an old romantic!! i dont think people can put up with me for long enoguh to call a relationship!!

Kiss me now, You're beatiful, For these days are truly the last.

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i got to flirt with a cute guy and buy him drinks and shamelessly hug on him all night.....THIS is why i like being single biggrin

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
 Written by:

Being single is your time to look at the world around you and spend time with your self and fined a life that you love and the things that you like to do.

Then you fall in love and want to first of all...

a: Marry him and take his name *sighs longinly*

b: move in with him and grow old together

c: have his child (or for the gay equivilent, his and his SUV's and a pair of dalmation puppys called Ruby and Beauty)

d: buy a house together in the country and raise the children...or puppys in the countryside.

Stop fooling yourselves, lol singleness comes second place to falling in love.

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:

Written by:

Being single is your time to look at the world around you and spend time with your self and fined a life that you love and the things that you like to do.

Then you fall in love and want to first of all...

a: Marry him and take his name *sighs longinly*

b: move in with him and grow old together

c: have his child (or for the gay equivilent, his and his SUV's and a pair of dalmation puppys called Ruby and Beauty)

d: buy a house together in the country and raise the children...or puppys in the countryside.

Stop fooling yourselves, lol singleness comes second place to falling in love.

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

do people really want all that stuff? i though they were necessary evils! ha ha, but sriously., no way. just cause you love someone doesn't mean you want to settle down, like, ever!

just because you're with someone doesn't mean you lose who you are....you're like TWO seperate people who share some stuff, not an ntity in itself. the thing i hate most about couples is when they become like one person.

i love my bf obviously, but we manage to spend a month apart, remember we have our own names (instead of some obscene soppy rubbish). All we do is spend lots of time together, he;s like my best friend. neither of us feel obliged to do anything together that we wouldn't if we were just exactly that (apart from the obvious of course biggrin wink )

being single is not second.....i don't understand that attitude....and while people think that, how can you ever be truly happy either on your own OR in a relp.....in the one case you're trying to find someone for the sake of it, and in the other you're desperately trying to hang on. when you break up with someone you shouldn't mourn for the relationship, but for the person.

if the two states aren't equal, then you're not a complete person IMO

confused confused confused confused

strong-bad pop up book,

fiendishMember
51 posts

Posted:
yay to Pounce. I got to get flirted on by a cute 19 year old lass last saturday. We were both single and had a wonderful single time together.

"Aaah fire. Scourge of Prometheus,toaster of marshmallows & irradicator of small children..." SideshowBob.

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
I'm single and have been for ages..this is probably the third year of singleness..I don't mind, sometimes I do want a snuggle though, but I have friends who give great snuggles. I've only really had 1 proper relationship and that went on for 2 years..I never jump into relationship because most of the time I realise I don't actually like them I just like the attention.
Sometimes I wish I was in a relationship but then I see a friend who is and I think heh..not a chance. singleness can be fun. smile

hug me!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Right its official, not only are men bastards, but so are teenagers now. Ive been seeing this lad for afew weeks and right up until last night things were going well. So he invited me to his new flat in preston (college), we get together sit down on the bed and cuddle up together and watch the craft alltho we never got to see the film we were to pre-ocupied with each other.

Then at ten to freeking 12 he kicks me out for no reason at all without even saying why. I storm out and have to make my way back into the center, takes me about an hour to get there, luckily I managed to hitch a lift (after some strange looks lol) and then Im stranded at the train station because I dont have my debit card so I cant even withdraw some cash to get a taxi home. I have to wait till 5am to get a train anywhere near home.

If I ever see him again im gonna kick his face in mad2

10,530 posts

Posted:
I would like to point out at this point that certainly this teen isn't a [censored]...

biggrin

Page: ......