Page: ......
Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
This is the official post for the singles in opposition to the love post!

(im going to laugh so much is Vanize makes a singles topic at the same time! lol!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
a little gem I found...

https://divalion.livejournal.com/163615.html

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

CoOksBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
well... I could go with you wink Its been quite a while I havent been to the schweizerhaus. The prater is also perfect to do pois because there are a lot of green areas and squares smile

Who needs boys, when there's pois?

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Cooks, if you are feeling "desperate" for a relationship, that is exactly the wrong time to start one!! If you do, will very likely attract the wrong people. Or the right one in the sense of teaching you more lessons , but not in the sense of peace and happiness...

Take Rougies example, and exercise for the high, have friends for the loneliness and play time, and work on getting comfortable enough with yourself and your time that you are not desperate for anything... Happiness will attract happy people, etc etc. Be and live the example of who you want. Need does not work so well in relationships , too stressfull and full of expectations.

**If you know who and what you are , and are comfortable with that, you can make pie for anyone, any time. And simply enjoy it together!

We all had a brilliant night eating pumpkin pie, playing in the web, drumming and spinning fire...

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

CoOksBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
I guess you are right... I am trying so hard to forget how wounded I am by going from desastrous "relationship" to another. I have to slow down a bit and take time for myself.

So basically what you are saying, when I am ready to make pie for a guy, I will be ready for a relationship and know who I am biggrin

thanks so much, your advice is really enlightning and comforting at one time, that isnt usual smile
hug

Who needs boys, when there's pois?

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Circus Midget

Is anyone here like me? The "lets-women-become-his-friend-and-is-then-forever-seen-as-some-kind-of-eunuch" type?

confused

well if you include the "lets-guys-become-her-mate-and-is-therefore-only-ever-a-"good mate"-or-"one of the boys"" into that type then i'm in!

deal?

and Pogo - sounds like a great idea for a project when ive finished uni! OH YEAH!!!! beerchug

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:

Is anyone here like me? The "lets-women-become-his-friend-and-is-then-forever-seen-as-some-kind-of-eunuch" type?

confused

Yeah I've had that happen in the past frown It sucks.. I'll dig up a VERY excellent quote on that I found in Bash.org:

"A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants. But, we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired."

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Circus MidgetSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
I know your pain! hug

I think we're made for each othe Rougie! ubblove

I think the solution must be to NOT let anyone who ur attracted to become your friend. Just poke them with a stick 'till they go away, then ask em out! rolleyes

"It was me! I was the turkey all along!"

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
*snuggles mike*

Brenn, i've heard that before! I think it's soooo true! From both points of view!

however i do have a tendency to develop crushes on friends...or maybe develop friends from crushes...i'm totally not sure which...shrug

*has a feeling a lot of guys are going to want to be my friend now*

ubblol

ickleMattenthusiast
242 posts

Posted:

confused

Yup that'll be me as well frown Wasted a whole year on something like that frown

45 posts

Posted:
*pokes rouge with a stick*

There needs to be a class in school to deal with these kinda things. Learning not to declare your undying devotion to your closest friends would be much more useful than say.. Algebra.

Live 'n learn I guess.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
for sure! like algebra is useful in the real world!!

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ickleMatt

confused

Yup that'll be me as well frown Wasted a whole year on something like that frown

Yep, that's sorta me

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

SezzieSILVER Member
journeyman
54 posts

Posted:
So I'm wondering is anyone really happy being a singleton?
I used to claim to be, but that was before I'd really had a proper relationship (I was a late starter) and because I didn't want anyone else to know that I cared!!

Now I just depress myself by watching films where fate always plays the right hand and everyone meets their soul mate and lives happily ever after!! Why oh why do I do that? I just watched my sister get married and I've never seen her look so happy! i just wonder sometimes whether that'll ever be me!!

Sorry just watched another sappy romantic film and am feeling unloved and unwanted! redface

Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop and look around once in a while you just might miss it!

ickleMattenthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Sezzie,

Please stop me if I ramble... but this is something I have thought about myself.

We are all inside our own narrative of our lives; we are constructing the story about ourselves as we go - ie. who we are. If it is a story where currently we are currently single, then being single is a theme of the story. But the thing about stories is that you can't always tell whats going to happen around the corner... especially when you have a say on what happens.

Looking at other peoples life stories (esp through Hollywood) you have a more objective view of the themes and events in the story; you get to see the story unfold from the outside and you don't feel trapped by the themes.

So I guess I'm saying is that don't assume that being single will always be a theme of your life; because then it has the danger of become a self fulfilling assumption. And, further, change in one area of life percipitates changes in another.

Finally, I don't think that it is healthy to say that "I'll be happy if only I had such and such, or if I was with so and so" because that is making your happiness dependant on something you don't have control over; a dangerous business that will surely lead to tears. Happiness should be something you have innately and anything, such as being in a relationship, that makes you happier is a wonderful thing.

So, if you managed to get to the end of my post, when you move to London PM me and maybe we could hook up for a drink? biggrin

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Hey Sezzie!

I'm happily single at the moment. I'm not planning to stay single for the rest of my life (but we never know what life brings...!). But right now, I feel that I wouldn't be able to commit to a relationship for various reasons, mostly time, and that having one would be bad for both people involved. I'm working a lot, doing a lot of stuff aside from work, and am planning to go travelling once my current project's finished, so for me right now I'm happier as a single than I would be with someone smile

Hopefully I'll find someone one day that I want to be with so much that I'll be happy in a relationship, and for long, but until then the occasional "awwww! I wish that could be me!" is only natural. I've realised though that for most people I know the "awwww! I wish that could be me!" was accompanied by a "well, not really, I wouldn't be happy with that and that and that" wink takes away some of the jealousy.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Sezzie

I used to claim to be, but that was before I'd really had a proper relationship (I was a late starter) and because I didn't want anyone else to know that I cared!!

Now I just depress myself by watching films where fate always plays the right hand and everyone meets their soul mate and lives happily ever after!! Why oh why do I do that? I just watched my sister get married and I've never seen her look so happy! i just wonder sometimes whether that'll ever be me!!

Sorry just watched another sappy romantic film and am feeling unloved and unwanted! redface

Nope ubbcrying

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
*runs in, hugs everyone, runs out again*

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Truly, my state of happiness/saddness has little to do with whether I am single or not...

I have been both profoundly elated and profoundly depressed- and the usual ranges in between- during the whole length of my marriage- over ten years. And I have experienced those things as a single, or more acurately dating, person too. No more or less, really.

grouphug

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Sezzie

*huge hugs*

For most of the time I'm usually happy despite my status, but when that gets challenged and I feel like there's a chance i could be with someone wonderful, I tend to despair... like I am a bit now frown

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I'm happily single until I find someone I like...then I HATE being single and bump this thread again to have a bitch about it! ubblol

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Rouge Dragon

I'm happily single until I find someone I like...then I HATE being single and bump this thread again to have a bitch about it! ubblol

*cue resounding ditto* ubbrollsmile

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
Now, if I had the chance to be with someone who can make me laugh and is silly and random enough to put up with me and has LOTS of time for me when I need it and can afford it, but leaves me alone when I need time for myself without complaining, who doesn't have to be rich but has enough money to go travelling for a weekend or so from time to time without it being a huge problem, and who happens to be agreeably-looking and fantastic in other respects... well! THEN I'd be annoyed to be single! ubblol Asking much? Then I can hardly complain I guess...

(G.W. Dahlquist)

SezzieSILVER Member
journeyman
54 posts

Posted:
Matt - thankx for the ramble. I liked your perspective!!

And for the hugs from others!! It made me smile! smile

Its funny how I get sometimes as I'm not one of those people who constantly needs a man. I'm independant - very!!!! and like my own company. Its just sometimes I get a bit "nobody loves me everyone hates me. Think I'll go and eat worms". The world view of finding the perfect partner just accerbates that sometimes.

But today I'm glad to say that I'm pretty darn happy!!! Just the way I am! And I'm looking forward to moving to London and meeting some fellow hoppers. I don't know too many people in the big smoke or about the best it has to offer so will definitely hold you to the drink offer Matt!! sunny

Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop and look around once in a while you just might miss it!

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I'm quite happy being single. Everytime a budding relationship looms...I tend to quash it quite quickly...not because I enjoy being single...but because I'm tired of wasting my time.

I have to protect myself from my notorious bad taste and miserable mistakes ubblol

I am happy in the knowledge that when I am ready, and the right person comes along, I'll know it. Luckily though, I have a vary close-nit group of friends around me, and live with three beautiful people who never allow me to feel lonely or unloved, so I'm not pushed into relationships for the wrong reasons.

smile

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

45 posts

Posted:
Perhaps people have an innate need to pair up, do you think we can truly be happy as singles?

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
of course we can (generically), midget... I\\\'m at my most happy right now, a year and a few months away from a 10 year relationship. and if I could get work to slow down (which is likely to happen soon - YAY!!) I don\\\'t reckon life could get much better.

that doesn\\\'t mean I\\\'m averse to being in a relationship; I\\\'m certainly in no hurry to make it happen, but my happiness is not contingent upon it.

it all sounds a bit cliche, but it\\\'s true... you CAN NOT be truly happy in a relationship, unless you can first be happy in and by yourself.

ARRRGGGHH... back at work and the stupid backslashes \\\\ are back!! it\\\'s going to make me stop using conjunctions...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
Do you put them in my thread mister pogo!! To you corrupt my title with you \\\\\\. Huh, did ya!!! confused ubbrollsmile

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
ye, I did ... frown

sorry, I did it for an accident... and I meant contractions, not conjunctions... stupid language stuff...

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

BirgitBRONZE Member
4,145 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure about the being "truly happy" - I'm one of those people who's never quite 100% happy, but not in a horrible depressed kind of way. So I'd say it's possible to be AS happy with or without a relationship wink

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I think that theoretically, as humans we can be truly happy without being in a relationship. However because of the nature of society, we cannot in reality be truly happy single. however, i also don't know squat about psychology in this department. psychologically we do need love and compassion, therefore perhaps we are supposed to pair up. other animals do for life, so why not us.

rougie, gett out of here, you're talking crap cos you like the sound of english right now to remind you that you speak something that resembles it. blah blah blah. oh god you're talking to yourself.

Page: ......