Page: ......
Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
This is the official post for the singles in opposition to the love post!

(im going to laugh so much is Vanize makes a singles topic at the same time! lol!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Carrot_Girl

Thank you kind lady! fingers crossed! [I can't believe that you would be left behind though babe!]

I don't mind so much right now. Once the PhD's over and I'll actually have time to be properly hooked up I probably will though.

Managed to go on dates with 3 different boys in one week a while past and none of them really thrilled me in any way, so maybe it's just not the right time for me to be hooked up rolleyes

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: idancelikeapenguinme

well, i went on a 'date' with the older woman i was blabbering about earlier. didn't turn out too well. she made the decision before she got there that she just wants to be friends, for the sake of her 2 kids. i'm a bit gutted. i mean, she didn't even say friends with benefits! how dare she!

Her loss wink

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Was about to go on a date last night with a guy whom I met a few months ago but after finding out he was bi his friend gave me his number and told me to go for it and I texted him. Only to find he had a girlfriend.

He suddenly texted me out of the blue last week asking if I wanted to hook up that week but I was down south. Came back, he said he was free then at the last minute said he couldn't as something had come up... Hmmmmm....

Good job my heart had atrophied to stone years ago...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
ah well dave, sure something will come up soon. maybe we should hit the gay bars together sometime! we could go to preston's one and only gay bar 'blowing wild' lol, that name always makes me laugh!

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I've been there a few times and even though I enjoy myself I wouldn't say the clientle, no matter how pretty were 'my type'. It is good for a laugh every now and again but it isn't healthy to look for potential partners in clubs!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

1,286 posts

Posted:
i know what you mean. there's a fairly wide range of gay clubs in liverpool, but none of them are the kind of place i would go to pull! get yourself to l'pool and i'll show you our 'scene' its a bit crap, but a good laugh.

O.B.E.S.E.

CoOksBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
OK, I always have this problem: I go to a party or a club. And what happens? I make out with a guy and there sometimes is a connection and we seem to get along well(by that I mean no awkward moments and having fun). so we exchange numbers. He calls the next day and then it comes to another meeting, but in bright daylight!!! eek

Why is it so awkward by day? are we so retarded (or is it just me, pleeeeze tell me!!!) that we feel only confident during a date by night?

How do I say hello?? I made out with the guy one night: should I kiss him on the lips? but then it seems like we are already a couple. On the cheek? then we seem like friends, but we made out the whole night before. Help me out!! is there a dating code?? *desperately dipping the spoon again in the nutelly glass and plotting revenge against cheater boyfriend* angry
EDITED_BY: CoOks (1161097048)

Who needs boys, when there's pois?

1,286 posts

Posted:
i know exactly what you mean. the alcohol you consume usually has something to do with you being relaxed enough to get off with somebody in a club. plus the nervousness of having an arranged 'date' will add to the confusion.

just out of curiosity, whereabouts in vienna do you live coOks?

O.B.E.S.E.

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
Ok...darlin'....no really sure if I should be doin' this....you did say that you're 18, right?

First off....the night vs. day thing...we tend to be more open in a darker more intimate setteing than we are in daylight. You could say that it's harder to open up when you're more exposed...if there is a true connection, it will be there day and night and all times in between. Otherwise...try to make a new friend...

If you really want to catch a guys attention...put your fingertips on his cheek, right next to his jawline, give him a little soft kiss right on the corner of his mouth, smile and walk away!!! He'll call!!! (As long as you make sure he has your number, that is....maybe slip it into his hand while you're giving him the kiss!)

Oh, and the making out comes AFTER he makes the attempt to call...not the night that you meet him in the club...
I know that it's fun but, there is alot to be said for a bit of anticipation!!!

Okay...good luck!

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

CoOksBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
i live in the sixth district, why are you from austria? or even from vienna?? eek that would be awesome, i am looking for someone to do pois with!!!

edit: just saw that you re from liverpool redface
EDITED_BY: CoOks (1161119271)

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
If you really like the guy, Cooks, you could just stand there grinning at each other for a while,laugh if any awkwardness surfaces, give him a hug to warm things up, and then kiss him! ( anywhere will do to start wink

I was a bit wild at a pub event a while ago, flirting kind of outrageously with a few men, one sexy man in particular. Getting into trouble, lets say...Then my girlfriend/chaparone whisked me away( it was almost dawn) and deposited me at home, alone!!!, for my own good she said! Next morning, go to see someone in town to tell the tales of the previous night, and the guy walks in...

In the bright light of day it all just seemed silly, but sweet, too. We all start laughing. I kinda blushed and apologized, and he said no- he loved it! Made him feel like King of the Universe...

Anyways, after some fabulous daylight conversations, I realized that the connection is more than just physical attraction and a lot of alcohol. Hooked up with him again this weekend, by random chance, and now somethings started... Yay!

Go for it!

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

CoOksBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
thanks, that was so educational!!! (golden boy reference biggrin )

i guess I have to separate making out and possibly-more-guys smile

thanks again ubbrollsmile

CoOksBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
BansheeCat : thats so cool!! but that kind of things never happen to me frown I always kook up with the wrong guys and when the connection is right I get cheated on, I am doomed frown

And what is it with guys saying : "i ll call you back" and you never ear of them anymore angry ???? I am so sick of that, why cant they just say that they want to keep it friendly or even that they just dont want to meet anymore??? its not that difficult!!

CoOksBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
fyrespirit: you seem quite experimented wink

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
*** warning --use any and all advice at your own risk-- keeping in mind at the moment I am a mad, preposterous, "multiple" woman, with no one current "steady" partner. If that is what you want, maybe try the opposite of everything I say? wink But I am happy, so that has to count for something, right?And I was married for the majority of my adult life, so I do have some experience there, also. But, add a grain of salt, or maybe a shaker...lol***

I usually just consider it a good screening mechanism if they dont call, obviously they are not the right person... The right person will definately call. So I never angst about that shite. Let it go.

When you meet someone, try not to project anything in to the future. Stay in the moment, enjoy it, and then you wont be disappointed if a fantasy version of future reality does not manifest. I find a relationship works better if I let it unravel moment by moment in an unpredetermined fashion. The ones that " fail" are the ones I did not give enough room to unfold as they will... whether that leads you together or apart.

I think communication is the key to the not cheating bit, and trusting your instincts about the nature of the person you are with. Well, trusting intincts- after you have unearthed them, developed them and seperated your true thoughts from hormonal infatuation...! Hmn. Maybe not so easy!

People will never be faithful if that is not what they want to do. If a guy feels like he is sacrificing or missing out on something, it is only a matter of time until he will cheat or leave.So chose carefully, and communicate clearly and about desires , limitations and expectations.

On a lighter note, try pie. yes, Pie! A secret weapon for which no man has adequate defense. I have three, not one but three!!! *gorgeous* men coming to my place tonight, all cause I am making homemade pies...

Who knew?

*Well, I guess my mother did, but for some reason I never beleived her. Odd...*

Good luck!

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

ickleMattenthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
B4gg3r I seem to be able to pick them at the moment frown

Went out with *another* woman who, it turns out, is seeing someone else and is only intested in friendship. I can't be communicating very well...

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
 Written by: CoOks

fyrespirit: you seem quite experimented wink

Umm..well...40 and never any complaints in the lovin' department. redface wink

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

1,286 posts

Posted:
i've had a few holidays to vienna coOks. my brother lived there for 5 years or so. spent most of my holidays there at the schweizerhaus at prater. what a place!

O.B.E.S.E.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Aight.

So I don't need boys.

I just went on a run.

Excercise is all I need.

Such a high!

yes, I think that's a sign of pretending I don't care to try and convince myself redface

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Amen to what Andrea said... communication IS the key.

My last boyfriend didn't understand that I needed more freedom than he could or would give me. So we had arguments about it all the time, like when I wanted to spend an evening or even a night (!) on my own just to have some time to breathe... I don't know, I always felt I was telling him but he wouldn't want to understand it, but maybe I just should've pulled the safety line much earlier and said "there's no way I'm going to be happy like this".

Right now I'm with Andrea in the multiples department, and while it's not what I want to do forever it's right for me now. And I'm completely honest about it to the boys and they seem to be happy. biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

CoOksBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
bansheecat: i guess that s my problem: I am desperatly in need of someone i can be happy with but not on a friendly level and I guess DO make plans, but its so hard for me not to do them frown
Now that I have been cheated on I am looking even more desperately for someone and am even more vulnerable, so if the next thing doesnt work I am going to be devastated frown

pie, huh? I am not really willing to cook something for a guy, its maybe a bit overreacting but i would have the feeling to be subordinate to him, and I couldnot stand that redface
and Birgit, concerning the multiple departement, i served my time, no more for me thanks smile

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
Finally not single!!

its been a while......ubblol

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

CoOksBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
idancelikeapenguinme: well i hope you are coming soon again to vienna smile
then we could fire the place a bit up because unluckily there are not many fire twirlers here frown

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
oi! no gloating! go on! git oudda here!

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
sorry Miss Dragon

*scampers away*

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

1,286 posts

Posted:
my brother doesn't live in vienna anymore, but i'd love to go there again. it'd have to be in summer though, so that prater would be open! damn i love the schweizerhaus. budvar on tap, salty radish and pigs legs cooked to perfection...what more could a guy ask for?...well, maybe a girl or guy to go with it all would be nice!

O.B.E.S.E.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I like the parks in vienna. green! green! oh, and that bar along the river. don't remember what it was called though. I think they've blocked off the river bank now though so you can't just chill there with your own beer, you have to buy it from them. meanies.

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
you should write a book, rougie...

"the rough guide to the world"

subtitle: around the world in 80 bars...

wink hug

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Doc Lightning should write one too... rolleyes

Circus MidgetSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
Is anyone here like me? The "lets-women-become-his-friend-and-is-then-forever-seen-as-some-kind-of-eunuch" type?

confused

"It was me! I was the turkey all along!"

Page: ......