Page: 1...1920212223...145
Rouge Dragon
Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here
Total posts: 13215
Posted:This is the official post for the singles in opposition to the love post!

(im going to laugh so much is Vanize makes a singles topic at the same time! lol!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete Topic

Rouge Dragon
Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here
Posted:
Non-Https Image Link

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete

Birgit
Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
Total posts: 4145
Posted:Just back from a most wonderful not-so-single weekend biggrin
Well, I'm still single, but the weekend was great and should see each other again at some point and all that, and I've seen my first real-life puffins, too! Life is good biggrin!

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete

toxicca
toxicca

Total posts: 12
Posted:i'm hoping for a not so single evening tomorrow smile go me!! but yes i tooo am single

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Total posts: 6120
Posted:Spotted a rather interesting looking chap amongst a gaggle of people I was chilling in the park with. Ears pricked up when he made a point that he called everyone 'dear'... Expressed my interest to a friend who knew him. He said that he was infact bi and should go for it!

Gave me his number. I texted him. The reply was that he was indeed 'moderately homosexual' but has a girlfriend...

eek frown

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

Igirisujin
Igirisujin

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 2666
Posted:Hey its not all bad dave, it could have been far worse if you just sat in the park and never had the nerve to give it a try.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Posted:Might've ben worse and more embarassing (but more 'proper') if I did it in person...

Oh well as Dave Grohl said #Done Done, on to the next one#

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

Birgit
Birgit

Posted:Hah, me's undecided between waiting for new boy to visit me back (which will take a while because of work schedules) or go visit again (which probably looks slightly desperate) wink

Any advice? biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

OrangeBobo
OrangeBobo

veteran
Total posts: 1389
Posted: Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Gave me his number. I texted him. The reply was that he was indeed 'moderately homosexual' but has a girlfriend...

More people should have that kind of courage. I wish I did, for sure!
I don't think I've posted in this thread before... well, I'm single, have been for almost a year... I think... I'm not really looking though, seeing as how I go to highschool, and they don't get me. Especially the guys. The girls are... well, teenaged girls. But you know what? I haven't worried about it, and I'm not going to. What will come, will come! ubbrollsmile

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Posted:Birgit - What does your heart say? (besides bu-bum-bu-bum)

Orangebobo - would've been more courageous had I did it in person but I get all shy in front people I like! But you're right about 'what will be will be'....

Pft! High school's a doddle compared to 'the real world' You'll be fine!

Delete

OrangeBobo
OrangeBobo

veteran
Posted:I know, but I still have one year of highschool left... If not for my friends I might actually go into seclusion and become a hermit until University. It's just hard for me to meet people with more maturity than what I see everyday at school. For an example, my first real boyfriend was 21 when I was 16. Now I'm 17 and surrounded by 16 yr olds, and I'm mentally smacking myself in the head! Seriously considering just becoming a lesbian so that I can get into a mature relationship!

On a different note... Gay Pride Parade this past saturday... Oh..my...goodness... Wanted to jump a few people there.

An example of people being non-courageous: While at the parade, I met some friends on the sidewalk with two of their friends. Later at work with the friends I saw, she told me that her friends loved my hair, blah blah blah... Meanwhile in my head I'm thinking "jeez, why didn't they introduce themselves? I could've given them my phone number or something wink" It works both ways though, I guess.

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

Delete

Birgit
Birgit

Posted:My heart? To be honest, my heart says I'm just out of a long-term relationship, not really wanting anything too close right now (which is why I don't mind this long-distance-whatever-it-is thingy I got myself into) and very much enjoying myself! smile

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

BansheeCat
veteran
Total posts: 1247
Posted:Birgit, dont play waiting games, if the two of you want to see each other it really does not matter who goes where-- if it is easier for you to get there, and you both want to be together, then just do it! Enjoy!

PS if you are not certain if he wants you to come visit again soon- ish, then try something really radical, like er, I dont know, asking?! wink

single or not, communication is good...

much luck and happiness, for all you guys
hug

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

Delete

Birgit
Birgit

Posted:lmao... yeah, done the asking tongue seems a definite yes for meeting up again smile

The lack of free time in our schedules is annoying though, but then it means we're both people who actually have a life, doesn't it! I think I'm still too much "wait a minute! Something's got to be wrong there!" to just go for it biggrin

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

rhi_b
rhi_b

Total posts: 51
Posted:yey birgit thats great! smile
have been seeing someone on and off the last two years but never really got around to going out and am now very confused as his ex is coming to live in the area for a couple of months and seems to think that he wants to get back together eith her and i dont know where i stand now! ubbcrying

Delete

BansheeCat
veteran
Total posts: 1247
Posted:Hmmn. I guess you could do something sort of radical, like, er, I dont know, maybe, asking where you stand? wink

hug

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

Delete

GitasGuy
GitasGuy

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 2303
Posted:andrea you have a very strange views on these matters of the heart. Who would ever think of just vocalising what their feeling. Thats genius. ubblol ubblol ubblol tongue

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

Delete

Birgit
Birgit

Posted:it's true though...

Good luck rhi_b, if he's worth fighting for go for it, I mean after 2 years all you have to lose is HIM and that seems about to happen if you don't try. hug

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

rhi_b
rhi_b

Total posts: 51
Posted:smile thanks i have tried asking him but he doesnt seem to have a clue either! oh well will all sort itself out soon no doubt! (i hope)

Delete

wolfbro001
wolfbro001

Total posts: 77
Posted:I ccan't believe I'm asking this, but is there any tricks/tips to hooking up with someone at a fire meet confused i just think it's a little dangerous walking up to someone while they're twirling and talking to them eek... and talking to them after they're done's just plain awkward...
I've been racking my brains to figure out just *how* i managed to spark conversations in the past redface

Delete

Birgit
Birgit

Posted:talking to them after is easy! just say that was a really good trick they did and can they teach you how to do it smile

Or, if you don't know them, say you liked their spinning and by the way you're (insert your name here). You can ask soooooo many questions, like how long have they been spinning, how did they get into it, do they know any other cool places to spin, and develop a conversation from there!

While twirling is a bad idea. Unless you're confident enough (and they look like they won't mind) that you can walk up to them with your toys and start some fiery interaction smile

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

Bird
Bird

now available in "advanced"
Total posts: 6086
Posted:You could always approach with your toys and ask them for a light!?

You'd be pretty unlucky for anyone to say no! smile

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Delete

wolfbro001
wolfbro001

Total posts: 77
Posted:smile thanks for the tips Birgit and Bird. will give it a shot next moonfest. on that note, if you attend moonfest and someone starts talking to you, please do not beat them with your staff/poi as it will more than likely be me :P

Delete

Birgit
Birgit

Posted:Just keep in mind that I'm actually on the singles thread, too, so I might have slightly unrealistic ideas of what works ubblol

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

pineapple pete
pineapple pete

water based
Total posts: 5125
Posted:well, looks like im back in here

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Delete

Rouge Dragon
Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here
Posted:
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

Cantus
Cantus

Tantamount to fatuity
Total posts: 15965
Posted:*Giggles* Rougie, one of your smilie people fell down!!!

hug ubblove hug

"I'll carry this....It's harder to spill a hat" - Chellybean
"...like a rabbit caught in a lighthouse?" - Chellybean

Delete

artindoril

Total posts: 117
Posted: Written by: wolfbro001

I ccan't believe I'm asking this, but is there any tricks/tips to hooking up with someone at a fire meet confused i just think it's a little dangerous walking up to someone while they're twirling and talking to them eek... and talking to them after they're done's just plain awkward...

I've been racking my brains to figure out just *how* i managed to spark conversations in the past redface

Ok, I shouldn't be here (not being single and all). But I saw this and thought that I'd chuck in my two pennies worth.

I met my current gf at a meet, basically we both turned up early. Spoke to her for a bit and then for the next few weeks I basically suggested to the others that we went for a drink after spinning.

After bout three weeks I organised a social event for the whole club and invited her along (cos it's a uni club and she doesn't go to my uni). Everything happened from there really.

Basically don't be shy, take the incentive and take a chance. If you don't risk you'll neva know.

Now time for me to escape this board before I jinx things lol biggrin

EDITED_BY: artindoril (1154358443)

Delete

MikefromGlos
MikefromGlos

Hitman
Total posts: 985
Posted:well i am in here to i guess... being single and all kinda depressing not having a serious relationship i am surronded by 15 and 16 year olds being 17 there out of bound and there so annoying none of them are mature and none of them spin ethier its annoying being at a age were hardly anyone spins and being in the middle of gloucester.

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

Delete

alien_oddity
alien_oddity

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 7193
Posted:ok..................so i've been told this by female mates of mine.............i'm vague and seem un-interested ubblol well....................unless you know me VERY well you'd know different, i've scared many females off by being too interested, and i'm sick of all the games, if you like me and i like you so be it but i will not act up, be a pawn or bow down to sociotey just to please some woman. i'm ok as i am, don't want the stresses of another thinking appendageubblol

take me and accept me for who i am and not what you can manipulate me into tongue

to this end.............until i find someone on my level,someone that accepts me for me i will remain single. some say "is he gay" to my closest frineds and when they find out i've seen through them for what they are or what they want i will remain to keep my distance.

life is NOT about partnering up, having kids and conforming to sociotys beliefs, it's about living!!!!

man ecologicly was not designed to be monogamous, if we where we would be so inbread we would be extinct by now....................let alone the "adam and eve" theory........ the bible is full of lies and miss truthes.

BE FREE, IN MIND, SPIRIT, BODY AND SOUL!!!!!!

babylon has conceptualised how we should live our lives, to further productivity through the programming they subjugate us to from the day we are born, babylon wants us all conforming to the beliefes of the deluded masses.

shake off the shackels of sociotey, conformaty.

"fear nahh babylon"

LIVE life, not exist

Delete

OrangeBobo
OrangeBobo

veteran
Posted:I've learned this past week that a great way to remain single, and generally unsocial is to loose your cell phone, not call anyone, and immerse yourself in a great TV drama that replaces the life you lost.

On that note, I'm going to stop tearing up over the season finale of Grey's Anatomy.

...in a minute...
*sobs*

footinmouth

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

Delete

Page: 1...1920212223...145