Page: 1...5152535455...145
Rouge Dragon
BRONZE Member since Jul 2003

Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here

Total posts: 13215
Posted:This is the official post for the singles in opposition to the love post!

(im going to laugh so much is Vanize makes a singles topic at the same time! lol!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete Topic

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Total posts: 1502
Posted: Written by: Birgit

But I'm still single! And very likely will be after Saturday even if it goes well

GAH! That is SO NOT THE ISSUE HERE DUDE!

wink

Written by: Birgit

And I'll be away for a month soon so you won't have to listen to me then, you won't even find out how it went! hug

Wha? I missed that - how come? (I predict: Going home for hols, where there is no internet access)

Delete

Birgit
BRONZE Member since Jan 2005

Birgit

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much

Total posts: 4145
Posted:nah, going to Bedford for work for a month frown We'll be staying in a B&B, and I'll try and find an internet cafe cause I think a month without web access IN BEDFORD would give me serious withdrawal (I think I could probably face it in an exciting place with lots of stuff happening).

So I think that month is punishment enough for me being slightly bouncy, yes? tongue

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted:BEDFORD!
City of Dreams!
Metropolis of Delight!
Urban Hub of All That Surrounds!

Oh well, at least you'll be not-all-that-far from spinners in Cambridge and London and Nuneaton and, dare I say it, Birmingham? biggrin

Boo sucks to having to go back to your Bedfordian B&B afterwards though...

what's the work that takes you there?

So I think that month is punishment enough for me being slightly bouncy, yes? tongue

I cannot judge. Let God decide (ow! my atheism!!)

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:well, I've got one weekend of my company up for grabs (1st weekend in December)! Is there anything nice in Birmingham (apart from you of course) wink

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted:What else do you need?!

ubblol

hmm... lots of canals, parks, art galleries, abandonded buildings etc.

good clubbing if that's your thing (Atomic Jam on Saturday 2nd looks quite neat).

Oh, and a WICKED rope climbing frame 10 minutes from my flat, one of my favourite places in the world ever! bounce

And, of course, fire spinning on Sunday night but it could be moved for a special occasion such as a visit from your good self. biggrin

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:I'm very tempted biggrin Though climbing's not for me, I'm scared of heights!

Would there be a bed or a sofa or something for me if I came visiting?

Edit: just read stuff properly... the work is DNA microarray chip stuff (Stop that labcoat fetish!!) at Unilever who sponsor my PhD and have the expensive machines smile

EDITED_BY: Birgit (1163685256)

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

I'm very tempted biggrin Though climbing's not for me, I'm scared of heights!

Heh, it ain't too tall and it's all a fairly dense network of ropes which is damn near impossible to fall through, so no harm will come to thee. But giving it a miss is no problem. No-one wants a freaked-out fraulein on their hands ubblol

Would there be a bed or a sofa or something for me if I came visiting?

Both! We have a sofabed! wink

Edit: just read stuff properly... the work is DNA microarray chip stuff (Stop that labcoat fetish!!)

*wipes drool, takes a deep breath, tries to calm down*

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:we'll see smile I might give the climbing frame a go!

So... should I be coming over on the 1st then? biggrin I'll have to leave the labcoat at the lab though, they're company property and get a bit silly about health and safety and using coats outside the labs.

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

we'll see smile I might give the climbing frame a go!

hooraaaay!

So... should I be coming over on the 1st then? biggrin

On Saturday the 2nd after 2pm for prefs. I'm on a course that's on Friday nights and Saturday mornings, finishing at 1.30.

Although, let me get back to you tonight about the feasibility of the whole plan - my flatmate just texted me and says there's a long-awaited letter waiting for me at home.. I *just may* have to be spending the time preparing for an interview! biggrin

I'll have to leave the labcoat at the lab though

oooh, you tease! wink

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:Cool, let me know tonight smile Fingers crossed for it being the interview, even if it means I'm stuck in boring Bedford. Who knows, maybe something else comes up, maybe there are even other Birmingham-ers (what's the official term??) with a spare sofa and we could still meet up for a spin or a pint biggrin

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

burningoftheclavey
SILVER Member since Jul 2005

burningoftheclavey

lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..

Total posts: 926
Posted:awwww grouphug thanks you guys and mr majestik im glad you dont know how i feel! tongue

he has a gig on friday and im working so ill miss his band again, but i think ill be heading along after so.... but he was out last night....sometimes i find it really hard to talk to him, i just get really shy... im not normally like that!! grr damn me! and like we had one night of snuggling and holding hands ubblove but i leaned in for a kiss and he just kinda shook his head..but that might have been cos there was folk there.......hence the whole thinking i should just... hold myself back, heh heh...*sigh*

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted:Good luck burningoftheclavey! Well you've made your feelings clear, it's up to him to come round to you. Don't be too shy, but don't be too keen.

*avoids temtation to say something useless and trite like just be yourself and if it'll happen if it's meant to be*

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Cool, let me know tonight smile Fingers crossed for it being the interview

Thanks, but looks like I needed more than fingers crossed.

No PhD in the maths of funky hippy energy-saving high-tech burners for me. Not that I care, IT WAS ONLY MY DREAM PROJECT AND ONE FOR WHICH I'M QUALIFIED TO THE HILT! ubbcrying

But on the plus side it means me and any other Brummies (for tis the official term) who are around get to meet you on the 2nd, hooray! hug

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:hug

Boo, that sucks! I applied for a programme in Glasgow that was perfect for me, too, and they invited me to the interview but never told me why I didn't get it (they interviewed 20 and took 5...). Looking back, the moment I saw the half-naked lady with a whip on one of the interviewers' screensavers, I think I went from "nervous" to "what the fxck is going on here" ubblol

But yeah, there is that plus side biggrin

Any other interesting projects going?

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted:Hahaa! Also, WTF?!

Way to professionalism, Mister (or Ms) Interviewer! ...probably for the best you didn't go there!

There are loads of good projects out there which I'd love to do but I've got to stay in Birmingham and get a CASE, or at least some kind of funded, studentship for mortgage reasons. To be honest it's really not the best time for me to be going back to uni but Oh! how I miss it so! (and Oh! how I want to be a scientist again!)

also, ta for hug

comin right back atcha... hug

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more hugs and a weekend away from a month away biggrin Life's treating me well today.

Now all I have to do is make a list for packing stuff, decide what to bring to the picnic, see if I can find my kite anywhere, buy new picks for my guitar, email some more people about entertaining me while I'm away, get uni stuff sorted, wash all the clothes I want to take, get some shopping done, set the mouse traps, arrange for someone to come and look at my ceiling that's been falling to bits (not really, just the decorative bits of it), figure out how to get an ex to give me the 250 quid he owes me (can't see that one working), do my tutoring tomorrow, buy shoes, rip lots of cds on the computer I'm taking, pack my suitcase, book an airport taxi for Sunday morning, find out how I'm getting into work on the Monday, ..... ARGH!!!! Not enough hours in the day!!!

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

BansheeCat
BRONZE Member since Jul 2005

veteran

Total posts: 1247
Posted:Birgit, I used to know a charming guy named Rob from Bedford. Met him in India, and he helped me escape from my fiance at the time. It was quite dramatic! ( I later was under suspicion for the murder !!! of said fiance... but that is a rather long story... )

Short version: all I can really say is never ever , even jokingly, admit to killing anyone. Particularly if they have been missing three months and you were the last to see them.Particularly if the person you are speaking to really is a police officer, and not a friend of your brothers playing a prank... Words I now live by. lol

At any rate, Rob and I had a rather lovely dinner in a posh place in Delhi, lovely night. Got coloured by many colours during a festival too... He is musician I think?Last name Godfrey or something like that.Oh, soooo many years ago....

If you by any chance run into a man named Rob while there, do say hi from the Canadian woman...er me!

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted:Birgit, you're not impressing anyone with your to-do list, you know wink biggrin

BansheeCat... :O :O :O

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:no, but I wrote it down and then printed it out so I can check the things I've done biggrin

Andrea... will do if I meet him! and eek indeed to that story. Maybe I should stop talking about drowning bad dates in the Water of Leith in Anthony's thread!!!

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

Brenn
PLATINUM Member since Jun 2004

Brenn

Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.

Total posts: 3286
Posted:*sigh* frown

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:What's up, Brenn? hug

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

monserat
SILVER Member since Apr 2006

monserat

My flabber is gasted

Total posts: 737
Posted:yeah, you're not normally down mate. what's up? hug

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

Delete

poig

poig

marmite and nutella sandwich

Total posts: 1590
Posted: Written by: Brenn

*sigh* frown

hug

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

Delete

Brenn

Brenn

Posted:I guess I should have been a bit more descriptive, haha.

The other day I was cleaning my room and found some things from an ex of mine which made me all nostalgic. It's a long story and complicated, but it was a reminder of how things once were.

I can't say I'd want to go back, but it really caught me off guard and it reminded me of how things were before all my efforts and intentions were transformed and sullied since the parting of ways.

The probably won't make much sense to you all, and going into detail of something like that is not the thing to do on an online public medium (something which she has had little qualm in doing elsewhere, heh), but I know what I put into the relationship, and proof of it was right there in the letters i found the other day. Now it seems like its only me that can remember the good things of it now, which is really sad.

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:Teehee... I know what you mean, one ex of mine was telling lies about me on 3 places in the internet (that I know of...) at the same time ubblol

At the time I didn't remember much good about him because of all the arguments, only now some nice things are coming back, but none of them strong enough that I regret the split.

It's always easier to make oneself believe that it was never good, and one didn't care that much about the other person anyway, than to say "yes, I've made mistakes too, and (s)he meant a lot to me but maybe we're just not compatible in the long term". So good on you to be the strong one and not just b!tch and moan about how bad everything was hug

If THAT makes any sense. It's 3 in the morning and I have to get up in 4 hours or so ubblol

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

Brenn

Brenn

Posted:Thank you, Birgit hug

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

Delete

BansheeCat
BRONZE Member since Jul 2005

veteran

Total posts: 1247
Posted:Full of smiles!!Returning from a brilliant night out with my guy -- dancing, then hanging at his practice space/recording studio, listening to tunes. Yum.Light, simple, sweet. He used to be a massage therapist,oh la la 'nuff said, hey! Happy girl... Hope things continue to, er, continue?

Oh wait, are you gonna kick me from the thread? No! We have no where for us " multiples" to go yet... wink

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

Delete

Birgit

Birgit

Posted:Well, Andrea, I'll be away for a while yet... a month without regular interweb, no idea if I'll manage to come here eek

I've just had one of the greatest dates I've ever had, even though I don't think it'll go anywhere, but it was just such a nice day I'm all smiley and happy biggrin And my choccie-coated fruit turned out really well!! And I'll get free massages from now on, yay bounce

byebye for a while... I'll definitely be back next year, but will try and get online a couple of times smile

(G.W. Dahlquist)

Delete

badders
SILVER Member since Jun 2006

Total posts: 18
Posted:I hate being single, its bloody lonely :-(

I may loose people. I may even loose my mind. But there's one thing I never loose....and that's the beat!

Delete

Brenn

Brenn

Posted: Written by: badders

I hate being single, its bloody lonely :-(

hug We're all in this together hon smile

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy