Page: ......
Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
This is the official post for the singles in opposition to the love post!

(im going to laugh so much is Vanize makes a singles topic at the same time! lol!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Awwww... . hug hug

Yeah, the spark is definitely needed. I was in a long term relationship for about 4 years, and there kinda wasn't any spark after the first year, we were both in it cause it was comfortable.

I've met a few people that I'd really like to be with, problem is I'm really shy and tend to keep to myself quite a lot... (hence the Silent Bob avatar wink) I generally only open up to people after I know them well enough, by which point I've usually fallen into the "Friend Zone" with the ladies. Also, no natural ability to flirt doesn't help frown

Pogo, the exchange program is truly genius!

My Mind is a Ship
Emotions become the Waves
Soul is the Ocean

If a quizz is quizzical, what is a test?

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
nail, head, kapow..

Blinded by Hyperlights, please donate generously grin

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I meant sam's words, really not sure about the goat fondling thing there ctrl-v smile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I once had an analogy that finding true love is like flying though the emptiness of space trying to find a habitable planet to live on.

When you find a planet, is it gonna be cold, barren or warm and nurturing or would it suffocate you? If it will nurture you, do you work hard and form a symbiotic relationship with it and its ecosystem or do you suck it dry of everything it has to offer and move on?

In between planets, you just drift... and carry on going forward. Because that's all you can do...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
beautiful analogy neon.....but where do all the meteorites and black holes come in..??

wait... ubbidea black holes=singles thread, meteorites=turn downs from beautiful people.... or people already with other people etc etc the list goes on... frown

gotcha.. beerchug

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Ah well, good to know I'm not alone then!

I tend to "click" with a lot of people, maybe I just don't really know what I'm looking for, or wanting incompatible qualities in one and the same person ubblol

grouphug

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
dave...that's so very true... but also so very miserable frown

poigmarmite and nutella sandwich
1,590 posts

Posted:
Just a small question... how do you find out for sure if someone's single? redface

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
 Written by: me

I generally only open up to people after I know them well enough

Or to a random bunch of people on the internet, I've just realised wink
Aww hell, you're all lovely, even the ones I don't know! GROUP HUG grouphug

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
dark matter? just don't go there biggrin

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
hug It's only miserable if you let it be... Fill your time with hobbies whilst floating around on the spaceship. Imagine spinning, contact etc in zero gravity! Imagine all the alien worlds you could you visit, explore, exchange ideas, knowledge, technology before moving on...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
 Written by: poig

Just a small question... how do you find out for sure if someone's single? redface

Ask them? Or do you mean with out blatant and embarrasing "I fancy you" vibes? Cause I haven't figured that one out yet wink

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:

find the right opportunity and just ask them somehow, humorously helps .. if they're interested they'd want you to know anyway.

really not easy if you've decided you really like them I know...

1,590 posts

Posted:
Thanks biggrin

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
I realised as I read it again it's only miserable because of how I interpreted it biased by my feelings on my last relationship.. came back to think about posting that and saw you'd pretty covered it already smile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Yakumo, I've had the pleasure of meeting you and you are such a cute and lovely guy!!! hug

Surprised you haven't got a queue of girls lining up around the block for you!

Sambo: ditto PLUS You're a musician! Chicks dig Musicians! biggrin

1,590 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Sambo_Flux

Ask them? Or do you mean with out blatant and embarrasing "I fancy you" vibes? Cause I haven't figured that one out yet wink

Sorry, I didn't see your post redface
And no, I don't want the Vibes wink

THE hop Pyro.
(with parents)
Unowned

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

Sambo: ditto PLUS You're a musician! Chicks dig Musicians! biggrin

Aww, shucks redface biggrin Thanks dude!

Maybe I should start carrying my guitar around and just rocking out when I see someone I like... Hell, if works for Tenacious D it should work for me? Right? biggrin

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
Even if I did have people lining up it doesn't solve the click factor (from both sides) smile

Or the shyness/embarasement problems (again from both sides often) if there was a spark smile

and being honest, someone's going to have to blow my mind to take it fully, finally off my ex.. it still gives a really bad aura and keeps most a mile away so I don't get to meet them in the first place to see.

There's been a few I thought might, and feel great around, but know they (or think they) fall into the 'not single dammit' category so won't be finding out if they'd ever reciprocate anyway.

It's a cruel thing about love, it can make you such a blithering idiot you're just not yourself around someone you're sure you should fit so well with, and then they perceive you as something far less, and when you try show them you share the same thoughts,feelings, think your just trying to appease them, that it's not really you.

That in itself though should just show that they're just not the one for you, but it's so hard..

Fortunately I've met some amazing people I love to bits, a not insignificant amount of them I saw in London not so long ago smile hug

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:

If they're seen with someone and they seem really intimiate, it's a sure-fire given that they're probably taken. However, if you seldom see them with other people then there's no real way of knowing.

The answer: Don't think about it and just assume they aren't. Without being too forward, start showing that you're interested. At that point, they'll probably tell you they're taken if they are: That's not something that should be difficult for them to do and you have no way of knowing until they say they are. Agonising too much about whether they're taken or not UNTIL you know is very detrimental.

In the very rare case however, they're taken, but they don't tell you....well they aren't worth being with in the first place because they are using, cheating bastards biggrin

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:

Written by: me

I generally only open up to people after I know them well enough

Or to a random bunch of people on the internet, I`ve just realised wink

ubblol that`s one of the funniest things about this thread... all these people having a cry about how painfully shy they are, but the anonymity of the internet allows all to pour their hearts out to random strangers (yes, some of us know each other better than others, but write it here and it`s an open letter)...

as for the *spark*... I agree 100%... and would agree even more if it were feasible. I defy anyone to be able to define and/or describe exactly (or even vaguely) what makes that spark happen, because it is different for every person and for every pairing of people (more, if that`s the way you swing wink). it`s either there... or it`s not... sometimes, straight away biggrin, sometimes builds over time smile and sometimes... it goes away... frown

but without it... you`re really just treading water

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
it's a general internet thing though, you can take as looong as you like to form what you would like to say, and express it with any emotion you're attempting to express, without stuttering or tripping over your own tongue, panicking, or outright finding yourself physically unable to speak.

it can make you feel even like it's telepathic if your genuinely typing your thoughts rather than attempting to craft some kind of glamour or fallacy, which unlocks a freedom in communication many don't feel they have in real life.

it can make for beautiful things, or outright rambling bol****s smile

YakumoSILVER Member
veteran
1,237 posts

Posted:
And the best friends in the world are the ones that you can speak as easily to as that in their presence!

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
The spark has definately got to be there, a relationship cannot exist without it. Its a painful lesson I've learnt in my experiences.

I cant stop thinking about what JonnyRok told me the other day, "Just remember, friends never break up with you". Its so true!

And I'm happy bcoz I made a new friend biggrin

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:

Maybe I should start carrying my guitar around and just rocking out when I see someone I like... Hell, if works for Tenacious D it should work for me? Right? biggrin

Oooooh, you've got a guitar? ubblove ubblol

Yakumo, if there's still an ex on your mind you wouldn't be doing yourself a favour even if the new person was mind-blowing... better take all the time you need to get over it!

And Pogo, have you ever heard ME complaining about being too shy? Thought so biggrin

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

monseratSILVER Member
My flabber is gasted
737 posts

Posted:
There definately has to be a spark. the number of people I know who would rather be with someone and miserable than on their own, I've never understood it shrug

I tend to get shy around someone I like if I'm trying to think of something to say and almost always end up saying something that makes cringe afterwards! I really should just say the first thing that comes into my head, although that has got me into trouble in the past... ubblol

Chaos is the natural state of the universe

Some days I'm the pigeon, some days I'm the statue.

honourary militant margerine ninJAH

If it wasn't for displacement activity I wouldn't get half as much done

Pogo69SILVER Member
there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
3,764 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Birgit

Oooooh, you've got a guitar? ubblove ubblol

you know, sam... my guitar went a long way towards winning the heart of my ex (ok, obviously it didn't work for keeps, but I can't blame the guitar for that). you wanna make sure you choose you songs wisely though, I think... wink

Written by: Birgit

And Pogo, have you ever heard ME complaining about being too shy? Thought so biggrin

ummmm, no... can't say I have... tongue which is why I'd never make a blanket statement... if anything, birgit, I think you probably tread dangerously close to the opposite side of the spectrum... ubblol

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
Birgit: Yeah, I've got the most ROCK guitar ever! ubblol

Written by: monserat

There definately has to be a spark. the number of people I know who would rather be with someone and miserable than on their own, I've never understood it shrug

Yeah, its a weird one. I think in my case, it was the fact of it being my first really serious relationship, and we were living together, and besides that, I did love her. I guess I was so freaked out by the prospect of being alone again that I just kinda put up with all the crap that came with it. Another reason was that a lot of the problems were caused by her depression, and I kinda felt that I shouldn't abandon her over something that wasn't really her fault. Damn my hideous guilt complex.

Actually, it was only after things got so bad that we decided not to live together anymore that I finally twigged that being on my own=freedom not loneliness. I've met so many cool and lovely people (ie you lot) as a direct result of being able to do what the hell I like! And when I hang out with my ex now (we're still good mates) and she goes off on one, I now get to kick back, chill, and let someone else deal with that sh*t. wink

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

Sambo_FluxGOLD Member
Introverted
833 posts

Posted:
 Written by: pogo

you wanna make sure you choose you songs wisely though, I think...

Yeah, I think serenading a loved one to the dulcet tones of Tenacious D's perennial classic "F**k Her Gently" may not have the desired effect...
ubblol

My Mind is a Ship
Soul is the Ocean

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Or 'Closer' by NIN...

Page: ......